2SS/RS 2010 Camaro thoughts, opinons, etc...

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 11:36 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by -PEPE-

...repeat to self...I don't need another Camaro...I don't need another Camaro... I don't know the new camaro is ok, the c6 or z06s impress me a little more, but I'd be lying if I said a new black PEPE II wouldn't be cool. All I'd want would be longtubes, CAI, tune, not even a cam...ok a mild cam...ok a more aggressive than mild cam...but that's it....no more...and a set of heads....and a forged bottom end.....and a "small shot".....28x10.5 slicks....ok....I'd put a fork in it...call it done...
fixed
Old 05-27-2009, 11:46 AM
AGH
Staging Lane

Just thinking outloud here. Oh one thing I did like was the seats, man they are comfortable.

So what are everyones thoughts after seeing this car in person?
It is a good looking car. I do not like the gauge cluster down by the shifter because it forces you to take your eyes of the road to see them. I like the look of the dash, except it seems a little bland on the passanger side. I like the tall polished wheels. The exhaust and tail pipes looked like they were pretty secure. My only thing is that I wish it was a 13 second flat car in the quarter mile with no mods and automatic. I do not like standard transmission at all. This is just my opinion.

I was going to buy one for myself, but bought something else.
Old 05-27-2009, 11:49 AM
AGH
Staging Lane

Well that's what I've read on here, like I said didn't feel like arguing with this yahoo.

Which two dealerships are selling @sticker?
The salesman at DeMontrond in Texas City told me $500 down and sell at MSRP. That was about 2 months ago.
Old 05-27-2009, 12:03 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ex-SS-ve
i think he needs to get one. but a body in white to turn into a drag car. pepe part 2.
Blah, not into "white" at all, it's too "fleet vehicle" for me...and a white drag car isn't my thing, seriously Joe, what's happened to you young Jedi?
Old 05-27-2009, 12:06 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 78novacaine
fixed
That's what I'm afraid of David ...not leaving it alone, maybe just a good catback, or maybe just leave it alone for 6 yrs minimum...
Old 05-27-2009, 02:43 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

That's what I'm afraid of David ...not leaving it alone, maybe just a good catback, or maybe just leave it alone for 6 yrs minimum...
Your a car guy, you can't leave it alone. That's like asking Oprah not to over eat at a buffet.
Old 05-27-2009, 03:12 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BizZzatch350
Your a car guy, you can't leave it alone. That's like asking Oprah not to over eat at a buffet.
Ahh but young grasshoppa you do not yet know the meaning of "no way" as "way" therefore knowing I'm more than "just" a car guy . I don't know what the hell all that meant Niel, always wanted to say some kinda David Carradine bullshit...

Here's the deal Niel, you're right I love cars, but I just can't see junking it out with a bunch of bs, hell 420 crank hp is enough for me ....I didn't just say that did I?
lol..no but really dude...until one hits a level 4 trail in a semi built Jeep, hitting a rock pile at 2mph (that's right 2) 50 deg vertically, 30 laterally, spitting rock shards and dust everywhere, you have haven't lived! It's an awesome world and the pucker factor adrenalin rush is definitely equal if not greater than the "car thing"

That said now that my wife has a 4-dr Rubi ...hmmm....I could swap my goodies for her stock stuff, sell mine....stop...stop....

Yeah ...umm so how about them Astros?
Old 05-27-2009, 03:46 PM
12 Second Club

lol, so, i see the itch is really starting to come back, huh? how about you finance my build, and i let you drive it when you want to

btw, you and the family should come out to the tx roadhouse meet tonight, should be a pretty good turnout this time around
Old 05-27-2009, 04:45 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 78novacaine
lol, so, i see the itch is really starting to come back, huh? how about you finance my build, and i let you drive it when you want to

btw, you and the family should come out to the tx roadhouse meet tonight, should be a pretty good turnout this time around
We all have class this evening can't make it, plus too much redmeat defeats the 6 pack abs in 6 months goal , I eat so much freaking fish I'm growing gills...no really

