few questions (clutch, center mount)

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 09:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default few questions (clutch, center mount)

i know there are other sections for this but everyone looks here so here we go...

i think i need a new clutch, im gonna pull my tranny soon and i wanted to know what kinda clutch are yall running in yalls cars? i was thinking about going with the centerforce DFX clutch i've read some pro's n cons about it... anyone one running that? get any chatter from it?

another i need the cme center mounted tips n valence, there is a guy on here that makes both but for the 2 1/2 in tips n valence is like $700 which i think is a complete rip off, that is more than i paid for my GMMG exhaust... but i like this set up ALOT! anyone out there know of another place that makes them?

Last edited by 02CamaroSSLE; 09-21-2009 at 10:13 AM.
Old 09-21-2009, 09:53 AM
Teching In

I don't have any personal experience with the clutch you are referencing (DSX.. did you mean DFX?) Anyhow, I'd have to recommend you take a look at a Monster clutch, probably Stage 3 for your setup. Fantastic grip and is still very drivable though a little more expensive than the DFX.

I'd recommend PM'ing Gen414 with any of your clutch questions and visiting www.morrismotorsports.net. The owner's name is Derrick, he's a great guy and local (Houston area). He's also a Monster Clutch dealer.

Good luck!
Old 09-21-2009, 10:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by eidetic
I don't have any personal experience with the clutch you are referencing (DSX.. did you mean DFX?) Anyhow, I'd have to recommend you take a look at a Monster clutch, probably Stage 3 for your setup. Fantastic grip and is still very drivable though a little more expensive than the DFX.

I'd recommend PM'ing Gen414 with any of your clutch questions and visiting www.morrismotorsports.net. The owner's name is Derrick, he's a great guy and local (Houston area). He's also a Monster Clutch dealer.

Good luck!
yeah DFX sorry, I did a lot of research sat night because I felt like as I was getting on it my clutch was not stopping everything in time for me to shift in 2nd and I grinded twice... in 5th or 6th at like 1500rpms it doesn't slip but I feel like it's time to replace... I've only had the car 6-7 months so I don't know what's in it or how longs it's been there... so I wanna pull the trans and figure it out and proceed from there...
Old 09-21-2009, 02:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

700 isn't that bad for the tips, valance, and bends new...assuming that's what's included.
Old 09-21-2009, 02:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i would just go with an ls7 clutch and 02 slave and throw out bearing. i have seen guys running them on 600hp setups and they are basically a stock setup
Old 09-21-2009, 03:37 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by chrysler kid
i would just go with an ls7 clutch and 02 slave and throw out bearing. i have seen guys running them on 600hp setups and they are basically a stock setup
If you plan on keeping the car pretty much stock, there is nothing wrong with the LS7 clutch. Now if you plan on drag racing the car often, or upping the power you might want to look into an aftermarket unit.

The guys that are using an LS7 clutch on a 600hp car are not getting the full benefit of their engine as the LS7 unit will start slipping very shortly and have an extremely reduced life.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Matt@SNLPerformance
If you plan on keeping the car pretty much stock, there is nothing wrong with the LS7 clutch. Now if you plan on drag racing the car often, or upping the power you might want to look into an aftermarket unit.

The guys that are using an LS7 clutch on a 600hp car are not getting the full benefit of their engine as the LS7 unit will start slipping very shortly and have an extremely reduced life.
no it's stock for now, im trying to get everything up to par before i start doing performance... my first mod is going to be LT's and o/r Y... i just dont want to pay 400-500 for a clutch and put it in and it chatter my car apart or starts to slip, or doesnt last worth a ****...
Old 09-22-2009, 10:50 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

well by all means an ls7 will be more than enough. you can buy them online at scoggin dickey parts center, they are a sponsor on here. Scoggin dickey is a large gm dealer outhere in west texas, i went in the store and bought an ls1 ls7 clutch kit about 2 years ago when they had a sale on them

and for CME your limited to the SLP official parts which are expensive, or buy them from 6litereater