banned for informing members of a vehicles salvage title.

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 01:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default banned for informing members of a vehicles salvage title.

a member in another forum posted an slp ss forsale, and when i ran the carfax it showed the vehicle had a salvage title

i pasted the carfax results into the thread, and my post was deleted. i pm'd the administrator about it, and he told me i was slandering the user because the car did not have a salvage title, when the car clearly does. The administrator is trying to help the member sell a salvage titled car as a clean title, stating that i have no right to tell other people how HIS car is treated because its his and not mine.

I surely hope that no one on here would try to mislead its members to make a profit on selling a salvage title car to other forum members

just a heads up for you guys, its a black 2002 slp SS with gold stripes and the administrator is trying to help a forum member sell it as a clean title by deleteing my post showing the car fax, and another saying just an fyi the car has a salvage title

http://racelubbock.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19725

and here is the carfax

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
Report Run Date: 2009-10-15 14:02:04.299 EDT
VIN: 2G1FP22G122138782
Year: 2002
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Camaro Z28
Style/Body: Coupe 2D
Class: Sport Car - Touring
Engine: 5.7L V8 MFI / MPI
Country of Assembly: Canada
Vehicle Age: 7 year(s)
Calculated Owners: 4
Last Reported
Odometer Reading: 48,491

This vehicle's AutoCheck Score

The AutoCheck Score is a summary of your vehicle's history, letting you compare vehicles with ease.

About this vehicle's AutoCheck Score
This vehicle does not qualify for Buyback Protection

Unfortunately, this vehicle does not qualify for our Buyback Protection program.

About Buyback Protection
Section summaries

The vehicle identification number you submitted has been analyzed and summary information on your car is shown below
Title and ProblemCheck: image Major title or other problem(s) reported
OdometerCheck: image Your vehicle checks out!
Vehicle Use and EventCheck: image Specific vehicle use(s) or events reported
Full History: image Detailed information available
Title and ProblemCheck

A problem has been found with this vehicle. Problem Reported! AutoCheck's database for this 2002 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 (2G1FP22G122138782) shows a negative title(s) or other problems. When reported to AutoCheck, these events can indicate serious past damage or other significant problems.

1 Problem(s) Reported: 15 Title/Problem areas checked:
No abandoned title record
No damaged title or major damage incident record
No fire damaged title record
No grey market title record
No hail damage title record
No insurance loss title or probable total loss record
Junk or scrapped title record(s)
No manufacturer buyback/lemon title record
No odometer problem title record
No rebuilt/rebuildable title record
No salvage title or salvage auction record
No water damaged title record
No NHTSA crash test record
No frame/unibody damage record
No recycling facility record
OdometerCheck

checks_out Your Vehicle Checks Out! AutoCheck examined the reported odometer readings reported to AutoCheck for this 2002 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 (2G1FP22G122138782) and no indication of an odometer rollback or tampering was found. AutoCheck uses business rules to determine if reported odometer readings are significantly less than previously reported values. Not all reported odometer readings are used. Title and auction events also report odometer tampering or breakage.
0 Problem(s) Reported: Mileage Date Reported
30 03/14/2002
38,123 10/18/2007
38,123 11/07/2007
38,123 11/08/2007
38,131 01/18/2008
48,491 02/13/2009
Vehicle Use and EventCheck

Information Reported! AutoCheck shows additional information reported to AutoCheck about how this 2002 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 (2G1FP22G122138782) has been used and other events. This includes reported accidents and corrected or duplicate titles and storm area registrations.

Below are the historical events for this vehicle listed in chronological order. Any discrepancies will be in bold text.

Report Run Date 2009-10-15 14:02:04.299 EDT

Vehicle: 2002 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 (2G1FP22G122138782)
Event date Location Odometer reading Data Source Details
03/14/2002 CA
Motor Vehicle Dept. ODOMETER READING FROM DMV

04/08/2002 HOLLISTER, CA
Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL

04/18/2002 HOLLISTER, CA
Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE(Lien Reported)

10/18/2007 IN
Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:07505749129)

10/18/2007 IN
Motor Vehicle Dept. JUNK VEHICLE

11/07/2007 SOUTHWEST REGION
Auto Auction REPORTED AT AUTO AUCTION

11/08/2007 SOUTHWEST REGION
Auto Auction AUCTION ANNOUNCED AS FLEET/LEASE

01/10/2008 LUBBOCK, TX

01/18/2008 LUBBOCK, TX
Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:15232639455142915)

02/04/2009 LUBBOCK, TX

02/13/2009 LUBBOCK, TX
Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:15220239846100404)(Lien Reported)

