Worlds Quickest and Fastest 2010 Camaro!

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2009, 09:28 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone know how much time each car has spent at the track dialing in?
Old 11-28-2009, 09:31 AM
8 Sec Tuner

Originally Posted by RCC
Spoken like a true douche bag. Who cares how much money each car has in it? The orangechevyII car is fast and he has raised the bar for 2010's time and time again. Your argument is full of fail. Just because the guy with the LMR car decided to build the car for power from the start makes him less of a car guy? The LMR car has been built to go racing, be reliable, and have minimum breakage. So yes the LMR car has had some money spent on it, but whats cheaper in the long run? The LMR car has a built motor and procharger- the current fastest car has a stock motor and nitrous- which one will be replacing bottles every time they go to the track and which one will be eventually replacing a motor? Any car that is raced will have alot of money spent on it, you can either spend alot up front and spend it over time repairing broken parts-some of us want it done right the first time and dont want to worry about whats fixing to break.I personally know the owner of the LMR camaro. He works his *** off and wanted to build the best camaro he could. I would say hes more of a car guy than you, hes actually built a car that is fast, what have you done? Bitch about people that work hard for their money and want cars that reflect that?

The short and sweet of it is I dont know who will be the fastest 2010 camaro and I really dont care, just as long as people are out there doing it is all that matters. Slamming a car/owner over how much money is spent is retarded. Any car that stays in the game eventually has alot of money spent on it.
Speaking of car guys.

When are you going to run your car?
Old 11-28-2009, 10:33 AM
RCC
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Mike TexaSS
Speaking of car guys.

When are you going to run your car?
I dont really know right now. I have been enjoying driving the car on the street here lately as it took along time to get it together. I am limited running most tracks as the car isnt completely legal, but Im sure LMR will do another track rental soon so we can get some more numbers. My car will not beat the record set by Frans car, it will definately run bottom 9's, I cant see it getting in the 8's. I originally wanted to go for the C6 record, but came to the conclusion that someone somewhere will always be faster, and I dont want to destroy a car trying to get to the top and staying there. I have what I wanted- a 1000hp street car that can be driven anywhere.
Old 11-28-2009, 10:56 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Ruthless Robbie
my **** is bigger......

ha ha, no but seriously how much money is under the hood in the lmr car?

now, how much under the hood of orange chevy II?

hmm..... lets just say 30,000 compared to 3,000..... thats 10x the amount of money in a car that "might" beat it..... maybe already has in the n/t run but damn i hope so it took em over 10x the amount of money to get it, probably more than that..... i come from a banking background and look at numbers all day and i would say thats a bad investment for the 1/4 times that its running compared to a stock car with a cam and spray

i know the old "run what you brung" saying around racing but if that were true then bill gates would rape us all at the track.....

there has to be a limit somewhere.......

guys like us enjoy working on em'... helping friends with their cars..... trying to run a certain time you set as a goal then once you reach it your only happy for 15 minutes then you try to figure out how to go faster...... pulling an all nighter trying to get the car together for the weekend..... all the normal stuff that goes with the love of hot rodding

and whoever has the deepest pockets can have ZERO interest in cars and ZERO love for this stuff that we do...... and all he has to say is "here's a check, build me the fastest car and be sure that i win it"

i dont know the guy so i cant speak for him, but im sure there are plenty of very rich people out there that are scared to get their hands dirty or scared to get dirty by laying on the floor under the car..... so they just say here hot rod shop build me the fastest one and here's a check......

i have more respect for the average joes that love this hobby and enjoys getting dirty for the sake of an lsx.....
So with your statements you are implying that just because a shop built a car means the car owner isn't a car guy? Im confused then!!! So since the engineers at GM designed and created the ZR1 for the public to purchase we are not car guys. R&D has alot of time and money spent on it so the public can have a better foundation to start with. What about the Cobra/Viper/GT-500/Lambo owners, are they not car guys either because they didn't build those cars. Wake up, this isnt your grandma's 60's engines where you can change heads and cam in 2 hrs, these are hi tech cars that really need the right people working on them.

And your statement about Bill Gates might be true about the money, but I can gaurantee you he would never have anything that would remotely run with "The Sarge", just ask A. Johnson.
Old 11-28-2009, 11:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

