If you wanted to complain about a dealership, who would you call?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 10:49 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a horrible, I mean horrible experience at a GM dealership so I called around and filed my long complaint with General Motors directly. They did absolutely nothing.

You're probably wasting your time. I wish I could have shut the place down, but there really wasn't anything else I could do.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:12 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Super-Bat
Quit crying sir. If someone else falls for their crap, that's their own fault.
This attitude is why people are allowed to get away with things like that. Not everyone is as awesomely intelligent as you and wont see thru the smoke and mirrors.

Originally Posted by Stephen@Pavlock
I had a horrible, I mean horrible experience at a GM dealership so I called around and filed my long complaint with General Motors directly. They did absolutely nothing.

You're probably wasting your time. I wish I could have shut the place down, but there really wasn't anything else I could do.
I figured if I could get a hold of somebody at GM here in the states they might care. The guy in India that I talked to called the dealership and asked if they could lower the price, I promptly told him that the price isnt the issue here... its the business practice that is. If not I will be going to the Attorney General.

Ill go ahead and go thru the story so that everyone can see what I saw.

Saturday: Went to the dealership to look at trucks within our price range (about 21k). We have a car that we will be trading in and I told them what KBB said it was worth. The first words out of the salesmans mouth was "Nobody uses KBB in the state of Texas... we use NADA" (more on this in a second). We were told they had one truck under 20 and two others "just over 20k." We looked at the truck, drove the truck, wanted the truck... until they brought the sales quote out and it said the asking price was $26,000 and a total out the door price of 31k (with the 5k we are underwater on with our trade). I promptly asked "this is what 'just over 20k' means?" After that they printed out something that showed the 'value' at $29,900 and said they could get that at auction so no way they were going down on the price... 26,000 or no go... needless to say we were out but rest assured... they would work on it. So we leave, get home and I hit the net. The very same truck was listed at $24,900 online so back I went to the dealership. There they told me that their internet sales guy got fired recently because he was mis-quoting vehicles... but they would still honor the price. I told them that I still needed it to be around that 'just over 20k' that they told me earlier, they said they would work on it. Now back to the KBB reference right quick... I get home and what does my wife show me? A trade in estimate powered by none other than KBB..... on THEIR WEBSITE. It sure is a good thing that nobody uses KBB... Fast forward to yesterday afternoon and they propose that I voluntarily repossess my current car instead of coming down on the price.

All these circumstances piled up and led me to conclude that these guys are out to take as much of your money as possible regardless of how you give it to them, regardless of how something like that would affect your life in the end. So if you think I am being a whiny bitch about this... thats fine. Someday you will get it in the *** because someone decided to do what you suggested and leave it alone.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:18 PM
Staging Lane

I'd just call GHOSTBUSTERS!!!
Old 08-18-2009, 12:21 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by JayBee
I'd just call GHOSTBUSTERS!!!
No way... they'd have to cross the streams and that only works on the big *******.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DSIM
This attitude is why people are allowed to get away with things like that. Not everyone is as awesomely intelligent as you and wont see thru the smoke and mirrors.
Thank you, but... rest assured, more and more people are actually doing research (gasp) before they go in to buy a vehicle.

I figured if I could get a hold of somebody at GM here in the states they might care. The guy in India that I talked to called the dealership and asked if they could lower the price, I promptly told him that the price isnt the issue here... its the business practice that is. If not I will be going to the Attorney General.
No luck on finding the BBB's number? Let me Google that for you!
Ill go ahead and go thru the story so that everyone can see what I saw. *blah blah blah*
All these circumstances piled up and led me to conclude that these guys are out to take as much of your money as possible regardless of how you give it to them, regardless of how something like that would affect your life in the end.
Do realize, you're at a Dealership... plus, everyone's desperate for money nowadays...
So if you think I am being a whiny bitch about this... thats fine.
I do. Get over it already, they are a bad business, we've all experienced them, I've given you the information necessary to report them, do it, and be done. Don't go back, don't recommend anyone else, and let them cry themselves to sleep because they were so mean to you...
Someday you will get it in the *** because someone decided to do what you suggested and leave it alone.
This attitude is why people like me, no longer wish to help "awesomely intelligent" people like you. I offer aide, and you attempt to insult me.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:13 PM
TECH Regular

Thank you, but... rest assured, more and more people are actually doing research (gasp) before they go in to buy a vehicle.
We were not planning on buying the truck that day and we have been looking around for quite sometime. The only reason we went to that particular dealership is because my wife works with a guy whose wife handles the financing and she told us about a ridiculous deal that some guy turned down Thursday.

