banned for informing members of a vehicles salvage title.

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 02:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It doesn't have a salvage title. It has a clear Texas title, I don't know what you don't understand about that.

In some states, if a car is reported stolen and paid out for by insurance and then it is found EVEN WITH NO DAMAGE WHATSOEVER it gets a junk title since insurance paid out for it. The junk title could be from any number of things, so explain to me how you know what may or may not have happened to this car that warrants being such a piece of dbag over it? The fact is, a junk title doesn't mean anything without a back story as to what happened. This car has been cleared and does in fact have a clear Texas title, I love how that means nothing to you, and your almighty carfax account means you know everything there is to know.
Old 10-15-2009, 02:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NUTS IN YA MOUTHHHHHh
Old 10-15-2009, 02:19 PM
On The Tree

No matter what I believe the title will always say rebuilt salvage if its ever been wrecked to the point that it was considered a total loss.
Old 10-15-2009, 02:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by chrysler kid
negative. my formula was involved in a fender bender and it was shown on a police report on the carfax. if a car is deemed a total loss by insurance there is a red indication that says insurance inventory salvage

Ok then, I have a wrecked Camaro in my driveway RIGHT NOW, insurance said total loss, guess what...CLEAN NON SALVAGED TITLE as I bought it back before they had a chance to do anything with it.

Mercury Tracer in front yard, was crashed, deemed total loss, wife bought it back and actually ended up with a "free" car *** they payout was more then she paid for the car.. Clean Title not Salvaged.

The Silver Camaro I have, went to insurance auction, was bought by a salvage dealer, was put back together as it was minor body and minor subframe damage, go the title as a "salvaged" title, then after it was rebuilt, and passed a "REBUILT" inspection, the new title says "Rebuilt" title....Or somthing like that......

FWIW the carfax doesn't even show the Tracer was involved in an accident.... Carfax is not perfect and should only be used as an extra incentive not a basis.... That car looked clean, the guys who did the body work on my silver one SCREWED it up and I have to get it realigned, but If I never told you, then you probably would never know it was a salvaged title. I got 5 compliments within 2 hours of me owning it. And still continue to get compliments on it because the common person that doesn't know better can't see the cosmetic flaws in it.....
Old 10-15-2009, 02:26 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by chrysler kid
a member in another forum posted an slp ss forsale, and when i ran the carfax it showed the vehicle had a salvage title

i pasted the carfax results into the thread, and my post was deleted. i pm'd the administrator about it, and he told me i was slandering the user because the car did not have a salvage title, when the car clearly does. The administrator is trying to help the member sell a salvage titled car as a clean title, stating that i have no right to tell other people how HIS car is treated because its his and not mine.

I surely hope that no one on here would try to mislead its members to make a profit on selling a salvage title car to other forum members

just a heads up for you guys, its a black 2002 slp SS with gold stripes and the administrator is trying to help a forum member sell it as a clean title by deleteing my post showing the car fax, and another saying just an fyi the car has a salvage title

http://racelubbock.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19725

and here is the carfax

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
Report Run Date: 2009-10-15 14:02:04.299 EDT
VIN: 2G1FP22G122138782
Year: 2002
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Camaro Z28
Style/Body: Coupe 2D
Class: Sport Car - Touring
Engine: 5.7L V8 MFI / MPI
Country of Assembly: Canada
Vehicle Age: 7 year(s)
Calculated Owners: 4
Last Reported
Odometer Reading: 48,491

This vehicle's AutoCheck Score

The AutoCheck Score is a summary of your vehicle's history, letting you compare vehicles with ease.

About this vehicle's AutoCheck Score
This vehicle does not qualify for Buyback Protection

Unfortunately, this vehicle does not qualify for our Buyback Protection program.

About Buyback Protection
Section summaries

The vehicle identification number you submitted has been analyzed and summary information on your car is shown below
Title and ProblemCheck: image Major title or other problem(s) reported
OdometerCheck: image Your vehicle checks out!
Vehicle Use and EventCheck: image Specific vehicle use(s) or events reported
Full History: image Detailed information available
Title and ProblemCheck

A problem has been found with this vehicle. Problem Reported! AutoCheck's database for this 2002 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 (2G1FP22G122138782) shows a negative title(s) or other problems. When reported to AutoCheck, these events can indicate serious past damage or other significant problems.

