WTF Romo!?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 09:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ProStreet_632
The problem here is that if you take the Star off of the helmet, they would play like a team and not as individuals. That's been their problem ever since they won their last Superbowl. And to answer ur question, the rest of the team can't stand up to the best, that has already been proven. Romo is part of the problem, but the defense seems to be suspect on any given game day. Does Ware even have a sack in 4 games this year? If he is contributing they have no chance at all.
I don't want to bench race football, but... The Giants, and the Broncos are having good seasons so far. The Cowboys had some pretty close games for having a QB to play so badly. I think that says what the Cowboys would be capable of with a decent QB.
Old 10-04-2009, 09:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TXZ28LS1
oh really? what about that protection blind side which gave the broncos damn good field position? 4 sacks isnt good protection at all..
I will give you that. But, there were more than a couple of plays where Romo had all day to throw the ball to wide open receivers.
Old 10-04-2009, 09:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Juicy J
I will give you that. But, there were more than a couple of plays where Romo had all day to throw the ball to wide open receivers.

they should have never gone away from the running game!! where the f*ck was barber? and i think romo isnt comfortable with his receivers.. not making excuses but ****, he timing with his receivers was off going back to the tampa game..
Old 10-04-2009, 10:20 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmmmmmmmmmm it just got to the point to where i dont watch the cowboys anymore. lol i was so ******* pissed today **** , im surprised he hasnt been let go yet. maybe he will do better next game.

ive been saying that **** for the longest. everytime is see him throw a interception or a **** up. i just want to slam my head into the wall.
Old 10-04-2009, 10:32 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TXZ28LS1
oh really? what about that protection blind side which gave the broncos damn good field position? 4 sacks isnt good protection at all..

the cowboys got away from the running game? and where the hell was barber? after scoring the first TD he never played another down?

that was pretty shitty play calling down there in the goal line? thats where you hand off to barber.. or look for witten.. but damn 2 straight throws to sam hurd.. r u serious?
I agree where was barber??? And the play calling i think is a big problem with the offense! oh and it was 5 sacks!
Romo def isnt as good with the recievers he has now as when he had T.O. Ya T.O had the media bs goin and some dropped passes but romo and T.O had the most TD's of any other QB/WR combo and Im not just saying that it's a fact!

Last edited by SIC GTO; 10-04-2009 at 10:38 PM.
Old 10-04-2009, 10:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Im sticking with my boys no matter what. I will hold my head in shame because we lost but wait till next week
Old 10-04-2009, 10:44 PM
Staging Lane

romo ******* sucks
Old 10-04-2009, 10:58 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Charlay
Im sticking with my boys no matter what. I will hold my head in shame because we lost but wait till next week
As will I my friend! It's only the beginning it's not like they're 0-4 or 1-3 oh and denver is now the #1 spot in the NFL lol
GO COWBOYS!!!!!!
Old 10-04-2009, 11:07 PM
TECH Junkie

lolz... once again everyones gonna be on Homos nuts after next weeks BS game
Old 10-04-2009, 11:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SIC GTO
I agree where was barber??? And the play calling i think is a big problem with the offense! oh and it was 5 sacks!
Romo def isnt as good with the recievers he has now as when he had T.O. Ya T.O had the media bs goin and some dropped passes but romo and T.O had the most TD's of any other QB/WR combo and Im not just saying that it's a fact!
Actually I think that record was set by Tom Brady and Randy Moss.

"Brady and receiver Randy Moss set an NFL single-season record in 2007 for most touchdown passes between a passer and a receiver (23), with Moss's 23 touchdown catches also setting a league record."

Life time is Marvin Harrison and Peyton. I know you said it's not a fact, just had to put the right info out there.

The problem with the cowboys is that their only strong point is running the ball which they don't do when needed. Considering how Barber and F. Jones are always somewhat injured I don't blame them. Also, Roy Williams is far from a number 1 WR threat in the NFL. He never fights for the ball and stops his routes early when he gets beat. Why they paid big bucks for the #2 receiver from the Lions is beyond me. Today Brandon Marshall showed what a #1 receiver needs to do. Get a shitty throw from Orton and make a play.

I truely doubt it's the coaches fault, Romo was just not on the same page as his receivers, plus his mobility has gone out the window.

