Anyone been arrested for street racing?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 11:49 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by turbologics
Sell your car and buy a Honda - It will show you learned your lesson
That made me cry a little inside ... But no, I won't sell the car, won't stop driving the car, and won't stop modding the car. I may get another bike to have fun with though, don't have to race on a bike to have fun.
Old 05-09-2009, 04:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by NSSANE02
That made me cry a little inside ... But no, I won't sell the car, won't stop driving the car, and won't stop modding the car. I may get another bike to have fun with though, don't have to race on a bike to have fun.

Lemme know what happens I to have a CDL and am curious I would definately get a lawyer.

I hate to say this man but if you were doing this on a public street where someone could have pulled out in front of yall or there was traffic around you deserve it.
But if you were on a highway in the middle of the night where nobody coulda pulled out in front of you I feel sorry for you. I got busted over a year ago on a highway in the night where nobody coulda pulled out in front of me . Luckily the state trooper was cool as hell he just gave me a speeding ticket but then again I never admitted to racing and he was giving me a break thats what I call a good LEO. He even asked where I got my bottle filled .
Old 05-09-2009, 04:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lol or you could just never look at them and if a cop pulls you over, say you never knew someone was trying to pull you over.
Old 05-09-2009, 09:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If his wife was waiving HIS badge out the window, he is the one that better worry about keeping his job! This is totally illegal! You should lawyer up and this will get thrown out before the judges seat gets warm.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:41 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BADMOON
Lemme know what happens I to have a CDL and am curious I would definately get a lawyer.

I hate to say this man but if you were doing this on a public street where someone could have pulled out in front of yall or there was traffic around you deserve it.
But if you were on a highway in the middle of the night where nobody coulda pulled out in front of you I feel sorry for you. I got busted over a year ago on a highway in the night where nobody coulda pulled out in front of me . Luckily the state trooper was cool as hell he just gave me a speeding ticket but then again I never admitted to racing and he was giving me a break thats what I call a good LEO. He even asked where I got my bottle filled .
We were driving down the highway, no one around aside from a couple cars behind us, didn't break the speed limit.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:42 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99FRC
If his wife was waiving HIS badge out the window, he is the one that better worry about keeping his job! This is totally illegal! You should lawyer up and this will get thrown out before the judges seat gets warm.
I believe she was waving her badge, think she was an officer as well.
Old 05-09-2009, 11:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have been thrown in jail twice for street racing. Everytime I did they gave me about 4 different tickets. You have a very good story but i would hire a lawyer like sulo and sulo or specher and if they will not take the case they will know someone that will. I think if your lawyer resets the court dates enough these off duty cops will have hell taking that much work off.I doubt they will both take multiple days off to make a point.Those two must not have a life because thats the last thing i would do is **** with a guy for hauling *** on a open road. I wounder if they drive through fith ward ******* with all the crack dealers.Thats why I have all but quit street racing. I love it but I hate sitting in jail
Old 05-09-2009, 11:37 PM
11 Second Club

Technically I never stated that I was racing, in this thread or to the officers. I just said that I was arrested for it.
So you want to come in here, post only what you want to be seen, then have us feel sorry for you?

Before I shed tears for you, I want to hear the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. If you were acting an ***, just state it. I would have more compassion for you if that were the fact instead of you making the off duty sheriff and his wife the villains. I just don't see some sheriff and his wife out for the night, then pulling you over in an unmarked car, without uniforms, wife out the window flashing her badge, just to get their rocks off. My gut feeling (could be wrong) is that somehow you really crossed the line and they felt compelled to make the streets safer.

I am sorry about your CDL being endangered, but that is the price we pay for having it. As CDL drivers, we have different and higher standards to live by. If I lose my CDL, chances are good that my employer (Center Point) won't have much use for me.

No matter what I posted, I really do wish you well. Maybe you will get your hand slapped, no harm, no foul, and put this ordeal behind you. Lesson well learned.
Old 05-10-2009, 01:06 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by old_goat
So you want to come in here, post only what you want to be seen, then have us feel sorry for you?

Before I shed tears for you, I want to hear the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. If you were acting an ***, just state it. I would have more compassion for you if that were the fact instead of you making the off duty sheriff and his wife the villains. I just don't see some sheriff and his wife out for the night, then pulling you over in an unmarked car, without uniforms, wife out the window flashing her badge, just to get their rocks off. My gut feeling (could be wrong) is that somehow you really crossed the line and they felt compelled to make the streets safer.

I am sorry about your CDL being endangered, but that is the price we pay for having it. As CDL drivers, we have different and higher standards to live by. If I lose my CDL, chances are good that my employer (Center Point) won't have much use for me.

No matter what I posted, I really do wish you well. Maybe you will get your hand slapped, no harm, no foul, and put this ordeal behind you. Lesson well learned.
you're an *** for posting some bullshit like this.. It happened just the way it was laid out by the original poster..Nobody even broke the speed limit.. You have no right calling someone out like that and insinuating that he is " only telling what he wants to be seen" ..Harris county doesn't mess around. SO keep your opinion to yourself. Nobody wants your tears. He was just asking for peoples input so he can feel better about his chances of getting out of it without losing his CDL. Not a pity party.
Old 05-10-2009, 02:44 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by whitey92Lx
you're an *** for posting some bullshit like this.. It happened just the way it was laid out by the original poster..Nobody even broke the speed limit.. You have no right calling someone out like that and insinuating that he is " only telling what he wants to be seen" ..Harris county doesn't mess around. SO keep your opinion to yourself. Nobody wants your tears. He was just asking for peoples input so he can feel better about his chances of getting out of it without losing his CDL. Not a pity party.
whitey, I was quoting him, not you. Maybe you guys are buddies, but at this point I want to see what he has to say, as for what you have to say.........if you are buddies, I see and appreciate you having his back, however that doesn't give you much credibility with this story, unless you were driving with him or in the car with him. Maybe you have inside information, but I only know what I have read in this thread. He asked for opinions and I gave mine. My opinion is a question as to what really happened, the complete context of the ordeal. I did state sympathy for the OP.

