Anybody ever been robbed at gunpoint?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 07:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

shoot him in the back of the head when he turns around to leave.
Attached Thumbnails Anybody ever been robbed at gunpoint?-sspx0747.jpg  
Old 06-18-2009, 07:59 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharpe
It's not the cop's fault that you got robbed. Even the laziest fat *** would have wanted to have rolled up on that. Cops hate **** heads.

Im not blaming the police in any way with that statement. Im just saying "as my luck would have it". That stretch of Washington is infested with HPD at that time of night that are looking for people leaving the bars/clubs. If you go 37 in the 35mph zone, you WILL get stopped. When these guys took off towards that area, I never heard them let off, had to get up to atleast 80+.

I do carry, keep 2 at the shop and 2 in whichever vehicle im driving....just not this particular night.
Old 06-18-2009, 08:02 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by puggerton03
if you would have had a gun on you do you think you could have shot him when he turned around and got into the truck?
No, because I do not carry on me. I would have had to get in my car to get one. The guy ran off just as fast as he approached. Their Jeep Cherokee was approx 30yds away waiting with a driver.
Old 06-18-2009, 08:09 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SiL3NtXWS6
shoot him in the back of the head when he turns around to leave.
x2.

if he's close enough to touch me with the barrel, he's too close, and i wouldn't hesitate to kill him...back to me or not. how do i know he wont fire at me when he gets back to his vehicle, or from it as he pulls away?

no CHL personally, but it's coming soon. i carry most everywhere though, and i'm proficient and confident with it.

you were one of the lucky ones...someone once told me that being armed is like a parachute, if you're ever in the situation to need one and not have it, most likely you won't ever need it again. better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it...

another thing that most don't ever think about is being aware of you're surroundings, and risk assesment. i can't help but do it all the time...whether i'm walking my dog down the street, to pumping gas, to where i sit in a restaurant; all the time, everywhere i go. i do it with out even thinking about it now...it's a good habit to be in, and it makes all the difference between being a victim or not. (not ragging on the OP at all, just observation and personal opinion, but most victims allow theirself to be one...
Old 06-18-2009, 08:19 PM
12 Second Club

You should of said shoot me mother ******. Im not giving you ****!!!
Old 06-18-2009, 08:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by crAzy95Z28
You should of said shoot me mother ******. Im not giving you ****!!!
I don't know if I would have said that, but I probably would have face shot him when I pulled the keltech I carry in my back pocket as he thought I was getting my wallet.
Old 06-18-2009, 08:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sharpe
It's not the cop's fault that you got robbed. Even the laziest fat *** would have wanted to have rolled up on that. Cops hate **** heads.

Carry, man. You're a sheep without it, and they're the wolves. You gotta be a sheep dog. You're from Texas, which is almost like being in a free country still. God, if only my communist state was actually still close to being free like yours, with a real US Constitution and everything.

You made it through alive, thank God. Not everyone can say they have made it though having a gun drawn on them. I'm sure you'll never forget it!
Yeah, my dad was a cop. He said he left at midnight one night and the next morning his friend said they found some drugs on a guy at like 12:05 or something ridiculously close to when he left and then it turned into a full blown bust with tons of drugs and he was like DAMMIT WHY DIDN'T YOU CALL!??!?!?!?! lol. Yeah, cops like action.

I would carry but I am still in highschool. We don't live in the country anymore and you can't just have a gun in your car at school here.
Old 06-18-2009, 08:55 PM
Banned

I've never been robbed but I had a shotgun pointed at my face when I was a teenager. I had car trouble and went to a house to try and call for help. A real crazy old man met me at the door with a shotgun pointed squarely at my forehead. It wasn't one of my better days. Years later, I heard the same old man committed suicide, apparently he wasn't playing with a full deck.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:17 PM
9 Second Club NA

Glad you and your girlfriend were ok.

I never carry cash. It's rare that I ever have cash in my wallet. It's not for that reason, but it sure is a good one.

Crazy people out there.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:33 PM
9 Second Club

thats crazy..
Old 06-18-2009, 09:50 PM

Damn Mike, what the hell were you doing in that part of town? I think I would have driven on fumes till I found a station where I could fill up w/o any drama...

If your going to fill up in the ghetto, then you better be on alert!!!!!
Old 06-18-2009, 09:55 PM
Staging Lane

Had a shot gun pulled on me 2 weeks ago, and a 45 pulled on me when I was 14 doin some kinda walk around n sell candy summer job....
Old 06-18-2009, 10:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

A few years ago we went out to the country to visit my friends grandpa. We walked to dairy queen a few miles up the road and when we were passing the school some guy got out of his truck, asked where we were going and approached us. We weren't sure what he was doing but my friend pulled a knife out and told him to back off and he got back in his truck. Now after reading all this I am glad he did that lol.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Did you get the plates?
Old 06-18-2009, 11:09 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by retardedpenguin
A few years ago we went out to the country to visit my friends grandpa. We walked to dairy queen a few miles up the road and when we were passing the school some guy got out of his truck, asked where we were going and approached us. We weren't sure what he was doing but my friend pulled a knife out and told him to back off and he got back in his truck. Now after reading all this I am glad he did that lol.
Hahahha. That's awesome.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:18 PM
On The Tree

too bad you didn't get to kill the piece of **** and take him off the streets
Old 06-18-2009, 11:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sorry to hear that but hey man, just be happy your here today. What happened sucks but just be happy because you didnt make the morning news. I would give up my wallet in a heartbeat as long as I make it back home ....
Old 06-19-2009, 12:51 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by BADZ
Damn Mike, what the hell were you doing in that part of town? I think I would have driven on fumes till I found a station where I could fill up w/o any drama...

If your going to fill up in the ghetto, then you better be on alert!!!!!
Maybe you're not aware but that part of town is the new "place to be" as far as bars and clubs go these days. It's far from ghetto thats for sure.

Glad you guys are ok!
Old 06-19-2009, 01:19 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

That sucks Mike but you did the right thing. Its a shitty situation to be in no doubt about it, but one bad move could have made the situation a lot worse. People like that are looking for the easiest target possible, cowards. They'll get theirs.

Originally Posted by DeerHunter_Z28
Maybe you're not aware but that part of town is the new "place to be" as far as bars and clubs go these days. It's far from ghetto thats for sure.

Glad you guys are ok!
Your right, its the new mid town but just like mid town, it's still fairly close to some really rough area to north east and just south of down town.
Old 06-19-2009, 01:28 AM
Launching!

glad to hear your ok man.

how did he get around the open parking lot to the pumps with an assault rifle and 30yrds from the vehicle and still not be able to be seen by you?

Quick Reply: Anybody ever been robbed at gunpoint?