Worlds Quickest and Fastest 2010 Camaro!

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 08:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 112 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam88Gta1
We ran 10.2's and 137.9 mph on a itty bitty 26" tall 8" wide Drag Radial.
I don't have a dog in this fight, just provided a link to keep the topic alive, informed, and interesting. Since you mention it --- That's STILL not trapping 139 now is it?
Old 11-24-2009, 08:57 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jmilz28
I don't have a dog in this fight, just provided a link to keep the topic alive, informed, and interesting. Since you mention it --- That's STILL not trapping 139 now is it?
looks like the end result is the time elapsed at the end of the track,not the MPH at the end of the track.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:19 PM
Staging Lane

Thats gonna be SWEET!
Old 11-24-2009, 10:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

No its not.
But thats still not running a 10.28 is it?
Old 11-25-2009, 12:12 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Sam88Gta1
No its not.
But thats still not running a 10.28 is it?
Nope. That's precisely why I hit on the distinction between the quickest and fastest. Quickest is ET, fastest is MPH. For the moment, looks like no one gets both. Absolute fact.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:19 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by mred
looks like the end result is the time elapsed at the end of the track,not the MPH at the end of the track.
Quickest is getting from point A to point B in the shortest time, while fastest indicates highest speed achieved. Both the topic of this thread and TINKRD make the correct distinction between quickest and fastest. In a race, quickest is more important and determines the winner. However, faster MPH indicates more power and the potential for quicker if properly setup and well-driven. I'm certain you knew all of that.
Old 11-25-2009, 09:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why compare the 2 car's? One is a stock motor with cam and spray, the other is a built 427 car with a prochager.

LMR's car will run the number, as of now there's no time slip to prove the et or mph. Just a N/T video So, with that being said..........sig check
Old 11-26-2009, 01:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by OrangeChevyII
Why compare the 2 car's? One is a stock motor with cam and spray, the other is a built 427 car with a prochager.

LMR's car will run the number, as of now there's no time slip to prove the et or mph. Just a N/T video So, with that being said..........sig check
I concur!
Old 11-27-2009, 05:10 PM
Banned

Quickest is getting from point A to point B in the shortest time
you said it yourself....
little secretVVVVVVVVVVV
Old 11-27-2009, 08:44 PM
TECH Addict

<-----------------

Just waiting

Why dont you make the trip to San Antonio tomorrow and we would be glad to line them up to see who has the worlds quickest and fastest 2010 camaro.
Old 11-27-2009, 09:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Worm Boy
Why dont you make the trip to San Antonio tomorrow and we would be glad to line them up to see who has the worlds quickest and fastest 2010 camaro.
Ladies and Gentlemen that's a CALL OUT right there...
Old 11-27-2009, 09:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Worm Boy
Why not make the trip up here and run in my air? I dont mind going down there and running faster. Holiday weekend but I damn sure dont mind making the trip if you wanna stay in your neck of the woods next weekend. Do you think the 427 can handle the 377?
My track is open on Sunday's from 12-6.....www.dallasraceway.com
I can reserve a spot just for this race.
I've been waiting on somebody to catch up, Lets set this up.
Old 11-27-2009, 10:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

itz on like donkey kong
Old 11-27-2009, 11:08 PM
LS7 Member

LOL @ stock motor gas vs built big cube s/c callout. Is the LMR car an auto as well?

/sounds like fun times
Old 11-28-2009, 02:55 AM
8 Second Club

Wow! What do we have going on here?
Old 11-28-2009, 05:35 AM
Banned

my **** is bigger......

ha ha, no but seriously how much money is under the hood in the lmr car?

now, how much under the hood of orange chevy II?

hmm..... lets just say 30,000 compared to 3,000..... thats 10x the amount of money in a car that "might" beat it..... maybe already has in the n/t run but damn i hope so it took em over 10x the amount of money to get it, probably more than that..... i come from a banking background and look at numbers all day and i would say thats a bad investment for the 1/4 times that its running compared to a stock car with a cam and spray

i know the old "run what you brung" saying around racing but if that were true then bill gates would rape us all at the track.....

there has to be a limit somewhere.......

guys like us enjoy working on em'... helping friends with their cars..... trying to run a certain time you set as a goal then once you reach it your only happy for 15 minutes then you try to figure out how to go faster...... pulling an all nighter trying to get the car together for the weekend..... all the normal stuff that goes with the love of hot rodding

and whoever has the deepest pockets can have ZERO interest in cars and ZERO love for this stuff that we do...... and all he has to say is "here's a check, build me the fastest car and be sure that i win it"

i dont know the guy so i cant speak for him, but im sure there are plenty of very rich people out there that are scared to get their hands dirty or scared to get dirty by laying on the floor under the car..... so they just say here hot rod shop build me the fastest one and here's a check......

