Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 04:25 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

get a lawyer. At least have the charge dropped down to a lesser charge
Old 05-08-2009, 04:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I got arrested for reckless driving. I got court fees, deferred adjudication (6mo), 24hrs community service, and probation for 6mo along with the fees and a **** test. It all came out to about $1k in the end with lawyer and everything. The DA wanted to put me in jail for 90 days!! Since it was my first arrest, i didnt get any jail time and I didnt get my license suspended. I did get my car towed though. Did you get yours towed?? Good luck Bro!! Oh and did you at least win the race?!?!?!
Old 05-08-2009, 04:40 PM
Teching In

I got arrested last year for street racing I got a lawyer for it they gave me 6 month probation and 24hr of community service.
Old 05-08-2009, 04:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i got a ticket for acceleration display but not arrested. ive been arrested for other things but not street racing
Old 05-08-2009, 04:51 PM
Launching!

his wife was hanging out the window flashing his badge and telling you to pull over.........how glorious
Old 05-08-2009, 05:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

That sucks man. I've been arrested but not for street racing. I would lawyer up though for sure so you don't go in there and get *** pounded with fines, probation, community service or possible jail time. Or the possibility to loose your liceanse for that matter.
Old 05-08-2009, 05:23 PM
HTX
TECH Regular

that is so damn gay. Was there heavy traffic at the time? Where you weaving? Im trying to figure why they would go through the trouble. I know alot of cops and almost none of them give a damn about ppl breaking traffic laws when they are off duty.

did you inform them of thier douschness?
Old 05-08-2009, 06:02 PM
Teching In

yes. you need a lawyer. I found a guy that feels like he can get it off my record. $500..

Kubosh, Paul - Paul Kubosh Attorney at Law
(713) 222-0990
1619 Lubbock St, Houston, TX

I also know of another guy that is a good lawyer too..

Last edited by whitey92Lx; 05-08-2009 at 06:48 PM.
Old 05-08-2009, 06:43 PM
TECH Regular

post deleted by user...

Last edited by wolfy; 05-09-2009 at 06:30 AM.
Old 05-08-2009, 06:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well they dont have you on camera and an off duty officer's wife pulled you over........My lawyer would laugh. I wouldnt have stopped tho because anyone can pull out a fake badge get you to pull over and then rob you and steal your car. Almost positive you could get it dismissed or a lesser charge. Probably still going to cost you but its better than that **** being on your record. Just my .02
Old 05-08-2009, 06:48 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by wolfy
if i were you and the OP, i'd think your post should look a little more like this...

word..
Old 05-08-2009, 07:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My charges got dropped because the cop didn't actually witness us street racing. Apparently some lady called in and said we were racing. My car died a couple miles up the road. My buddy (who wasn't even racing during the race) was behind me helping me out. There was a flatbed there already in the process of taking my car when the cop got there... a good 15 mins later.

He claimed we were racing, wrote on the ticket that we confessed to it. They had a field day with the tow truck driver and tried to make him put the car back down. The driver said "it's on there and ain't comin off" then drove off with my car and dropped it off at my house for me. My buddies car got impounded... he was pissed. I think we counted 7 cop cars?

They took us to humble city jail, then we got transported to an annex jail, then harris county. No food for 30 something hours.

just for ***** and giggles, here's my mugshot from the night LOL i got it off the DPS public records
Attached Thumbnails Anyone been arrested for street racing?-individualphoto.aspx.jpg  
Old 05-08-2009, 07:24 PM
Staging Lane

Hey man....you have a CDL and from what I understand you dont have all the little luxuries of deferred n stuff.....thats what I was told because I needed some of my staff to get their CDL to drive some of my busses and another person told me about how bad it is to have a CDL if your gonna do crazy ****.....I decided not to get one fer me. Check on it and get a lawyer. I would go to court with the good ol story of we were talking to a bunch of girls going down the road and they would speed up and slow down. Police lie...so can you. Off duty? Must be a supercop
Old 05-08-2009, 07:37 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by HTX
that is so damn gay. Was there heavy traffic at the time? Where you weaving? Im trying to figure why they would go through the trouble. I know alot of cops and almost none of them give a damn about ppl breaking traffic laws when they are off duty.

did you inform them of thier douschness?
No traffic, no weaving... I dont even think we went over the speed limit
Old 05-08-2009, 07:38 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by whitey92Lx
yes. you need a lawyer. I found a guy that feels like he can get it off my record. $500..

Kubosh, Paul - Paul Kubosh Attorney at Law
(713) 222-0990
1619 Lubbock St, Houston, TX

I also know of another guy that is a good lawyer too..
When did they let you out?
Old 05-08-2009, 08:39 PM
Launching!

liar up I mean lawyer up lol. I too have a cdl and it sux for us no matter what. What were the off duty's driving? If it was even remotely slow I would have left em in the dust. G/l thogh man you'll be ok, worse case talk to the da thru ur lawyer and agree to a donation to a charitable cause and some community service It works for cdl drivers.
Old 05-08-2009, 09:01 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by jmoody66
Hey man....you have a CDL and from what I understand you dont have all the little luxuries of deferred n stuff.....thats what I was told because I needed some of my staff to get their CDL to drive some of my busses and another person told me about how bad it is to have a CDL if your gonna do crazy ****.....I decided not to get one fer me. Check on it and get a lawyer. I would go to court with the good ol story of we were talking to a bunch of girls going down the road and they would speed up and slow down. Police lie...so can you. Off duty? Must be a supercop
you're absolutely right. we can't get deferred or defensive driving even for tickets we get in our personal vehicle. stupid *** law if you ask me

Originally Posted by mariojmoe
liar up I mean lawyer up lol. I too have a cdl and it sux for us no matter what. What were the off duty's driving? If it was even remotely slow I would have left em in the dust. G/l thogh man you'll be ok, worse case talk to the da thru ur lawyer and agree to a donation to a charitable cause and some community service It works for cdl drivers.
i thought about that, and it damn near doesn't matter what they were driving, that black car is pretty damn fast
Old 05-08-2009, 09:06 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NSSANE02
When did they let you out?
I finally got out thursday at 2:30 am ish...pretty f-ing lame.. I just hope I didnt catch the swine flu in that bish...

Im thinking about keeping the fox on the track from now on..
.. for the most part. Maybe do what you did and put the car on a diet...
Old 05-08-2009, 09:57 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by mariojmoe
Yeah I'm looking for a good lawyer now, I've got a couple I'm gonna talk too on monday. They were driving a Silverado, and yeah I could have been out of sight in a matter of seconds but like I said I just couldn't process what was going on fast enough to react like I should have. I'll give donations, pay fines and fees, whatever I have to do to keep my license. I can always make more money but only if I still have a damn job.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:05 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by rooster99ss
you're absolutely right. we can't get deferred or defensive driving even for tickets we get in our personal vehicle. stupid *** law if you ask me
Yup... CDL's suck major *** in these situations.
Originally Posted by whitey92Lx
I finally got out thursday at 2:30 am ish...pretty f-ing lame.. I just hope I didnt catch the swine flu in that bish...

Im thinking about keeping the fox on the track from now on..
.. for the most part. Maybe do what you did and put the car on a diet...
Damn that sucks man, I thought they didn't let people out after midnight? Yeah that fox body could be damn fast if you shed some pounds and got it running right

Quick Reply: Anyone been arrested for street racing?