My car died, now wont start... Fuel pressure is showing zero... Fuel pump?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 10:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Donohue96M6Z28
What performance shops do you take your cars to in the ATX/SA area? Since the fuel pump install, I had to take my car back 3-4 times
It's been a while since I had a shop work on one of my cars, but the place I plan on having my dyno tune done is Henderson Performance on Loop 337 in New Braunfels. I have gone in there a few times and they are freindly and let me look around and answer my questions. I did not have any work done, I was just getting information about future tuning. They aren't LS1 specific by any means, they work on everything from Ford, Chevy, Dodge to turbo imports and even a fewer rarer cars, but they seemed very knowledgeable about LS cars and I've seen numerous Camaros, Trans-Ams, and Corvettes there and on their dyno. It's closer to San Marcos and I honestly think they will give you a no-BS answer to your questions and fix the problem.

Coming from San Marcoso, go to Loop 337, turn right, continue until you come to see River Rd. There shop is there just before the intersection on the right, next to a Shell gas station. Swing in and check out their place. It's unmarked. It's just a white building with a cargo door in the front next to a regular door.

Here is their website with directions, map, and contact numbers:

http://www.hendersonperformance.com/shop_loc.html

I do not have any afiliation with them and don't profit in any way from recommending them, just a friendly tip.
Old 07-26-2009, 12:19 AM
TECH Junkie

I appreciate the info^^

And guys, I havent got a chance to ask what the problem was... He texted me and said "wiring". That was all, I will give them a call on Monday and find out the details. Either way, something that I forgot to mention...

I had a full tank when I got my car towed down there(I literally drove ~15miles). When I picked it up, it had half a tank. wtf? . Today, while I was filling it back up... I sat in my drivers seat, and out of nowhere I hear the gas overflowing out of the tank. For some reason, the handle didnt stop, and I got gas all over the back fender. aah.

Ryan, I tried calling you a couple months ago. But I wasnt able to get ahold of you, it was shop you used to work at I think(I have 2 numbers for you, not sure which is what though.... I've had the numbers for years. Can you PM me your number?

Also, what fuel pump do you guys recommend for the power my cars putting out? Lethal said a walbro was sufficient. But I'm beginning to hear other wise...
Old 07-26-2009, 01:07 AM
Staging Lane

Im on my 4th fuel pump... they dont like accepting factory new ones, I had to get one from freakin carquest to get it to work.

Quick Reply: My car died, now wont start... Fuel pressure is showing zero... Fuel pump?