The OP did admit only to being out of sight for a couple of seconds, however this being stated, I don't see a couple being out, and chasing the OP with the female officer hanging out of the truck and flagging him down without reason. Then calling another car, and having him arrested, and all the pain in the *** paperwork that goes along with the arrest.

Sorry if I don't fit into the lemming mode, as in "all cops suck, all cops are ********, all cops hate us guys in fast cars, and all cops are out to bust our asses for any chance they get."

Last edited by old_goat; 05-10-2009 at 02:49 PM.
Old 05-10-2009, 03:19 PM
Teching In

Im not saying anything bad about cops. I was almost going to be a sheriff. But I do know how the story went because I was the driver of the other car that was involved. What the OP said in regards to the series of events that occurred was accurate. There was not enough time in the matter for much else to happen. We were flagged down by a high beam flashing maniac in a silverado at happened to be a deputy sgt. He and his wife were both waving their badges out of the window like crazy people, and I feel like it was over dramatic considering the circumstance of the matter. In fact, we weren't even racing. We then both pulled over and nobody even said anything to him or myself except for "put you hands behind you back..."

Last edited by whitey92Lx; 05-10-2009 at 03:25 PM.
Old 05-10-2009, 03:48 PM
c6r
On The Tree

So I got arrested Tuesday night for racing on 290. Thing is, it was an off-duty seargant and his wife (also an officer) that pulled me over in their personal vehicle. I know I didn't have to stop for an unmarked car and I should have just kept going, but my brain just stopped working when I saw the badge. So do you guys think I have any chance of getting this thing to go away since they had no video, no speed, and no real proof?
Hate this happen to you, the (first thing) you should not do is admit you were racing, speeding yes, racing NO! hopefully the person with you that night in the other car knows this rule as well, secondly you have no choice but to get a lawyer at this point. Don't panic get your bearings together an think this thing thru, good luck.
Old 05-10-2009, 04:03 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by whitey92Lx
Im not saying anything bad about cops. I was almost going to be a sheriff. But I do know how the story went because I was the driver of the other car that was involved. What the OP said in regards to the series of events that occurred was accurate. There was not enough time in the matter for much else to happen. We were flagged down by a high beam flashing maniac in a silverado at happened to be a deputy sgt. He and his wife were both waving their badges out of the window like crazy people, and I feel like it was over dramatic considering the circumstance of the matter. In fact, we weren't even racing. We then both pulled over and nobody even said anything to him or myself except for "put you hands behind you back..."
I appreciate your more mature reply! This is part of the 'context' I was talking about.
Old 05-10-2009, 04:22 PM
HTX
TECH Regular

if everything happened how you say it happened, and it is the honest truth....

You have a case in a civil lawsuit againt whatever department arrested you. If the arrest was illegal (the way you tell the events - it was) then you can put a lawsuit againt the department or office. and the guy who got his car impounded you definatley have a case for a civil suit for all the fees you had to pay and if your car endured any damage.
Old 05-11-2009, 12:49 PM
11 Second Club

No sir, I came here looking for peoples opinions, advice, and personal experiences pertaining to my situation. I never once asked anyone to feel sorry for me or sympathize with my situation, I'm not sure where you got that from. I'm also not sure why you think I would come in here and post up some bs story just to make a bunch of random people that I dont even know (most) feel sorry for me. I'm a very honest person and I assure you that's not the case.

As you've already been told, the story you read is what happened plain and simple. There was no swerving, weaving, spinning tires, speeding, or any kind of jackass driving.

And I said that I "could" have been out of sight in seconds if I decided to leave the truck behind, but I didn't. I also don't expect, nor do I want you to feel any kind of hatred towards any police officers. I wasn't mad at the officer who arrested me, I was aggrivated at the one who ran me down, but I still don't wish any harm toward him or his wife.
Old 05-11-2009, 12:58 PM
On The Tree

Suck that you got pulled over.....but it really all depends on the state laws of where it happened they are all different.....so what you need to do is talk to 3 different lawyers before you decide to hire one and find out what the laws are where you are at......then ask each one of them what the best/worst case senario......and go from there......wish i had a solid answer but it all depends on what the laws are where you are at
Old 05-11-2009, 01:46 PM
TECH Regular

If you were just driving along, wtf did they pull you over for? Am I missing something here? You didn't do **** and got taken to jail. What did they say happened after they slammed your *** on the car in cuffs?
Old 05-11-2009, 05:37 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by edzsilverss
If you were just driving along, wtf did they pull you over for? Am I missing something here? You didn't do **** and got taken to jail. What did they say happened after they slammed your *** on the car in cuffs?
I agree....an off duty officer and his wife would not have flagged you down and called and had you arrested if you and your buddy were just "cruising" down the road. Something sounds fishy here.
Old 05-11-2009, 05:39 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by edzsilverss
That's not entirely true, but I've decided not to share anymore details about it until I get this **** taken care of. However, everything I've stated thus far is 100% true.

btw they didn't say anything to me when I was put in the car, I wasn't read my rights by anyone, and wasn't told what I was charged with until I was booked about 12 hours later.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

btw they didn't say anything to me when I was put in the car, I wasn't read my rights by anyone, and wasn't told what I was charged with until I was booked about 12 hours later.
this doesn't matter, **** happens all the time dude. including to me, twice.

Quick Reply: Anyone been arrested for street racing?