WTF Romo!?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 12:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TXZ28LS1
barber was running strong to start the game!! look at him just beast the entire denver defense at the goal lineto score the first td. he looked good to me. dont know what happend after that touchdown. he was on the side lines.

the playcalling at the goal line was horrible. yes, romo had i believe austin open at the top.
Barber was running down hill, but he had to get alot of push for that TD and may have strained his quad injury some more. Who knows, but he doesn't seem to miss too many games for trivial stuff so I imagine he was kept on the sideline for a reason.

The point is the rest of the team did thier part, Romo didn't do his. If you wanna just keep giving Romo chances then thats fine, just don't bitch when he continues to choke and make bad decisions like he seems to do so well under pressure.
Old 10-05-2009, 12:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tex7387
Barber was running down hill, but he had to get alot of push for that TD and may have strained his quad injury some more. Who knows, but he doesn't seem to miss too many games for trivial stuff so I imagine he was kept on the sideline for a reason.

The point is the rest of the team did thier part, Romo didn't do his. If you wanna just keep giving Romo chances then thats fine, just don't bitch when he continues to choke and make bad decisions like he seems to do so well under pressure.

the rest of the team did their part..LOL.. thats funny.. romo and the offense didnt do much, but he still put the team in a postion to win with less than a minute to play. got a big play to put them in the goal line. the play calling at the goal was pretty shitty.. didnt even use witten.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:00 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TXZ28LS1
the rest of the team did their part..LOL.. thats funny.. romo and the offense didnt do much, but he still put the team in a postion to win with less than a minute to play. got a big play to put them in the goal line. the play calling at the goal was pretty shitty.. didnt even use witten.
yeah the play calling pissed me off and they def should have went to witten way more then they did, also should not have went away from the run!
Old 10-05-2009, 02:28 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by SIC GTO
yeah the play calling pissed me off and they def should have went to witten way more then they did, also should not have went away from the run!
You aint lying. And why throw to Champ Baileys side on the goal line?
Old 10-05-2009, 02:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by wowsers
The three years owens was there, him and romo had more tds than any other duo. not single season, not lifetime.
Read what he said again.

romo and T.O had the most TD's of any other QB/WR combo and Im not just saying that it's a fact!

He said "most". Which would be Harrison and Peyton.

As for that last play, there are only a few QB's who can farve a laser in to a slant patern like that. Romo is not one of them. He didn't let the play develop and threw right when his wideouts were in the middle of the endzone. With Romo's style he either needed to wait for that play to develop and loft it to the corner and let his receivers beat the smaller coners of Denver, or roll out away from the pressure and run it in. I still didn't get why there was not a screen option in case he got in to trouble. Hell, at least fake a play action, it was just to predictable. Just one of those plays were if it works it's great and the coaches are great, but if it fails everyone points the finger. Just poor execution all around was the culprit.

As for Whitten, Denver is really good at covering the middle. They have shut down pretty much all TE's this season. The one thing they have had trouble with is the run, which they didn't do and passing on the perimeter. Barber, although running hard, is not 100%, and I imagine they don't want to loose him for the season. He plays because they need him. Choice has done good but he is not Barber.

Then again if you turn the ball over continuously, you are going to loose. Touche to the Bronco's for playing hard and making a stand.

Last edited by redz_02; 10-05-2009 at 03:03 PM.
Old 10-05-2009, 02:59 PM
Teching In

They definately should have used Witten more, but with five sacks already they were keeping him to pass protect. You can't have your cake and eat it too, don't complain about the lack of protection and sacks, then bitch when they keep Witten in to protect Romo.

He put them in position to win, and then couldn't deliver with the same wide open man on the same play both times. Instead he picks on one of the best if not best CB in the game twice. Running the ball would have been a no brainer with a healthy Barber, but obviously something was wrong so they put the game in Romo's hands and he couldn't deliver. Also it likely wouldn't have come down to the wire like that had Romo actually hit his open recievers, especially in the last couple fourth quarter drives.

And lets not overlook the Bronco Defense that was ranked number 1 coming in, and had only given up 16 points so far. Granted they weren't great teams but still.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Tex7387
They definately should have used Witten more, but with five sacks already they were keeping him to pass protect. You can't have your cake and eat it too, don't complain about the lack of protection and sacks, then bitch when they keep Witten in to protect Romo.

He put them in position to win, and then couldn't deliver with the same wide open man on the same play both times. Instead he picks on one of the best if not best CB in the game twice. Running the ball would have been a no brainer with a healthy Barber, but obviously something was wrong so they put the game in Romo's hands and he couldn't deliver. Also it likely wouldn't have come down to the wire like that had Romo actually hit his open recievers, especially in the last couple fourth quarter drives.

And lets not overlook the Bronco Defense that was ranked number 1 coming in, and had only given up 16 points so far. Granted they weren't great teams but still.

