This is why I carry a gun EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 03:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

*off argument*

Police are now saying at least 4 shots were fired and are looking into murder charges for the couple.

http://www.abcnews.go.com/US/Story?id=7557222&page=1
Old 05-12-2009, 04:02 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 89IROC
he did that, he tried to retreat and it did not work, what is so hard to understand? the only way things could have been different with your un armed scenario is if the man was flash gordon....if some one returned fire then more then likely the meth freaks would have at least took cover and not just stood there laying in with more shots. Allowing for more time to get out even if the fathers shots were just total spray and pray...
Exactly. That's what I'm saying. In theory, he should have been able to get to him even faster since he didn't have the gun on him. If he was carrying, then he might have delayed for a second to decide wether he should fire back or save him. So in all actuality, this is your scenario to the T Silver35th. I'm not trying to make this an argument, because there isn't one. Seeing how the father was unarmed, his #1 priority was his child's protection. These monsters who shot him did not even give the father the chance to protect his son. Therefore, the only way this could have changed is for him to have a gun and fire back, or them not fire at all.

EDIT: I'm not sure why I was typing about a little girl. It was a boy. Not that it makes any difference.

Last edited by PatriotT/A; 05-12-2009 at 04:11 PM.
Old 05-12-2009, 04:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PatriotT/A
I have just read this entire thread
No ... I don't think you have. Well, maybe you have, you just didn't comprehend what you read.

I never, ever tried to dissect what actually happened. I wasn't there and having worked in the media world, I know that what is reported isn't necessarily fact.

I merely responded to scenarios folks were throwing out there about how IF it had been them, THEY WOULD have ... whatever.

I attempted to point out potential consequences of the hypthetical situations and then espouse my opinions and base my opinion on some reason other than "****'em".
Old 05-12-2009, 04:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 89IROC
if some one returned fire then more then likely the meth freaks would have at least took cover and not just stood there laying in with more shots. Allowing for more time to get out even if the fathers shots were just total spray and pray...
There's that "if" word again ...

What if the father had returned fire and "accidently" shot the meth-head's 7 year old son "spraying and praying". What then?
Old 05-12-2009, 04:14 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by mitchntx
Name calling ... nice. Shows a lack of intelligence and the inability to form a relevant thought. I wish that was screened on the CHL exam. Unfortunately ...

As long as you are sure you have the bigger gun, then blast away.

I'd prefer to be stupid and at home with my family than have my wife arrange 2 funerals.
Did you not read the post. They are arranging funerals.
Old 05-12-2009, 04:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ONEBAD383STROKER
Did you not read the post. They are arranging funerals.
Yes, I did read that the innocent child did in fact pass away. Very sad indeed and my heart goes out to the parents and I pray that the perps get what they deserve.

Not sure what your point is, though.

You do realize I was responding to hypothetical scenarios being bantered about like it was real life, right?

Sometime the line between the internet and real life gets some folks confused sometimes.
Old 05-12-2009, 04:38 PM
On The Tree

No ... I don't think you have. Well, maybe you have, you just didn't comprehend what you read.

I never, ever tried to dissect what actually happened. I wasn't there and having worked in the media world, I know that what is reported isn't necessarily fact.

I merely responded to scenarios folks were throwing out there about how IF it had been them, THEY WOULD have ... whatever.

I attempted to point out potential consequences of the hypthetical situations and then espouse my opinions and base my opinion on some reason other than "****'em".
What else can be done other than "what ifs"? I comprehended everything that I read and posted accordingly. You were responding in such a way that led me to believe that you thought your view had relevance. I never mind someone stating their point of view, but if your point of view becomes null and void, then then the discussion should be over.

I think it's funny that you responded to the scenarios with a "What If" scenario. Don't bash it if you're going to use it in your defense. Besides, we're not adding factors to the story other than the father having a gun. Adding additional children and assault rilfes is just going overboard. Then again, you're entitled to your "what if" argument as much as I am mine. Yours is just pointless. I'm sure if the father of the child had a gun and saw a child standing next to the meth heads, he probably wouldn't have fired back, but there it is again. "IF"
Old 05-12-2009, 05:31 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ABC article Adam98Z posted
"Sheila Muhs started cursing at them 'Get off our property,'" DeFoor said and fired off at least one round, causing the Jeep, which had started to leave, to veer off the road.

Muhs, he said, then put the shotgun down and chased after the Jeep on her all-terrain vehicle, eventually catching up to it on the levee about 100 yards away, the ATVs headlights pointed at the Jeep.

While that was happening, DeFoor said Gayle Muhs picked up the discarded shotgun and fired at the SUV. DeFoor said the trajectory of that shot showed that the back of the SUV was sprayed with pellets, it's rear window blown out.

"The SUV was in the process to flee," the officer said.