Last edited by chrysler kid; 10-15-2009 at 01:13 PM.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:34 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For one, you don't know WHY it was considered salvage. Two, it has a lien against it, this means a bank has cleared it for financing. Get the **** over it, the owner is not trying to hide anything!!!! THIS VEHICLE HAS A CLEAN TEXAS TITLE, PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And by the way, you were banned for being a little ****. If the mods tell you not to trash a thread, and you continue to do so, you're damn right you'll be banned.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Optimal
For one, you don't know WHY it was considered salvage. Two, it has a lien against it, this means a bank has cleared it for financing. Get the **** over it, the owner is not trying to hide anything!!!! THIS VEHICLE HAS A CLEAN TEXAS TITLE, PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And by the way, you were banned for being a little ****. If the mods tell you not to trash a thread, and you continue to do so, you're damn right you'll be banned.

wow, you are trash.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:44 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks. I do what I can.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You were banned for harassing the seller and not abiding by forum rules not to do so. Not to mention, you were warned THREE times before you got banned and you wouldn't stop.

You made up a notion that it was horribly wrecked and then fixed and that he is hiding that when you have NO IDEA what that junk section is referring to, whileas he welcomes ANYONE to come look the car over as thoroughly as that desire.

Bottom line, I don't know the history of the car and neither do you. The history of the car is between the seller and any potential buyer. They should go check out the actual car instead of getting a carfax and acting like they know something about the car. Carfax is about as useful as 2girls1cup. There is a loan on the car, there is insurance on the car, and the car has a CLEAR Texas title. It seems that maybe people actually involved with the car know something you don't.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

how'd these douchbags find this thread so fast?
Old 10-15-2009, 01:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

For one, you don't know WHY it was considered salvage. .
sounds like an admission of guilt to me. why not just clear it up instead of covering it up.

i would want someone to tell me what i was buying before i wasted my hard earned scratch on a flood car or something.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:50 PM
TECH Addict

trash? here is what i said word for word
btw carfax shows your car has a salvage title
financing doesnt mean ****. they can approve you for almost anything as long as you have the credit.

its is not a clean title. it clearly is salvage. you have the right to dispute any title claims on record, have you ever disputed the salvage title? do you have paperwork to prove it wasnt in a junkyard at one point?

i guess you would just rather deceive people than be honest about any defects. he didnt have to ban me, the topic could have continued with the seller simply saying oh yes i forgot, or explaining why he didnt list it

Last edited by chrysler kid; 10-15-2009 at 01:56 PM.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 205 Likes on 124 Posts

I think it needs to be shown it has a salvage title no sense in trying to hide it. The guy is just trying to help out others. I dont see what the big deal is
Old 10-15-2009, 01:51 PM
Launching!

ah see that is not a salvaged car. There is a difference. A "JUNK or SCRAP" car is on that has been crushed, what the people do is write "JUNK or SCRAP" across the top of the title and mail it into the Main DMV office. That is the only way a vehilce gets marked like that.

It seems that someone may have sold the car, filed for a duplicat title when they sold it (lost their title) and then later, possibly found the title and sent it into the dmv.

I would def be cautious about the car, but I would not be affraid of it being a salvaged title car. Auto check would specifically list "SALVAGE" instead of "JUNK"
Old 10-15-2009, 01:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

the car has lived in lubbock for atleast 3 years now when it was at classic motor cars they got full price for the car because it had a clear texas title the seller then sold it to a dealership RESPECTABLE mind you as it was scoggin dicky who put it on their display as a clear texas title car. the car has gone through countless inspections by dealerships and state inspections the car was also cleared with a texas title the current owner is the 2ed owner 4th handler of this car and is asking even less for it then what was originally bough by the first 3 who handled the car. . . .obviously this vehicle has a good standing history or it wouldnt have been sold the first 5 times including to the first dealership who ended up with it who mind you buys and sells performance oriented vehicles all day long.

also he was banned for forum rules not because of the car.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

look at how the body panels on the car line up. trash car.

and sold 5 times already across the country? trash.
Old 10-15-2009, 02:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 2 SLOW
look at how the body panels on the car line up. trash car.

and sold 5 times already across the country? trash.
WHAT THE HELL?!? you jump the gun like a premature maddon - i said in over a 5-6 year history the car was bought at a dealership here sold to an owner who later traded it in to upgrade to a gto to another dealership then this indivudual bought it - where did i say 5 times being sold its only had two owners since i've seen it!
Old 10-15-2009, 02:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

anyone else notice the car was labled as "JUNK" in Indiana????
Old 10-15-2009, 02:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Salvage title could be anything......minor fender benders in texas, if the car goes to the insurance, = salvage title. My car has a "rebuilt" title on it, which im sure this car, if it was "salvaged" does as well. Or it could simply mean the car was stolen, then found, insurance had already paid the owner, car goes to auction, salvaged title. Hell it could mean anything. Bottom line is that car looks nicer then mine, and I would so trad mine if for that one.....
Old 10-15-2009, 02:04 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by oneBADDz
You were banned for harassing the seller and not abiding by forum rules not to do so. Not to mention, you were warned THREE times before you got banned and you wouldn't stop.

