Is Pearland getting ghetto?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 02:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What do the cops do in Pearland? Do they actually police or do they just camp out on 521 and the 288/Beltway interchange and stop people for expired tags and tint?
Old 07-06-2009, 02:56 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I remember going to Pearland back in the mid 90s with my parents, there really wasn't much out there. Late 90s people started to catch on that 288 was kind of the better/back way in to down town/med center and the schools weren't bad. It didn't help that they had bill boards for Silver Lake with the Astrodome on it all over town and advertising how short of a commute it was to down town/med center. It's kind of crazy to have watched it grow from 1995 till now.
Old 07-06-2009, 03:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pasadena/south Houston area's are just little Mexico now.... the ghetto is off of I10 and Waco... See Fifth Ward... or over here in Greenspoint where i work.
Old 07-06-2009, 03:15 PM
TECH Resident

Ok, from someone who has lived in Pearland from birth till about 21(im 24 now) Pearland is not ghetto by any means. You want ghetto go to one of the wards in Houston. The problem is is that all these rich kids out here whether they be black, white, hispanic, asian want to mimic one of their relatives that lives the actual ghetto. Most of these "thugs" wouldn't know what to do if a real thug came up on them.
Old 07-06-2009, 03:24 PM
01z
TECH Regular

what is "ghetto" differs alot from person to person. some people think a trailor house is a castle.......its pretty subjective
Old 07-06-2009, 03:27 PM
TECH Resident

ghet⋅to  /ˈgɛtoʊ/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [get-oh] Show IPA
Use ghetto in a Sentence
–noun, plural -tos, -toes.
1. a section of a city, esp. a thickly populated slum area, inhabited predominantly by members of an ethnic or other minority group, often as a result of social or economic restrictions, pressures, or hardships.
2. (formerly, in most European countries) a section of a city in which all Jews were required to live.
3. a section predominantly inhabited by Jews.
4. any mode of living, working, etc., that results from stereotyping or biased treatment: job ghettos for women; ghettos for the elderly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Origin:
1605–15; < It, orig. the name of an island near Venice where Jews were forced to reside in the 16th century < Venetian, lit., foundry for artillery (giving the island its name), n. deriv. of ghettare to throw < VL *jectāre; see jet 1
Old 07-06-2009, 03:51 PM
8 Second Club

Pearland is straight THUGGING it now! You know why?! Cause I'm up in that bitch now! I left Friendswood to infiltrate Pearland and bring down home values everywhere

On a serious note Pearland has changed a lot considering I've lived in Pearland since I was 2.5 years old until I was 16 (2000), when we moved to Friendswood. I have watched a completly failed community turn into the biggest part of town and watched one of the nicest neighborhoods fall down to the ghetto. It's very sad.
Old 07-06-2009, 03:54 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Cam72aro
Walmart is ghetto, but right across the street to Randalls or Target and it goes away. Amazing how just a little bit more expensive stuff drives away a certain type or crowd. There is crime just like anywhere else, but its not that bad.
You are definitely right about that! We refuse to go to that Walmart, we go into Alvin instead. haha
Old 07-06-2009, 05:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just my experience there from dining sucked. I already knew that the Texas Roadhouse that just got built was going to suck. Service and food was off compared to all others I been to. I may go shopping there when I visit family, but never eat at a restraunt there, its guaranteed to suck. And yes, that walmart is ghetto. The one here off Fairmont, I haven't shopped at because its ghetto. I just go to HEB and Target to get what I need.

My point is, its one thing to be poor. At least wash your *** and be respectful of others. I will go out of my way to stay away from trash.
Old 07-06-2009, 05:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ive lived on the east side of pearland since I was 10 (26 now). Definatly changed alot and I try to avoid the cluster fu(k towards silverlake whenever possible. But me and Powell are holdin it down on the east side!!
Old 07-06-2009, 05:53 PM
11 Second Club

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

i woundnt say ghetto but areas around cullen are getting kinda redneck. you know people parking an insane amount of immobile cars on their lawns. the kind that have more than one regal
Old 07-06-2009, 06:52 PM
c6r
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ImpSS07
Ok, from someone who has lived in Pearland from birth till about 21(im 24 now) Pearland is not ghetto by any means. You want ghetto go to one of the wards in Houston. The problem is is that all these rich kids out here whether they be black, white, hispanic, asian want to mimic one of their relatives that lives the actual ghetto. Most of these "thugs" wouldn't know what to do if a real thug came up on them.
I tend to agree with your thinking on the subject, it's the style now to look like ( pure **** ) for the younger folks now with sagging pants, loud *** colors, big white tee shirts and shittie rims on there cars. And I see it across all races. But I bet most of these young guys ain't even close to living in the getto, parents probably have money out the ***
Old 07-06-2009, 06:53 PM
10 Second Fun Car