Nelton told the Houston Chronicle that they yelled at the Muhs after the first shot that they had kids in the car and to stop shooting, but another gunshot -- possibly more -- is all they heard in return.
When my family is already at risk, why chance putting them at even greater risk? So get the hell out instead being the 2nd party to a gun battle.
Apparently getting the hell out of there like you put it didn't help either. I would've shot back distracting the shooter giving me enough time to get away.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

I think it's funny that you responded to the scenarios with a "What If" scenario. Don't bash it if you're going to use it in your defense.
Not defending anything ... just responding in kind. You know ...

"If it had been me and I had a gun I'd ..." is the crux of this whiole thread. A very wise poster said earlier that no one knows how they would react in a similar situation ... including me.

It's OK for you to think my points are null and void ... it's no big deal on this end.

As far additional weapons or the additional child, the point you and others seem determined to gloss over, is that when you chose to return fire, you really never know how far it will escalate.

Agreed ... returning fire and buying time is a plausible scenario.

However, if they are willing to take the first shot, chances are good they aren't afraid to take a second or third or fourth or ... so where does it end?

child AND father dead (wife making arrangement for two)
child and child dead?
how about battle to the death ... last man standing?

Kind of sounds like Anytown, Iraq ...
Old 05-12-2009, 10:14 PM
On The Tree

As far additional weapons or the additional child, the point you and others seem determined to gloss over, is that when you chose to return fire, you really never know how far it will escalate.

Agreed ... returning fire and buying time is a plausible scenario.

However, if they are willing to take the first shot, chances are good they aren't afraid to take a second or third or fourth or ... so where does it end?
This is a pretty valid point. I just know that the people were yelling at the shooters to stop, and that there were children with them. This did not seem to deter them, so you're right....where would it stop if the father had a weapon? The only scenario we can critique with some validity is the one that actually happened. I'd like to think that I would defend my family if I had a gun. If I was in the same situation as the guy, I'd do my best to get to my child and shield him from the gun shots. I do not have children, but I do have 6 neices and nephews and I know for a fact that I wouldn't hesitate to give my life for one of them.

I'll say this, and pretty much wrap up my beef on this thread; these people should be absolutely tortured. They knew what they were doing and appeared to have no remorse whatsoever. I hope that another inmate completely destroys each of these people's lives. Death by injection is too soft of a way to kill them. They don't deserve to breathe the same air we breathe. My thoughts and prayers go to the family who lost their baby.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:20 PM
Launching!

This topic has finally reached a reasonable agreement. I did not keep up with this story and now after reading the post that the jeep was leaving so they were trying to escape and the situation just got worse due to those crazy..unbelivably crazy people. So yes I think it valid to return fire at that point.

I'm no longer trying to argue; I think we can all agree that these people were pretty much looking to kill since they disregarded the family's attempt to leave and to tell them they had children.

This situation is almost unreal; my prayers go to the loved ones of the innocent.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:29 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by -Ross-
Yeah, man. Blacks and Hispanics never shoot people.

Trash is trash.
I'm African American and Puerto Rican I shoot and stab people...haha just kidding! I'm a lover not a fighter
Old 05-13-2009, 01:18 AM
Teching In

They look like something out of Hollywood horror movie, like those folks on the newer Texas CHainsaw massacre, the one with Jessica Beils fine ***. Poor kid, some people are just ****** stupid and evil.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:21 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 02sleeperz28
I'm African American and Puerto Rican I shoot and stab people...haha just kidding! I'm a lover not a fighter
Till they take our tacos and or empanadas lol

^ It's ok for me to say that im hispanic
Old 05-13-2009, 01:41 AM
Staging Lane

Sometime the line between the internet and real life gets some folks confused sometimes.

Yes you do seem confused.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ONEBAD383STROKER
Yes you do seem confused.
And you probably think "Real Life" on MTV is REAL LIFE ...
Old 05-13-2009, 06:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

If I was in the same situation as the guy, I'd do my best to get to my child and shield him from the gun shots. I do not have children, but I do have 6 neices and nephews and I know for a fact that I wouldn't hesitate to give my life for one of them.

My thoughts and prayers go to the family who lost their baby.
This story is definitely a thought provoking, sensitive and highly emotional topic.

99.9% of us will never find ourselves in this type situation. And like after the "game" is over, it's easy to look back and wonder why Romo didn't try and hit Witten who was wide open or Hamilton grounded out to the short stop or Nowitzki passed to howard instead of taking the wide open 3 pointer.

The smartest post in this thread was

Originally Posted by 06 SS
And the only person who can make the call on if escape is possible or not is the one in the situation. It is pointless to argue either way as to what the individual posters think they would do in the same situation. If you are ever in such a difficult position, then you will know.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:37 AM
11 Second Club

I want the last word! lol!
Old 05-13-2009, 02:43 PM
Staging Lane

And 1
Old 05-14-2009, 01:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLrCbrl4tjs

Quick Reply: This is why I carry a gun EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!