You guys think my hand is broke?? *pics*

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 10:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm surprised that through this whole thread nobody has made the comment that if the punch was done correctly it never would have broken. I teach martial arts in Pearland and will help you out if you want to come take a class. We usually run some sort of special if you want to look at going long term (you'd have to check with the school owner for pricing) but I can at least get you into an intro lesson where I can teach you that the first 2 knuckles are your striking knuckles!

I'm not trying to sound like a dick, just want to help. BTW, I broke mine too, same way. I am an assistant instructor teaching Kuk Sool Won, has helped me greatly with anger issues. It's helpful to have a venue where you can get physical (controlled, of course) without consequences other than your partner hitting back. Let me know if you are interested, might do you some good.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:22 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by slow96z
I'm surprised that through this whole thread nobody has made the comment that if the punch was done correctly it never would have broken. I teach martial arts in Pearland and will help you out if you want to come take a class. We usually run some sort of special if you want to look at going long term (you'd have to check with the school owner for pricing) but I can at least get you into an intro lesson where I can teach you that the first 2 knuckles are your striking knuckles!

I'm not trying to sound like a dick, just want to help. BTW, I broke mine too, same way. I am an assistant instructor teaching Kuk Sool Won, has helped me greatly with anger issues. It's helpful to have a venue where you can get physical (controlled, of course) without consequences other than your partner hitting back. Let me know if you are interested, might do you some good.

So what's the correct way to punch a fridge or a brick wall without breaking your hand??
Old 10-06-2009, 06:29 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by THE BLACK WIDOW
So what's the correct way to punch a fridge or a brick wall without breaking your hand??
LMAO! That is exactly what I was goin to ask him.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:31 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by THE BLACK WIDOW
Don't punch it at all is the correct way Grasshopper.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm surprised that through this whole thread nobody has made the comment that if the punch was done correctly it never would have broken.
What do you teach?

I have some experience with martial arts. Eight years worth (Tae Kwon Do, and Hap Ki Do) if it makes a difference. There is a correct way and incorrect way to punch. It doesn't matter how good your technique is, if you hit something hard (ie a fridge), hard enough, your hand if going to break.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm not making that argument, by all means if you punch something imovable hard enough your hand will break, but if you strike with the first 2 knuckles and keep your hand/wrist linear with the bones in the forearm the force is transferred through a system of much stronger bones, plus you hit a lot harder. I guess the main point I was trying to make is don't swing around from the outside to hit something with the pinky corner of your hand, it'll break.

If punched right the fridge would have dented more and maybe would have been enough give to not break, don't know for sure. I broke mine punching a sheet of MDF so I know that has no give.

Sorry if I came off like a know it all *******, wasn't my intention...
Old 10-06-2009, 09:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not making that argument, by all means if you punch something imovable hard enough your hand will break, but if you strike with the first 2 knuckles and keep your hand/wrist linear with the bones in the forearm the force is transferred through a system of much stronger bones, plus you hit a lot harder. I guess the main point I was trying to make is don't swing around from the outside to hit something with the pinky corner of your hand, it'll break.

If punched right the fridge would have dented more and maybe would have been enough give to not break, don't know for sure. I broke mine punching a sheet of MDF so I know that has no give.

I dont think you came off as an *******.

I can agree with what you said.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

What was her name?
Old 10-06-2009, 10:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Actually this one wasn't over a woman, it was back in my installer days and a salesman was trying to get in good with a car dealer so he could get a good deal on a car and screwed me and another installer on labor costs to install the customers used equipment. then when I went to bench test the amp I found that the power harness was missing. I told him that and he got all pissed off saying that we (all installers) were the stupidest people he has ever dealt with and wondered why we screw up everything. I explained to him that it was his fault for not making sure the equipment was at least complete and he kept popping off. I got mad and hit a sheet of MDF that was leaning against the wall. I knew it was broken immediately and walked out to my car and left.

Ahhhh, foolish youth.

Quick Reply: You guys think my hand is broke?? *pics*