my **** is bigger......
ha ha, no but seriously how much money is under the hood in the lmr car?
now, how much under the hood of orange chevy II?
hmm..... lets just say 30,000 compared to 3,000..... thats 10x the amount of money in a car that "might" beat it..... maybe already has in the n/t run but damn i hope so it took em over 10x the amount of money to get it, probably more than that..... i come from a banking background and look at numbers all day and i would say thats a bad investment for the 1/4 times that its running compared to a stock car with a cam and spray
i know the old "run what you brung" saying around racing but if that were true then bill gates would rape us all at the track.....
here has to be a limit somewhere.......
guys like us enjoy working on em'... helping friends with their cars..... trying to run a certain time you set as a goal then once you reach it your only happy for 15 minutes then you try to figure out how to go faster...... pulling an all nighter trying to get the car together for the weekend..... all the normal stuff that goes with the love of hot rodding
and whoever has the deepest pockets can have ZERO interest in cars and ZERO love for this stuff that we do...... and all he has to say is "here's a check, build me the fastest car and be sure that i win it"
i dont know the guy so i cant speak for him, but im sure there are plenty of very rich people out there that are scared to get their hands dirty or scared to get dirty by laying on the floor under the car..... so they just say here hot rod shop build me the fastest one and here's a check......
i have more respect for the average joes that love this hobby and enjoys getting dirty for the sake of an lsx.....
Get off the internet and go find a ******* job. Dont mess up a good thread with your bullshit. We have a friendly race going and dont need you making it personal because of your opinion.
Old 11-28-2009, 12:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Back to the subject.....how about that race?

We have other prior obligations this next week on Friday and Saturday (rip Saladbar), we are free Sunday the 6th or the next weekend.
Old 11-28-2009, 01:59 PM
10 Second Club

I think they should just run and get it over with.
Old 11-28-2009, 03:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TINKRD
i think the main point is it's more impressive doing it better w/ less....

which is more impressive? Hank Aaron's record or Barry Bonds record? one did it w/ less, while the other had to be all roided out...
pretty much what i meant..... some people dont read everything in a post before they reply to it...... i said i dont know the lmr car owner so im not speaking about him.....

and the excuse that rich people work all the time so they dont have time to work on their cars like true enthusiast do so they just give a shop a check for it, thats the dumbest reply i have ever heard...... 99.9% of the time the richer you are the less you work...... if you call golfing with corporate friends working then they do work as much as the guy at the bottom of their company..... but we know thats not real work

example: 2 guys wanna see who has the fastest vette

1 guys rich so he just buys a new zr1 $110,000 ......... 638hp

the other guy buys a base model for $46,000 then adds $12,000 worth of mods and lays down........... 650rwhp

i have more respect for the car that cost half as much...... yeah the zr1 has the wow factor but at the end of the day they are both vette's and they run about the same 1/4 time
Old 11-28-2009, 03:40 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Sam88Gta1
Get off the internet and go find a ******* job. Dont mess up a good thread with your bullshit. We have a friendly race going and dont need you making it personal because of your opinion.
Get off the internet and come tune my car sucka! lol
Old 11-28-2009, 03:42 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by OrangeChevyII
Back to the subject.....how about that race?

We have other prior obligations this next week on Friday and Saturday (rip Saladbar), we are free Sunday the 6th or the next weekend.

Lets go to houston!

Bryan Pomeroy
Old 11-28-2009, 06:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

the other guy buys a base model for $46,000 then adds $12,000 worth of mods and lays down........... 650rwhp

i have more respect for the car that cost half as much...... yeah the zr1 has the wow factor but at the end of the day they are both vette's and they run about the same 1/4 time
but one stops faster,handle better, drives better, is more reliable, and has a warranty all from the factory, and not every average joe has one. just like a ferrari yeah its a shitload more than a c6 modded to hell but in the long run your a fool for not wanting the ferrari
Old 11-28-2009, 06:50 PM
On The Tree

pretty much what i meant..... some people dont read everything in a post before they reply to it...... i said i dont know the lmr car owner so im not speaking about him.....

and the excuse that rich people work all the time so they dont have time to work on their cars like true enthusiast do so they just give a shop a check for it, thats the dumbest reply i have ever heard...... 99.9% of the time the richer you are the less you work...... if you call golfing with corporate friends working then they do work as much as the guy at the bottom of their company..... but we know thats not real work

Some were not blessed with the ability to work on cars, just like some were not blessed with the ability to make a lot of money. In the end, who cares...you're not going to take either with you. So have fun while you can, whether you can turn a wrench or write a check.

John
Old 11-28-2009, 08:22 PM
On The Tree

Keyboard warrior, just because I have a ZR1 doesn't mean I don't work or know how to wrench on cars. I can work on cars with no problem but there are some things you let the experts handle.

And by the way the ZR1 was 118k not 110k and I haven't played golf in 6 month's because I have been to busy working.
Old 11-29-2009, 08:47 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by RCC
Spoken like a true douche bag. Who cares how much money each car has in it? The orangechevyII car is fast and he has raised the bar for 2010's time and time again. Your argument is full of fail. Just because the guy with the LMR car decided to build the car for power from the start makes him less of a car guy? The LMR car has been built to go racing, be reliable, and have minimum breakage. So yes the LMR car has had some money spent on it, but whats cheaper in the long run? The LMR car has a built motor and procharger- the current fastest car has a stock motor and nitrous- which one will be replacing bottles every time they go to the track and which one will be eventually replacing a motor? Any car that is raced will have alot of money spent on it, you can either spend alot up front and spend it over time repairing broken parts-some of us want it done right the first time and dont want to worry about whats fixing to break.I personally know the owner of the LMR camaro. He works his *** off and wanted to build the best camaro he could. I would say hes more of a car guy than you, hes actually built a car that is fast, what have you done? Bitch about people that work hard for their money and want cars that reflect that?