Been in Pearland most of my life(26). I still remember going all the way down 518 to get on 288. I live on the 288 side now, yeah its pretty ghetto. Its just crazy to see what is going to be built on 288. I figure it will be like 290 from 610 out over the years. Sedona lakes going in and then the land is purchased from 101 to hwy 6 for a major project.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:05 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Mr Powell
Pearland is straight THUGGING it now! You know why?! Cause I'm up in that bitch now! I left Friendswood to infiltrate Pearland and bring down home values everywhere

On a serious note Pearland has changed a lot considering I've lived in Pearland since I was 2.5 years old until I was 16 (2000), when we moved to Friendswood. I have watched a completly failed community turn into the biggest part of town and watched one of the nicest neighborhoods fall down to the ghetto. It's very sad.
Let me get this straight, you leave the luxury of the west wing in Friendswood, to move to the run down P-Land. If im not mistaken, didn't you just buy ur home in Green Tee? At least ur on the good end of the Land. Anything west of Cullen is a joke now.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:10 PM
Teching In

So are the Woodlands ghetto? or is Sugarland more ghetto, what about Kingwood. I dont venture much into these densely causcassian lands Country Music and soccer moms jogging on trails tend to be signals of DO NOT ENTER for hispanics, that and Randalls food stores
Old 07-06-2009, 09:10 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 306 that could
ive lived on the east side of pearland since i was 10 (26 now). Definatly changed alot and i try to avoid the cluster fu(k towards silverlake whenever possible. But me and powell are holdin it down on the east side!!
hey i'm holdin a peace on the east......
Old 07-06-2009, 09:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Y'all are funny, Pearland is NOT ghetto! I live down in Brookside, yeah there are alot of Mexicans but they are nice people and take care of their homes. Very pretty and nice part of Pearland that is out of the way. Down by Target and all that, yeah there are a bunch of thug black people, but most aren't driving around POS Corolla's and stuff, they are the high class loud fake *** ghetto black people. I am not afraid of them trying to rob me, I could sneeze and they would run away crying.

What area's are you guys talking about specifically that are just down right ghetto people on porches with no a/c, beer cans stacked in shapes of gang signs, shot gun holes in the sides of the house, buick regal parts gauntlet in the yard, pit bulls bangin on the other side of the fence etc.. It is kinda like that down where the flea market is, but it's not to the point where I am afraid for my life.

I use to hang out in the ghetto in my old town since that is where all the kids were. As long as you are a nice person and are ******* with any people and flipping them off you will be fine.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:37 AM
TECH Addict

Update on Pearland Ghetto. Me and the wifey went to Olive Garden last night and decided to go see the Hangover at the Cinemark at Silverlake. We left about 930 after the movie and headed to Heb to get gas. We were pumping the gas and all the sudden I see this young black girl probably 17-20 running out of Heb with 2 Heb employees chasing her. She had what looked like a purse over her shoulder. Not sure if it was hers, but I am sure she stoled something. They chased her a good ways and she got into a car by the Town center and the cops pulled it over immediately. The the good thing about Pearland is that Cops are no farther than 500 feet from each other and can be at any location in a split second, lol. Just thought I would share this, Josh
Old 07-07-2009, 10:33 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Cam72aro
Update on Pearland Ghetto. Me and the wifey went to Olive Garden last night and decided to go see the Hangover at the Cinemark at Silverlake. We left about 930 after the movie and headed to Heb to get gas. We were pumping the gas and all the sudden I see this young black girl probably 17-20 running out of Heb with 2 Heb employees chasing her. She had what looked like a purse over her shoulder. Not sure if it was hers, but I am sure she stoled something. They chased her a good ways and she got into a car by the Town center and the cops pulled it over immediately. The the good thing about Pearland is that Cops are no farther than 500 feet from each other and can be at any location in a split second, lol. Just thought I would share this, Josh
You should have tackled that hood rat.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:04 AM

Never hear much ghetto stuff going on out here. I'm a bit north of The Woodlands (Between Conroe and The Woodlands) but have plenty of friends that pay very high property taxes / fee's so that might keep some things in line I would suppose...

Originally Posted by redsox_ws6
So are the Woodlands ghetto?

Quick Reply: Is Pearland getting ghetto?