David truth is the itch never left

Last edited by -PEPE-; 05-27-2009 at 07:09 PM.
Old 05-27-2009, 04:50 PM
10 Second Club

Just keep the Jeep, you're old and slow now.
Old 05-27-2009, 06:34 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by INVISIBLEZ
Just keep the Jeep, you're old and slow now.
Yeah good point Mike, but hey Grandpa will sneak up and fool ya ...anyway you're not that far behind me
Old 05-27-2009, 07:35 PM
10 Second Club

Yeah good point Mike, but hey Grandpa will sneak up and fool ya ...anyway you're not that far behind me

Ha, I'm still young @ heart. I'll have to give you a ride in the vette when I get the heads back.
Old 05-28-2009, 03:27 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by INVISIBLEZ
Ha, I'm still young @ heart. I'll have to give you a ride in the vette when I get the heads back.
LMAO...oh great!!! ...so is this gonna be another night like when we were down in Mexico and the Federales were on our asses yet you freaking managed to outrun them ??? Alrighty then ...well just so ya know if we get pulled over due to shabby machine work and break down while in pursuit, those corrupt Federales might chop off your head and toss you in the ditch , as for me, well I have a lil more color and might be able to convince them I'll forfeit your car for my life ... but hey I got your back bro .... just saying ...
Old 05-29-2009, 08:01 AM
TECH Addict

Blah, not into "white" at all, it's too "fleet vehicle" for me...and a white drag car isn't my thing, seriously Joe, what's happened to you young Jedi?
you have got to be shitting me! body in white is in reference to it being just a bare shell w doors, fenders, front clip and hood n trunk lid. in no way is it in reference to the cars color. Seriuosly Brett, what's happened to you?
Old 05-29-2009, 08:37 AM
Launching!

so who's interested in seeing this badboy at the track?

Old 05-29-2009, 09:38 AM
11 Second Club

you have got to be shitting me! body in white is in reference to it being just a bare shell w doors, fenders, front clip and hood n trunk lid. in no way is it in reference to the cars color. Seriuosly Brett, what's happened to you?
Oh snap! ...shrugs ...guess I've been doing the Jeep thing too long Joe, obviously Yoda here has lost touch with some of the car lingo ...hey I still remember what "murdering" a black car means

I reckon you might have to take me for a spin in your new Camaro when it gets here and we'll see if my car adrenalin gets stirred back up! Deal?
Old 05-29-2009, 10:14 AM
TECH Addict

Oh snap! ...shrugs ...guess I've been doing the Jeep thing too long Joe, obviously Yoda here has lost touch with some of the car lingo ...hey I still remember what "murdering" a black car means

I reckon you might have to take me for a spin in your new Camaro when it gets here and we'll see if my car adrenalin gets stirred back up! Deal?
dont worry youll get your ride! just playing the waiting game right now with the dealer. the car is built now. just waiting for themto put it on a truck and get it to me. your not the only one that has lost touch with the car stuff. i have also. the cars sit more than anything with my schedule and all!
Old 05-29-2009, 10:51 AM
11 Second Club

dont worry youll get your ride! just playing the waiting game right now with the dealer. the car is built now. just waiting for themto put it on a truck and get it to me. your not the only one that has lost touch with the car stuff. i have also. the cars sit more than anything with my schedule and all!
You're alright Joe! Hey anyways you owe me a Whataburger dude, lmao ...remember the good ole Whataburger days? Better yet remember the 30 lb freaking dead rat under your front tire on the mean green lt1 of yours? lmao...dude that was at the whataburger by your house, whereas we only have lil field mice around our Whataburgers
Old 05-30-2009, 09:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

Classic has 5 Camaros listed on Autotrader right now, all below MSRP. **** these dealers that are trying to get over MSRP.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:50 AM
TECH Junkie

Saw 2 Camaro's (SS's) sell on Thursday at Norman Frede Chevrolet while we were signing papers for a new Tahoe.... Liem Nguyen got us the best deal he could for the Tahoe... Our family has always dealt with him anytime we needed a vehicle.