"USAA is after your recession $'s (15% increase) in '09"

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 09:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ehh. my rates are just fine.... pretty sure my coverage of 6 vehicles is cheaper than anyone if i were to shop around.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:23 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive had USAA for the last 5 years and my rates are the same today as they were when I signed up. I like USAA, they are always respectful when I call (live agent 24 hours a day) and provide top notch service. I went with them after I had one of those "$59 down/$59 a month" places in Houston... I got what I paid for there. I've also had Progressive, and while very happy with their services, USAA allows me to combine several different types of accounts (banking, loans, HO ins, Auto ins, etc.) which makes life sooo much easier. Deposit At Home is also an awesome feature (for bank account) that keeps me coming back.

I'll be sticking with USAA thank you very much.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:07 AM
TWS
10 Second Club

I just spoke with USAA. The OP's post is misleading.

What was cited is just a proposal. It does not mean it will be approved and it does not mean that if approved, it will be 15%. Also, if approved it doesn't mean it will affect all locations in Texas or even a majority of locations.

Insurance companies do these all the time. If you looked at the Florida filings you would be overwhelmed. Property insurance companies in FL bombard the state with requests to adjust rates and most are not approved or approved in the original proposed form.

Leaving USAA right now because of the OP's post is like me selling all of my firearms just because Joe Biden is the VP. He hasn't outlawed personal firearms... yet.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:35 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DSIM
Ive had USAA for the last 5 years and my rates are the same today as they were when I signed up. I like USAA, they are always respectful when I call (live agent 24 hours a day) and provide top notch service. I went with them after I had one of those "$59 down/$59 a month" places in Houston... I got what I paid for there. I've also had Progressive, and while very happy with their services, USAA allows me to combine several different types of accounts (banking, loans, HO ins, Auto ins, etc.) which makes life sooo much easier. Deposit At Home is also an awesome feature (for bank account) that keeps me coming back.

I'll be sticking with USAA thank you very much.

I'll give you that. They do have outstanding services. But should I sacrifice more money out of my own pocket for the service they provide in this economy? IDK, if geico has better rates, Im going with them. My insurance has been going up every time I renew my 6 month terms, and Im getting tired of it. We'll see what ends up happening
Old 07-24-2009, 06:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

i had USAA and i moved to another state and my insurance went up 60 bucks a month....WTF!!! ended up goin back to geico with a much better rate than USAA.
Old 07-25-2009, 04:55 PM
Teching In

I've had USAA for 12 years and have never had an issue or a rate increase even with 10 plus claims! im paying $160 a month for a brand new vehicle and a truck with a 0 ded! no one can touch that from what i have found...