You made up a notion that it was horribly wrecked and then fixed and that he is hiding that when you have NO IDEA what that junk section is referring to, whileas he welcomes ANYONE to come look the car over as thoroughly as that desire.

Bottom line, I don't know the history of the car and neither do you. The history of the car is between the seller and any potential buyer. They should go check out the actual car instead of getting a carfax and acting like they know something about the car. Carfax is about as useful as 2girls1cup. There is a loan on the car, there is insurance on the car, and the car has a CLEAR Texas title. It seems that maybe people actually involved with the car know something you don't.
again if you are paying full price for a car and it came back with a salvage title i dont think you would be very happy.

Originally Posted by KriegerEhre
the car has lived in lubbock for atleast 3 years now when it was at classic motor cars they got full price for the car because it had a clear texas title the seller then sold it to a dealership RESPECTABLE mind you as it was scoggin dicky who put it on their display as a clear texas title car. the car has gone through countless inspections by dealerships and state inspections the car was also cleared with a texas title the current owner is the 2ed owner 4th handler of this car and is asking even less for it then what was originally bough by the first 3 who handled the car. . . .obviously this vehicle has a good standing history or it wouldnt have been sold the first 5 times including to the first dealership who ended up with it who mind you buys and sells performance oriented vehicles all day long.

also he was banned for forum rules not because of the car.
forum rules for not posting unless your interested in the car? there are 10 other posts about how people think its clean, yet there posts werent deleted. but i post that the car has a salvage title they ban me.

i really dont see how you can sit here and tell me the car was never wrecked. just because the car has been in a dealers system doesnt mean anything.

the car was off the records for five years. are you seriously going to tell me that someone put 38k miles on the car without getting it registered or inspected for five years just for the car to show up across the country at auction with a salvage title? if you want speculation, it was probably a dealer car that got wrecked while on demo. it was fixed but the dealer marked it as blemish title and it sat in the showroom till it went to auction and ended up in indiana with a blemish
Old 10-15-2009, 02:06 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by baalic
Salvage title could be anything......minor fender benders in texas, if the car goes to the insurance, = salvage title. My car has a "rebuilt" title on it, which im sure this car, if it was "salvaged" does as well. Or it could simply mean the car was stolen, then found, insurance had already paid the owner, car goes to auction, salvaged title. Hell it could mean anything. Bottom line is that car looks nicer then mine, and I would so trad mine if for that one.....
negative. my formula was involved in a fender bender and it was shown on a police report on the carfax. if a car is deemed a total loss by insurance there is a red indication that says insurance inventory salvage
Old 10-15-2009, 02:09 PM
TECH Addict

Term Section Location Definition
Junk Title and ProblemCheck The vehicle’s parts have been salvaged for reuse and the remainder of the vehicle has been destroyed or scrapped. This vehicle has been declared a total loss, is not road worthy and should not be titled again for use on the road.
Old 10-15-2009, 02:14 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by chrysler kid
1 Problem(s) Reported: 15 Title/Problem areas checked:
No abandoned title record
No damaged title or major damage incident record
No fire damaged title record
No grey market title record
No hail damage title record
No insurance loss title or probable total loss record
Junk or scrapped title record(s)
No manufacturer buyback/lemon title record
No odometer problem title record
No rebuilt/rebuildable title record
No salvage title or salvage auction record<right here
No water damaged title record
No NHTSA crash test record
No frame/unibody damage record
No recycling facility record

READ THE AUTOCHECK. It clearly stated the vehicle IS NOT salvaged, but JUNK. The only way for the title to be marked JUNK is either by accident or the car was physically crushed/shreaded. Obviously the car has not been crush or shreaded. So it is more than likely a title processing error, and can be fixed.
Old 10-15-2009, 02:16 PM
HTX
TECH Regular

You are kind of being just as much of a dick as the person you are claiming is a scam.

That is the buisness of the seller and buyer. Good job informing people of what you discovered. Now shut up and go mind your own damn buisness...

BTW i dont believe for a second that you were not acting an ***.... seeing as though you have made a fool of yourself on this forum multiple times.

Quick Reply: banned for informing members of a vehicles salvage title.