As for my self, being from Jersey, Gmen are 4-0.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

our WRs suck dick

good thing the team chemistry is good though
Old 10-05-2009, 01:03 AM
Teching In

TXZ28LS1 i know its hard to look at your team without bias but get real man. Lets start with your "where was Barber" question, he was coming off an injury and likely wasn't 100%. Still got 11 carries and average 3.7 yards per carry which isn't bad. Also give credit to the Bronco's D they have played well so far.

As far as Romo who you seem to defend to no end, the O-line can't do it all. Several of those sacks are on him including the blindside you are referring to. He has to make better reads of the Defense and cant let the safety sneak up in the box and not mentally account for him. Thats and instance where a QB like Manning makes the read, makes adjustments and doesn't let this happen to them. Lets not even mention the times he had all day to throw but took the sack, or all the wide open recievers he missed.

That goal line play at the end was on Romo big time, you may not agree with the play call but go back and watch, he had an open man on the slant coming from the top BOTH times, but instead he picks on Champ Bailey, arguable one of the best defensive backs in the league that already picked him off once.

To me it seems that even with all of Romo's mistakes, the Cowboys keep it close, which suggests the rest of the team may not "stand with the best" but they are certainly a formidable team, and with a clutch QB under center who knows.

Just a non-Cowboy fan assessment of what I see.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Tex7387
TXZ28LS1 i know its hard to look at your team without bias but get real man. Lets start with your "where was Barber" question, he was coming off an injury and likely wasn't 100%. Still got 11 carries and average 3.7 yards per carry which isn't bad. Also give credit to the Bronco's D they have played well so far.

As far as Romo who you seem to defend to no end, the O-line can't do it all. Several of those sacks are on him including the blindside you are referring to. He has to make better reads of the Defense and cant let the safety sneak up in the box and not mentally account for him. Thats and instance where a QB like Manning makes the read, makes adjustments and doesn't let this happen to them. Lets not even mention the times he had all day to throw but took the sack, or all the wide open recievers he missed.

That goal line play at the end was on Romo big time, you may not agree with the play call but go back and watch, he had an open man on the slant coming from the top BOTH times, but instead he picks on Champ Bailey, arguable one of the best defensive backs in the league that already picked him off once.

To me it seems that even with all of Romo's mistakes, the Cowboys keep it close, which suggests the rest of the team may not "stand with the best" but they are certainly a formidable team, and with a clutch QB under center who knows.

im starting to feel the same way
Old 10-05-2009, 08:04 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by redz_02
Actually I think that record was set by Tom Brady and Randy Moss.

"Brady and receiver Randy Moss set an NFL single-season record in 2007 for most touchdown passes between a passer and a receiver (23), with Moss's 23 touchdown catches also setting a league record."

Life time is Marvin Harrison and Peyton. I know you said it's not a fact, just had to put the right info out there.
The three years owens was there, him and romo had more tds than any other duo. not single season, not lifetime.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:01 AM
Texas Director

I'm a die-hard Cowboys fan. Always have been. Always will be. Romo is the problem and is killing Dallas. It's a statement about the rest of the team that they can hang in there and be as competitive as they have been in these games. I don't think Kitna is the answer. Romo has got to get it together somehow.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:09 AM
10 Second Club

Romo has never in my opinion been more than a satisfactory QB. He doesn't have the Aikmen/Staubach come from behind...drive your team....flat out make it happen ability. He made some bad passes at the end of the game that cost them the ability to come from behind.....too bad as I believe Dallas is better than what they are showing.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:14 AM
On The Tree

yes he does! it seems like they want him to be more careful so he dont throw interceptions but its killing him, he is doing even worse trying to be careful, over throwing every ball
Old 10-05-2009, 10:46 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by solo21
yes he does! it seems like they want him to be more careful so he dont throw interceptions but its killing him, he is doing even worse trying to be careful, over throwing every ball
He is trying to be TOO careful...and yes romo and T.O had the most td's of any duo while T.O was there!
Old 10-05-2009, 12:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Tex7387

barber was running strong to start the game!! look at him just beast the entire denver defense at the goal lineto score the first td. he looked good to me. dont know what happend after that touchdown. he was on the side lines.

the playcalling at the goal line was horrible. yes, romo had i believe austin open at the top.
Old 10-05-2009, 12:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by FIREHAWK #07
lolz... once again everyones gonna be on Homos nuts after next weeks BS game

yup, and the haters will shut the up for next weeks game..

Quick Reply: WTF Romo!?