1 Problem(s) Reported: 15 Title/Problem areas checked:
No abandoned title record
No damaged title or major damage incident record
No fire damaged title record
No grey market title record
No hail damage title record
No insurance loss title or probable total loss record
Junk or scrapped title record(s)
No manufacturer buyback/lemon title record
No odometer problem title record
No rebuilt/rebuildable title record
No salvage title or salvage auction record
No water damaged title record
No NHTSA crash test record
No frame/unibody damage record
No recycling facility record
OdometerCheck

checks_out Your Vehicle Checks Out! AutoCheck examined the reported odometer readings reported to AutoCheck for this 2002 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 (2G1FP22G122138782) and no indication of an odometer rollback or tampering was found. AutoCheck uses business rules to determine if reported odometer readings are significantly less than previously reported values. Not all reported odometer readings are used. Title and auction events also report odometer tampering or breakage.
0 Problem(s) Reported: Mileage Date Reported
30 03/14/2002
38,123 10/18/2007
38,123 11/07/2007
38,123 11/08/2007
38,131 01/18/2008
48,491 02/13/2009
Vehicle Use and EventCheck

Information Reported! AutoCheck shows additional information reported to AutoCheck about how this 2002 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 (2G1FP22G122138782) has been used and other events. This includes reported accidents and corrected or duplicate titles and storm area registrations.

Below are the historical events for this vehicle listed in chronological order. Any discrepancies will be in bold text.

Report Run Date 2009-10-15 14:02:04.299 EDT

Vehicle: 2002 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 (2G1FP22G122138782)
Event date Location Odometer reading Data Source Details
03/14/2002 CA
Motor Vehicle Dept. ODOMETER READING FROM DMV

04/08/2002 HOLLISTER, CA
Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL

04/18/2002 HOLLISTER, CA
Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE(Lien Reported)

10/18/2007 IN
Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:07505749129)

10/18/2007 IN
Motor Vehicle Dept. JUNK VEHICLE

11/07/2007 SOUTHWEST REGION
Auto Auction REPORTED AT AUTO AUCTION

11/08/2007 SOUTHWEST REGION
Auto Auction AUCTION ANNOUNCED AS FLEET/LEASE

01/10/2008 LUBBOCK, TX

01/18/2008 LUBBOCK, TX
Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:15232639455142915)

02/04/2009 LUBBOCK, TX

02/13/2009 LUBBOCK, TX
Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:15220239846100404)(Lien Reported)

highlight the whole thing if you want to accuse people. it clearly says on the same date it was issued another title, it was most likely either a lost title or paperwork snafu...
Old 10-15-2009, 02:28 PM
LS7 Member

Car is junk. Should be scrapped...
Old 10-15-2009, 02:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 205 Likes on 124 Posts

idk looks like a nice car to me, He was just trying to help out by posting the Salvage title. Really dont see what the stink is. if its not salvage title take a pic of the title and post a pic and be done with it
Old 10-15-2009, 02:32 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ls1kbush
No matter what I believe the title will always say rebuilt salvage if its ever been wrecked to the point that it was considered a total loss.
that is not true, some states you can have the rebuilt status removed from the title.

As in this case, it seems that this is more a clerical error, because the/any dealership is required by law to disclose any and all title issues with it.

The best thing to do IF purchasing this vehicle, is to have the owner and yourself contact the lein holder and have them fax a copy of the clean title to the person purchasing it. Problem solved. Most all of your finacial institusions will not lend money on a marked title.
Old 10-15-2009, 02:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

If a car has a salvaged title, I think it's the seller's responsibility to state it in their ad along with the true reason for the salvaged title. i.e. Wreck, Theft Recovery, etc.

Given identical makes/models, a non-salvaged title car IS worth more than one that has been salvaged.