Cinci (3-1) has been pretty productive with a healthy Palmer and determined receiving crew, and Denver should have lost that game. However +1 for Champ Bailey being a badass, I would not have thrown in his area to win the game.

Last edited by redz_02; 10-05-2009 at 03:10 PM.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:49 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by redz_02
Cinci (3-1) has been pretty productive with a healthy Palmer and determined receiving crew, and Denver should have lost that game. However +1 for Champ Bailey being a badass, I would not have thrown in his area to win the game.
Give credit to Denver in that game though, thier defense held Cinci off for 50+ minutes, but that win was definately a stroke of luck, because we all know Kyle Orton is a game manager, not a game winner. But we are getting off track here, don't want to jack the tread from its central focus...WTF Romo?
Old 10-05-2009, 05:28 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by redz_02
Read what he said again.

romo and T.O had the most TD's of any other QB/WR combo and Im not just saying that it's a fact!

He said "most". Which would be Harrison and Peyton.
i think it was understood that he meant while TO was there they had the most td's. i could be wrong, but it would be nonsensical to think theyd have the most tds all time when some receivers play their whole career with the same qb.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

i think it was understood that he meant while TO was there they had the most td's. i could be wrong, but it would be nonsensical to think theyd have the most tds all time when some receivers play their whole career with the same qb.
Very true, think they scored like 33 or something like that between the two. I believe the record they do have is the most between a qb and a wr in a single game. Think it was like 5 or 6, can't recall.

Has anyone seen the pics of romo at Walmart or next to Stephen McGee. Boy has twig arms compared to everyone else, needs to get out of the spot light and get some damn arm strength. WTF Romo, hit some weights.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:06 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by kumar75150
our WRs suck dick

good thing the team chemistry is good though
Good chemistry! What game were you watching. Did you see the last touchdown play for the Broncos? There were what, 6 Cowgirls around him and they all missed him from left to right to down the sideline for the winning score. The only chemistry that was who the closest girl to him that u can put blame on.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:31 PM
Launching!

not of all time no...but yeah while T.O was there they were the best duo imo I was told it was a fact that they scored the most TD's but maybe I was told wrong anyways peyton and harrison romo and T.O and brady and moss were def the top in the NFL.
I dont think he connects very well with these WR's!
Idk Im just real tired of seeing my boys look like **** and losing to teams they shouldnt!
Old 10-05-2009, 11:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

I just don't see why they fought for Roy Williams, when they probably could have gotten a early draft pick or at least tried for Calivin Johnson. Even Roy admitted to Calvin being a better receiver.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:11 PM
TECH Regular

this just keeps getting better...
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl,194346
Old 10-07-2009, 01:27 AM
TECH Addict

i hope kc rips them apart but. doubt it'll happen but i hope they lose again to show how bad they really are.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:04 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SIC GTO
not of all time no...but yeah while T.O was there they were the best duo imo I was told it was a fact that they scored the most TD's but maybe I was told wrong anyways peyton and harrison romo and T.O and brady and moss were def the top in the NFL.
I dont think he connects very well with these WR's!
Idk Im just real tired of seeing my boys look like **** and losing to teams they shouldnt!
ME AND YOU BOTH!!!!!
Old 10-11-2009, 07:08 PM
Launching!

well they won barely should have beat them worse but they won...ROMO did pretty good today at least!
Romo had 351 yards passing most of all the QB'S today so far...miles austin was a beast today even though he dropped a perfect pass from romo in the endzone that could have been another td for romo lol
Im just hear to say GO COWBOYS !!!!!
Old 10-11-2009, 07:36 PM
On The Tree

Where are all the huggers like I said last week when they lost? This is getting to be a comical season for the girls, barely sqeeking out a win in overtime against the 0-4 Chiefs!!!! Damn I can't wait until they start losing against all the good teams they have coming up. Heck I even predicted a good remidy for a lose would be the 0-4 Chiefs by putting up big numbers but that didn't happen either, Homo was actually good today, but he is still Homo and will be back to his sorry self real soon. But a win is a win even though it was against the hapless Chiefs.
Old 10-11-2009, 07:46 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ProStreet_632
Where are all the huggers like I said last week when they lost? This is getting to be a comical season for the girls, barely sqeeking out a win in overtime against the 0-4 Chiefs!!!! Damn I can't wait until they start losing against all the good teams they have coming up. Heck I even predicted a good remidy for a lose would be the 0-4 Chiefs by putting up big numbers but that didn't happen either, Homo was actually good today, but he is still Homo and will be back to his sorry self real soon. But a win is a win even though it was against the hapless Chiefs.
Yall can call him "homo" all yall want...but at least he was banging jessica simpson and carrie underwood
And weve only been beaten by 5-0 teams and those were close games!
The boys will come around soon enough!
Old 10-11-2009, 08:06 PM
On The Tree

Go cowboys!

Quick Reply: WTF Romo!?