The short and sweet of it is I dont know who will be the fastest 2010 camaro and I really dont care, just as long as people are out there doing it is all that matters. Slamming a car/owner over how much money is spent is retarded. Any car that stays in the game eventually has alot of money spent on it.
The bottom line on how much is in each car is this....PROFIT! A shop cant make as much profit with a 3,000 setup like OCII's vs Mr Money Bags that should have ran a number first time out but didnt. I hear all the butt hurt folks crying about "who cares how much money is in this car?" as if it makes you feel good about spending that much money when you have the Joe Schmoes of racing 101 over here wiping your *** with a lowly setup. Thats what the humor is about. Nothing more, nothing less.
Old 11-29-2009, 10:03 AM
RCC
On The Tree

Originally Posted by HuMi
The bottom line on how much is in each car is this....PROFIT! A shop cant make as much profit with a 3,000 setup like OCII's vs Mr Money Bags that should have ran a number first time out but didnt. I hear all the butt hurt folks crying about "who cares how much money is in this car?" as if it makes you feel good about spending that much money when you have the Joe Schmoes of racing 101 over here wiping your *** with a lowly setup. Thats what the humor is about. Nothing more, nothing less.

Did you and Ruthless Robbie graduate from the same school? Who's acting butthurt here? You and RR are the only 2 who posted negatively. I dont usually post much on this board because its hard to argue with ignorance.

I would like to make a few observations based on your remarks, this is not directed at OCII or the LMR car, this is for you.

You comment about shops and profit, ask any shop what would they rather install cam/nitrous kits/bolt ons or new motor/procharger builds. I am willing to bet any shop would take the bolt on/nitrous installs any day of the week. Do you have any idea of the problems or failures that can occur with doing big builds or the time it takes to get them done? You could do 20 cam installs/nitrous installs in the time it takes to build the LMR car. So the profit is definately in doing the smaller $3000.00 jobs.

You and RR both keep kicking the dead horse about the price differences between the cars. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to see the difference. Yes OCII has spent less money and went faster to date and I applaud him for doing it. Do you think he is done spending money on his car? Whats the difference in spending alot of money up front or spending alot of money over time- there is no difference, any car that is ran competively is going to have alot of money spent on it.

On the topic of the LMR car not running the number the first time. What car with that amount of work has ever turned a number the first time out? There is a huge difference in maximizing a basically stock configuration(OCII) and getting a new untested build in a new untested platform to work(LMR).

Like I said before I dont care who wins, I think both parties involved are badass's for stepping up and trying to make these 4000lb cars haul ***. I cant stand the fact that anytime someone builds a nice car, they get flamed because they spent some money on it.

OrangeChevyII, dont take any of this as a slam on you. Yes I am friends with the LMR guys, you set the bar for the 5th gens and Im looking forward to the seeing the race.
Old 11-29-2009, 10:40 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by RCC
Did you and Ruthless Robbie graduate from the same school? Who's acting butthurt here? You and RR are the only 2 who posted negatively. I dont usually post much on this board because its hard to argue with ignorance.
You hit the nail on the head with, "hard to argue with ignorance".
Old 11-29-2009, 10:41 AM
On The Tree

RC, I wouldn't worry too much about HuMi looks like he just registered at the demands of RR because his butt was getting hurt. It is always funny how the new registered users always want to get their negativity in. For all we know, RR could be HuMi....
Old 11-29-2009, 11:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't like to talk about money, it's not anyones buisness but yours. Were car guys, we like to go fast just as much as the next guy. I've built a few cars, I know what it's like to drop 30,000 and go fast. I'm enjoying making the stock stuff work because it's working well, end of story.

How about the race?
Old 11-29-2009, 11:56 AM
10 Second Club

Default Hey, LMR... after you run the stock motor camaro you have another call out!

Mike Kelly who has a small cube turbo mustang says he will run any LSX camaro or trans-am (torque arm car) for 5k..... locked in! Call him out on DFW Stangs if you want the race.

I think he might go 4.90's on his best pass (wick turned up!)

Good luck!
Old 11-29-2009, 11:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WizeAss
Mike Kelly who has a small cube turbo mustang says he will run any LSX camaro or trans-am (torque arm car) for 5k..... locked in! Call him out on DFW Stangs if you want the race.

I think he might go 4.90's on his best pass (wick turned up!)

Good luck!
thats it

Quick Reply: Worlds Quickest and Fastest 2010 Camaro!