I see nothing wrong with this guy letting potential buyers know the car has a salvage history.

P.S. I just typed the word "salvage" way too many times.
Old 10-15-2009, 02:49 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by -Ross-
If a car has a salvaged title, I think it's the seller's responsibility to state it in their ad along with the true reason for the salvaged title. i.e. Wreck, Theft Recovery, etc.

Given identical makes/models, a non-salvaged title car IS worth more than one that has been salvaged.

I see nothing wrong with this guy letting potential buyers know the car has a salvage history.

P.S. I just typed the word "salvage" way too many times.
the car is not salvaged. The guy posting this information, even posted proof that the title is not marked salvaged. Clear as day. It is marked "JUNK" which is very different that salvaged.
Old 10-15-2009, 02:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by sabastian458
the car is not salvaged. The guy posting this information, even posted proof that the title is not marked salvaged. Clear as day. It is marked "JUNK" which is very different that salvaged.
orly?

Accident / Damage Indicator — CARFAX -

Junk Title — A Junk Title is issued on a vehicle damaged to the extent that the cost of repairing the vehicle exceeds ~ 75% of its pre-damage value. This damage threshold may vary by state. The majority of states use this title to indicate that a vehicle is not road worthy and cannot be titled again. Some states treat Junk titles the same as Salvage.
Old 10-15-2009, 02:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

part that bitch out!
Old 10-15-2009, 03:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

orly?
Junk doesn't have to mean it has EVER been damaged. Maybe it has, maybe it hasn't, who knows. It's not our place to try to figure that out because WE DON'T KNOW.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:03 PM
Launching!

orly?
yes it is different. first you are looking at car fax where as this report is from autocheck, their competitor. secondly, you must look at the DMV's definitions of JUNK and SALVAGE. a junk vehicle is one that has been crushed. a salvage vehicle is one that the insurance company decides the cost is too high to repair.

The 75% is alot of B/S, by the way (speaking generally now) I personally know where less than 2 months ago, a guy wrecked his 2003 Evolution 8 causing $26,000, yes 26000 in damage. The car was totaled, but the insurance company paid to fix it. It floored me. You could buy 2 of those cars at auction for that price.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

See, in the state of Florida, failure to notify the buyer of a salvage of rebuilt title is a criminal offense.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:09 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Injected1
See, in the state of Florida, failure to notify the buyer of a salvage of rebuilt title is a criminal offense.
and if it is a dealer, they have to offer to purchase the vehicle back at full selling price. At least in the states I have conducted business in. (southeastern)
Old 10-15-2009, 03:11 PM
On The Tree

The title is a clear Texas title
Maybe some sort of paperwork issue I'm sure
I've been around bodyshops most of my life and I fully inspected the car when I bought it sometime in Feb or March not sure exactly when.
I really incurage anyone that is interested to come and look at the car inside, outside, under the hood, under the car itself is super clean an NO signs of any type of bodywork.
I wish I could keep it but I really want a CTS-V

They guy was banned because says wants me to sell my car as a salvaged car and it is NOT.
He has said negative things before and for some reason I thought he was also banned from this site. It probably won't be to long before he is. Anyways anyone interested I will post it in the forsale later when I get home. I'm asking $13,500
Thanks again
Hope that clears some things up
Old 10-15-2009, 03:19 PM
Staging Lane

I've been aroound this car as the seller is a good friend of mine. I believe this is some sort of paperwork issue. The car is immaculate and I encourage you to personally take a look at it!
Old 10-15-2009, 03:21 PM
Launching!

call/go to your local dmv office and ask them how best to go about clearing it up. If you are nice to them, they will help you out.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:25 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by StreetLethal01
Anyways anyone interested I will post it in the forsale later when I get home. I'm asking $13,500
Thanks again
Not for a car that has the word JUNK in the title. Sorry. Im pretty sure you are haveing a tough time selling it cuz of it. But just like injected1 said, you have to say when you sell it what it has on the title. I know he said that for florida, but I have heard the same thing here in Texas. Good Luck Bro!

Quick Reply: banned for informing members of a vehicles salvage title.