Thinking on moving to Waco and going to TSTC

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009 | 07:39 AM
Teching In

Default Thinking on moving to Waco and going to TSTC

Hey guys i was just wondering if anyone has been to TSTC in Waco and if so how did you like the school...im going for the instrumentation AAS degree and if possible finish my drafting degree...also what is there to do in waco lol i come from a small **** ant hick town an hour south of houston called sweeny so most likely it will be an upgrade from what im use to...and another thing apartments i dont want to be on campus so if anyone knows any close apartments to the school please let me know so i can check em out

Thanks
Old 07-08-2009 | 04:20 PM
12 Second Club

TSTC is a great tech school. I already have 1 drafting degree in mechanical/electrical drafting and finishing up my second drafting degree in architectural as my work is paying for it.

There are plenty of nice apartments around town. No matter where you go you will not be anymore than 20-25 minutes away from campus. Shoot me a PM if you have anymore questions.

PS - thanks for joining up on texas octane!
Old 07-08-2009 | 11:37 PM
Teching In

Yeah i go to TSTC, this fall will be my fourth semester for the AAS in Automotive. Its a good school, not a whole lot to do in Waco itself but its alright. there are about 20 apartment complexs within 10 miles of the campus, best to just go look around and see what suits you best. Let me know if you need anything
Old 07-09-2009 | 07:34 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by john4621
Yeah i go to TSTC, this fall will be my fourth semester for the AAS in Automotive. Its a good school, not a whole lot to do in Waco itself but its alright. there are about 20 apartment complexs within 10 miles of the campus, best to just go look around and see what suits you best. Let me know if you need anything
Hey Thanks yeah everyone here at work is telling me its a damn good school but ya as far as anything to do im perty much smack dab in the middle of friends and family with about an hours drive away or maybe more with Dallas Denton and College Station so i dont think it wil be that bad at all i hope
Old 07-09-2009 | 01:07 PM
On The Tree

I went for Autobody Collision and Refinishing some 16 years back and it was great then and I've heard nothing but better since then.
Old 07-09-2009 | 01:54 PM
Launching!

Its still Great, im going for my aas in welding and enjoy it, waco is smack dab in the middle of everything, got some pretty interesting clubs depending on what you like ie wild west, whiskey river and theres another one if its your crowd called club energy right next to whiskey river, Valley mills used to be pretty crunk when i was growing up but now i believe the cops have pretty much calmed that area down. Tstc is a great school i like it alot and am sure you will as well
Old 07-09-2009 | 02:09 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by blubyu02
Its still Great, im going for my aas in welding and enjoy it, waco is smack dab in the middle of everything, got some pretty interesting clubs depending on what you like ie wild west, whiskey river and theres another one if its your crowd called club energy right next to whiskey river, Valley mills used to be pretty crunk when i was growing up but now i believe the cops have pretty much calmed that area down. Tstc is a great school i like it alot and am sure you will as well
lol i might go check out whiskey river anyways yeah im sure im going to like it alot and ive heard great things about the school...and your right bout waco being smack dab in the middle i have friends going to North Texas in Denton and Family in Dallas and my girlfriend and friends in college station and all are about less then 2 hours away so i think it will work out just fine
Old 07-09-2009 | 05:49 PM
TECH Regular

my ex went there... she didn't finish because she made alot of stupid choices
Old 07-09-2009 | 09:26 PM
11 Second Club

Spent two years down there getting my AAS in automotive. It's a great school. A few good clubs, checking out the babes on the hill at Baylor, and Lake Whitney isn't a very long drive. You used to be able to look around the Branch Dividian Compund. That was interesting to say the least. Like mentioned, Valley Mills was the happening place. Picked up a ton of races there. I also hear it's well controlled now. One good thing, Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet is down there! LOL! It would be real handy for me.
Old 07-09-2009 | 10:06 PM
Teching In

TwoSlutsThousandCocks

If you go there, you should know what it means
Old 07-10-2009 | 10:47 AM
TECH Junkie

ToStoneToCare

yes I am a Alumni
Graphic Arts & Advertising Assc Degree
Old 07-10-2009 | 11:13 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by mattLS1
TwoSlutsThousandCocks

If you go there, you should know what it means
Aint that the damn truth. Ive lived here my whole life.
Old 07-10-2009 | 11:17 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TexasOutlaw69Camaro
Hey guys i was just wondering if anyone has been to TSTC in Waco and if so how did you like the school...im going for the instrumentation AAS degree and if possible finish my drafting degree...also what is there to do in waco lol i come from a small **** ant hick town an hour south of houston called sweeny so most likely it will be an upgrade from what im use to...and another thing apartments i dont want to be on campus so if anyone knows any close apartments to the school please let me know so i can check em out

Thanks
I graduated from there in '99 with AAS in Instrumentation...My advice is get a part time job somewhere, maybe a resturant as a server. I did and I meet a lot of great people. Yeah there where not a lot of girls there when I was there, but that might have changed sence then.
Old 07-10-2009 | 12:31 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by after dark
I graduated from there in '99 with AAS in Instrumentation...My advice is get a part time job somewhere, maybe a resturant as a server. I did and I meet a lot of great people. Yeah there where not a lot of girls there when I was there, but that might have changed sence then.
Yeah i plan to get some kind of part time job...how do you like being in the instrumentation field?
Old 07-10-2009 | 08:57 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by TexasOutlaw69Camaro
Yeah i plan to get some kind of part time job...how do you like being in the instrumentation field?
It pays very well.
Old 07-12-2009 | 12:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Graduated from TSTC in '99. It was interesting to say the least. It was worth while to get the degree.

RaveonusT/A was my roommate back then. It was alot of fun riding along in the Dodge Dart racing. For a '70 small block it did pretty well.
Old 07-12-2009 | 01:07 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by after dark
Yeah there where not a lot of girls there when I was there, but that might have changed sence then.

haha nope... still about 100 guys:1 girl
Old 08-04-2009 | 08:43 PM
On The Tree

im about to start my first semester this fall. i got a few buddys up there already. one of them has a black megacab and says he has me lined up to race a few fbodys and stangs so just in case that is any one of you that he talked to....im only stock
Old 08-22-2009 | 03:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

I went to TSTC in Sweetwater for an associates degree in automotive technology. The town sucked and there were no females or parties but the school was actually pretty nice. I had a friend that went to Waco and said the same exact thing about Waco, lol. I wouldn't suggest going for auto tech but it doesn't look like you plan on it anyway.
Old 08-22-2009 | 05:21 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by nightmarechevy
I went to TSTC in Sweetwater for an associates degree in automotive technology. The town sucked and there were no females or parties but the school was actually pretty nice. I had a friend that went to Waco and said the same exact thing about Waco, lol. I wouldn't suggest going for auto tech but it doesn't look like you plan on it anyway.
what up matt