No luck on finding the BBB's number? Let me Google that for you!
Been there, done that. They are not a member of the BBB and as such I would rather find a good corporate phone number to someone here in the US.

Do realize, you're at a Dealership... plus, everyone's desperate for money nowadays...
Be that as it may, its no excuse for them to suggest that you ruin your credit so they can take home 2k more. I didnt get ripped off here but I am trying to help make sure that someone else doesnt fall into their trap, I guess something like that isnt looked at in the same light anymore. "I've got mine, didnt get screwed, so forget everyone else." Awesome attitude.

I do. Get over it already, they are a bad business, we've all experienced them, I've given you the information necessary to report them, do it, and be done. Don't go back, don't recommend anyone else, and let them cry themselves to sleep because they were so mean to you...
You've given me nothing as I have looked into the BBB already. There is bad business then there are extremely deceptive tactics that promise to ruin the consumer.

This attitude is why people like me, no longer wish to help "awesomely intelligent" people like you. I offer aide, and you attempt to insult me.
'People like me?' You mean people that wont stand for the type of jackassery that this dealership bestows on potential customers? People that actually want some action taken on people using deceptive trade practices? The only aid you offered was an avenue that I had already explored, so you really havent offered anything... have you?
Old 08-18-2009, 01:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

You made a thread...
If you wanted to complain about a dealership, who would you call? Exactly like the title says.
And I answered...
Well, I'd call/contact the BBB.
Been there, done that. They are not a member of the BBB and as such I would rather find a good corporate phone number to someone here in the US.
Orly?... keep reading...
Be that as it may, its no excuse for them to suggest that you ruin your credit so they can take home 2k more. I didnt get ripped off here but I am trying to help make sure that someone else doesnt fall into their trap, I guess something like that isnt looked at in the same light anymore. "I've got mine, didnt get screwed, so forget everyone else." Awesome attitude.
Aren't I helping you now? I didn't get screwed, and now you're asking for help, and I'm assisting you... Way to show appreciation.
You've given me nothing as I have looked into the BBB already. There is bad business then there are extremely deceptive tactics that promise to ruin the consumer.The only aid you offered was an avenue that I had already explored, so you really havent offered anything... have you?
Guess you didn't look hard enough. Google, 2 minutes of my time, and copy/paste skills and I come up with this:
http://www.bbb.org/dallas/business-r...le-tx-90121070
Not a member huh? You don't have to be a "member" to have a complaint filed against you...
Thanks for playing though.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:34 PM
TECH Regular

You made a thread...

And I answered...
Well, I'd call/contact the BBB.

Orly?... keep reading...

Aren't I helping you now? I didn't get screwed, and now you're asking for help, and I'm assisting you... Way to show appreciation.
No, you arent helping... you are being an ***.

Guess you didn't look hard enough. Google, 2 minutes of my time, and copy/paste skills and I come up with this:
http://www.bbb.org/dallas/business-r...le-tx-90121070
Not a member huh? You don't have to be a "member" to have a complaint filed against you...
Thanks for playing though.
Yes, I did see that... 3 days ago when I initially looked at the BBB's site. A non-member of the BBB is under no obligation to give any kind of resolution. They are required, however, to give some sort of resolution to... oh... I dont know... GM, or the Texas Attorney General.

Well this is going nowhere fast, I guess this is the end of this thread.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Sorry. Had to post it.

Old 08-18-2009, 02:31 PM
Banned

I needed them to move a couple thousand as well. I just left, I know someone else will get it done. You do kind of come off like a little girl, I mean just forget about it, another dealership will get it done for you if you just keep looking.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:41 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by -Ross-
Sorry. Had to post it.
wambulance.jpg
Originally Posted by DeerHunter_Z28
I needed them to move a couple thousand as well. I just left, I know someone else will get it done. You do kind of come off like a little girl, I mean just forget about it, another dealership will get it done for you if you just keep looking.
I understand where people could see it in that light, I just have a problem with people (sales people) acting like that with -0- regard for the other side... thats just how I was brought up. I, too, know that someone else will get it done. I went to 3 dealerships that day and every single one of them pissed me off with the treatment (1 Chevy dealer, 1 Pontiac/GMC dealer, 1 Ford dealer... the 'best' out of the 3 was the Ford dealership). All I wanted was a phone number to someone that would make the dealership sweat... a lot. GM's customer service # in the initial post wasnt the right place... obviously... and it made me even angrier with GM's current financial situation and how they are still mistreating potential customers (and get away with it... even when corporate gets involved).
Old 08-18-2009, 09:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Im not so sure the owner cares.
If he/she doesn't, then you are pretty much SOL if the BBB route is not good enough for you.