i have more respect for the average joes that love this hobby and enjoys getting dirty for the sake of an lsx.....
Old 11-28-2009, 07:51 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ruthless Robbie
my **** is bigger......

hmm..... lets just say 30,000 compared to 3,000..... thats 10x the amount of money in a car that "might" beat it..... maybe already has in the n/t run but damn i hope so it took em over 10x the amount of money to get it, probably more than that..... i come from a banking background and look at numbers all day and i would say thats a bad investment for the 1/4 times that its running compared to a stock car with a cam and spray

i know the old "run what you brung" saying around racing but if that were true then bill gates would rape us all at the track.....

guys like us enjoy working on em'... helping friends with their cars..... trying to run a certain time you set as a goal then once you reach it your only happy for 15 minutes then you try to figure out how to go faster...... pulling an all nighter trying to get the car together for the weekend..... all the normal stuff that goes with the love of hot rodding

and whoever has the deepest pockets can have ZERO interest in cars and ZERO love for this stuff that we do...... and all he has to say is "here's a check, build me the fastest car and be sure that i win it"

i dont know the guy so i cant speak for him, but im sure there are plenty of very rich people out there that are scared to get their hands dirty or scared to get dirty by laying on the floor under the car..... so they just say here hot rod shop build me the fastest one and here's a check......

i have more respect for the average joes that love this hobby and enjoys getting dirty for the sake of an lsx.....
Very Well Said!
Old 11-28-2009, 08:38 AM
RCC
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Ruthless Robbie
my **** is bigger......

Spoken like a true douche bag. Who cares how much money each car has in it? The orangechevyII car is fast and he has raised the bar for 2010's time and time again. Your argument is full of fail. Just because the guy with the LMR car decided to build the car for power from the start makes him less of a car guy? The LMR car has been built to go racing, be reliable, and have minimum breakage. So yes the LMR car has had some money spent on it, but whats cheaper in the long run? The LMR car has a built motor and procharger- the current fastest car has a stock motor and nitrous- which one will be replacing bottles every time they go to the track and which one will be eventually replacing a motor? Any car that is raced will have alot of money spent on it, you can either spend alot up front and spend it over time repairing broken parts-some of us want it done right the first time and dont want to worry about whats fixing to break.I personally know the owner of the LMR camaro. He works his *** off and wanted to build the best camaro he could. I would say hes more of a car guy than you, hes actually built a car that is fast, what have you done? Bitch about people that work hard for their money and want cars that reflect that?

The short and sweet of it is I dont know who will be the fastest 2010 camaro and I really dont care, just as long as people are out there doing it is all that matters. Slamming a car/owner over how much money is spent is retarded. Any car that stays in the game eventually has alot of money spent on it.
Old 11-28-2009, 08:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by RCC
Spoken like a true douche bag. Who cares how much money each car has in it? The orangechevyII car is fast and he has raised the bar for 2010's time and time again. Your argument is full of fail. Just because the guy with the LMR car decided to build the car for power from the start makes him less of a car guy? The LMR car has been built to go racing, be reliable, and have minimum breakage. So yes the LMR car has had some money spent on it, but whats cheaper in the long run? The LMR car has a built motor and procharger- the current fastest car has a stock motor and nitrous- which one will be replacing bottles every time they go to the track and which one will be eventually replacing a motor? Any car that is raced will have alot of money spent on it, you can either spend alot up front and spend it over time repairing broken parts-some of us want it done right the first time and dont want to worry about whats fixing to break.I personally know the owner of the LMR camaro. He works his *** off and wanted to build the best camaro he could. I would say hes more of a car guy than you, hes actually built a car that is fast, what have you done? Bitch about people that work hard for their money and want cars that reflect that?

The short and sweet of it is I dont know who will be the fastest 2010 camaro and I really dont care, just as long as people are out there doing it is all that matters. Slamming a car/owner over how much money is spent is retarded. Any car that stays in the game eventually has alot of money spent on it.
True Statement!!! some people make more money than others, so there for dont have the time to build what they want. So they have a shop do it. Theres nothing wrong with that...
Ruthless Robbie dont you have some deposits to enter....
Old 11-28-2009, 09:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RCC

i think the main point is it's more impressive doing it better w/ less....

which is more impressive? Hank Aaron's record or Barry Bonds record? one did it w/ less, while the other had to be all roided out...

if the race goes down in Dallas, i'll be there to watch

Quick Reply: Worlds Quickest and Fastest 2010 Camaro!