If you wanted to complain about a dealership, who would you call?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 04:47 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ravenous T\A
I think this is why that dealer told u to let the truck go back, it take a bit before it hits your credit, can u imagine some people will take this option? But i guess if someone is desperate enough to get a newer vehicle they will do it.

The warranty may only get u some money, they take into consideration how many miles and how much u have paid towards it. Its an option but fair warning to not expect much.
The warranty will expire in ~8000 miles (only good till 100k) but we will be continuing to pay the extra $80/month that it cost us until its (van) paid off.

Another warning is that Dodges do not hold there value well, especially since this last crash in the market, so next time u go to trade that Dodge in you maybe further in the hole since your rolling over negative equity. I'd save up and try and have enough down to absorb that negative amount.
We really arent concerned about that (I know we should be) but we expect to be holding on to this one for quite sometime (that and the unlimited powertrain warranty is VERY attractive... especially with how I like to drive trucks ). We arent the type of people that have to have a car every few years. Or only real motivation for getting rid of what we currently have is because the warranty is about to be out the door (and in the last 3 months we have had the transmission, water pump, radiator and right-front strut/axle seal replaced). If it werent for that we wouldnt be getting rid of it as, unfortunate as it is, the minivan is just too damn practical.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:50 PM
TECH Junkie

remember to read the rules on the lifetime powertrain warranty, it aint no walk in the park
Old 08-19-2009, 04:52 PM
TECH Regular

remember to read the rules on the lifetime powertrain warranty, it aint no walk in the park
I will definitely do that should we sit down and decide to purchase. I am guessing that you have looked into it a little, is it any different than Chevy's 5 year/60,000 or Fords 5 year/50,000 warranty? Thanks again for the tip!
Old 08-19-2009, 05:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LS1Fury!
Agreed.

I too commend your actions on standing up for what is right and the length you are going to in order to stop these crooks. We need more people like you in our society, and less like Super-bat
Just curious as to exactly what kind of person I really am...
Old 08-19-2009, 07:40 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by DSIM
This attitude is why people are allowed to get away with things like that. Not everyone is as awesomely intelligent as you and wont see thru the smoke and mirrors.
Originally Posted by Super-Bat
Thank you, but... rest assured, more and more people are actually doing research (gasp) before they go in to buy a vehicle.
Who said that? Don't quote things that don't exist sir.
I did read the thread, thank you. Although I never quoted you anyway, I think what I said was pretty close to what you were getting at

Just curious as to exactly what kind of person I really am...
I'm guessing a young punk kid on teh interwebz
Old 08-20-2009, 06:52 AM
TECH Regular

Please dont turn this into some e-thug pissing contest.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

So did you ever get anything resolved? What all have you done?
Old 08-20-2009, 02:37 PM
TECH Regular

The wife of the guy that my wife works with is supposed to be talking to some people there at the dealership (she is the financing manager there) and getting back to us. I will escalate it as I see fit depending on what she says if she even gets back to me...
Old 08-20-2009, 05:56 PM
TECH Addict

Just a wild idea, go down the road and dont buy a car from them. Let it go. Things like this have a way of working out. If this is the way they do business, then they wont be doing it for long.
Old 08-20-2009, 06:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Cam72aro
Just a wild idea, go down the road and dont buy a car from them. Let it go. Things like this have a way of working out. If this is the way they do business, then they wont be doing it for long.
Agreed.
I like how some of the members here have are "commending" you on "how far you've taken this". Seems to me... you're just playing the waiting game, and expecting someone else to fix this problem.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:26 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Cam72aro
In a big city... that may work but not when you are the only chevy dealer in town.

Agreed.
I like how some of the members here have are "commending" you on "how far you've taken this". Seems to me... you're just playing the waiting game, and expecting someone else to fix this problem.
You might want to trade that crystal ball in as it seems to be failing you. Letter to Texas Attorney General going out today.