Like I said, I seriously doubt GM is interested in the way their used vehicles are being sold. Also, since there is nothing on paper regarding this, it is their word against yours and that's not necessarily anything much.

Good luck anyway.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:43 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Texfinn
Like I said, I seriously doubt GM is interested in the way their used vehicles are being sold. Also, since there is nothing on paper regarding this, it is their word against yours and that's not necessarily anything much.
Well, I do have a printout of the 24k truck price. Oh, and a day after they changed it online to 26,900 they lowered it down to 25,636...
Old 08-19-2009, 09:43 AM
Launching!

No, you arent helping... you are being an ***.
exactly.

Originally Posted by DeerHunter_Z28
no, he's doing the right thing. he might come off as maybe being whiney, but someone needs to take a stand against these guys. I totally disagree with the view of the people that get screwed deserve it for being "so dumb and not researching". you shouldn't have to walk into any business with your "guns loaded" so to speak just go make sure you don't get raped on your deal.

good luck DSIM, I hope you get something accomplished, and I hope more people follow your lead and at least stand for something. jeez

kudos to you, sir
Old 08-19-2009, 09:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by rooster99ss
I totally disagree with the view of the people that get screwed deserve it for being "so dumb and not researching".
Who said that? Don't quote things that don't exist sir.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:03 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by rooster99ss
exactly.

no, he's doing the right thing. he might come off as maybe being whiney, but someone needs to take a stand against these guys. I totally disagree with the view of the people that get screwed deserve it for being "so dumb and not researching". you shouldn't have to walk into any business with your "guns loaded" so to speak just go make sure you don't get raped on your deal.

good luck DSIM, I hope you get something accomplished, and I hope more people follow your lead and at least stand for something. jeez

kudos to you, sir
Agreed.

I too commend your actions on standing up for what is right and the length you are going to in order to stop these crooks. We need more people like you in our society, and less like Super-bat

Last edited by LS1Fury!; 08-19-2009 at 10:08 AM.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Well, I do have a printout of the 24k truck price. Oh, and a day after they changed it online to 26,900 they lowered it down to 25,636...
No dealer really uses KBB, KBB is based on retail price not auction price. Some dealers use "Black Book" and some use NADA, each come out with a new book every 2 weeks do to the change in market price at auction. Plus with you being 5K upside down trying to buy a used truck....Good luck in this market, we have over 20 different lenders at our dealership and none will over allow 5K unless your putting down that 5k.

Oh and Chevy dealers websites are controlled by GM not the dealer, GM tells them they have to use KBB. Just to help u get some facts straight.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:22 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Ravenous T\A
No dealer really uses KBB, KBB is based on retail price not auction price. Some dealers use "Black Book" and some use NADA, each come out with a new book every 2 weeks do to the change in market price at auction. Plus with you being 5K upside down trying to buy a used truck....Good luck in this market, we have over 20 different lenders at our dealership and none will over allow 5K unless your putting down that 5k.

Oh and Chevy dealers websites are controlled by GM not the dealer, GM tells them they have to use KBB. Just to help u get some facts straight.
I completely understand the whole 5k thing which is why we will be looking at new trucks in the coming weeks (there is a dealership out this way that has brand new 2009 Ram 1500's optioned like we want for 22-25k) trying to roll that negative equity into that. Another option we are looking at is dropping the Extended Warranty to drop the amount owed down a few thousand.

Thanks for the tips, I will pass them along to my wife when I get home tonight.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:34 PM
TECH Junkie

I think this is why that dealer told u to let the truck go back, it take a bit before it hits your credit, can u imagine some people will take this option? But i guess if someone is desperate enough to get a newer vehicle they will do it.

The warranty may only get u some money, they take into consideration how many miles and how much u have paid towards it. Its an option but fair warning to not expect much.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:37 PM
TECH Junkie

I completely understand the whole 5k thing which is why we will be looking at new trucks in the coming weeks (there is a dealership out this way that has brand new 2009 Ram 1500's optioned like we want for 22-25k) trying to roll that negative equity into that. Another option we are looking at is dropping the Extended Warranty to drop the amount owed down a few thousand.

Thanks for the tips, I will pass them along to my wife when I get home tonight.
Another warning is that Dodges do not hold there value well, especially since this last crash in the market, so next time u go to trade that Dodge in you maybe further in the hole since your rolling over negative equity. I'd save up and try and have enough down to absorb that negative amount.