banned for informing members of a vehicles salvage title.

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 11:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let's see how this turns out.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

So what were we talking about?
Old 10-15-2009, 11:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

wow this is alot of post lol ... too settle this someone buy my car cause I posted the carfax and its perfect!! lol
Old 10-16-2009, 01:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by red281gt
wow this is alot of post lol ... too settle this someone buy my car cause I posted the carfax and its perfect!! lol
+1 for the fm5's.
Old 10-16-2009, 02:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

LMAO! wow - that was ******* epic. . . . .I'm also pretty sure that OP did NOT get a discounted price on the car from the dealership -at all- in fact I'm pretty sure that he paid more than what he's asking for it as of now so this car is a steal for what it is! just referring back to what was falsely stated.
Old 10-16-2009, 02:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

1) I think the OP was a little overzealous in the way he approached it - could have used more tact ... but I think his intent was sincere. Sounds like the moderators could have been more tactful as well. Why not just delete the "sladerous" posts, but leave the carfax there? Full disclosure is never a bad idea, IMO.

2) I've always thought the "if you aren't interested, dont post" rule was garbage. If I went to go see a car in person with a friend I'd sure as heck let him know when I saw something awry. Why is there a gag-order in place when someone posting is legitimately trying to help others not make a bad purchase.

3) perhaps the carfax was wrong, that's great. however, that still should be cleaned up before selling the car or disclosed to the buyer before any purchase. If I bought that car without a carfax, then a month later decided to resell it ... and a potential buyer ran it ... THAT'S a problem.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents. Pass the bitchez!
Old 10-16-2009, 04:32 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gun4hire
2) I've always thought the "if you aren't interested, dont post" rule was garbage. If I went to go see a car in person with a friend I'd sure as heck let him know when I saw something awry. Why is there a gag-order in place when someone posting is legitimately trying to help others not make a bad purchase.
I've always thought that rule was garbo too. A few weeks back when I was looking for another WS6, I was scrolling for sale section and saw a SOM WS6 with 55K selling for 22K. I posted a reply saying "LOL @ the price", and the seller went haywire. I'm sorry, but if sellers are that retarded, then they are just asking for it.

To the dude selling this Camaro, why didn't you disclose of this information in your original post of the ad? What if the buyer had never checked Carfax, and took your word for it that it was a "clean title"?

Anyways, bottom line is... this thread has gone on way too far. I think we all already know this car is ****, and no one's going to buy it. Just move along.
Old 10-16-2009, 05:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

well this thread blew the fu*k up!
Old 10-16-2009, 06:59 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

As a buyer, I'd now question why in the hell the car was mistakenly reported as a "junk" car. I've never heard of a car accidentally being reported "junk" or "salvaged" until now.
Old 10-16-2009, 07:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the owner of the car should get banned, those stripes are hideous.
Old 10-16-2009, 07:46 AM
12 Second Club

I should ban myself for reading this entire bs thread.
Old 10-16-2009, 07:55 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by westtexasbuff
I've always thought that rule was garbo too. A few weeks back when I was looking for another WS6, I was scrolling for sale section and saw a SOM WS6 with 55K selling for 22K. I posted a reply saying "LOL @ the price", and the seller went haywire. I'm sorry, but if sellers are that retarded, then they are just asking for it.

To the dude selling this Camaro, why didn't you disclose of this information in your original post of the ad? What if the buyer had never checked Carfax, and took your word for it that it was a "clean title"?

Anyways, bottom line is... this thread has gone on way too far. I think we all already know this car is ****, and no one's going to buy it. Just move along.
Wow at one point I really thought you had something smart to say. 1st off when you don't like something about someones car they are selling don't say anything at all. Not saying anything tells the seller more than you think. Second, when I bought the car it was from a gm certified dealer and the title is a clean and clear. Also this car is no more **** than yours. Anyone who is interested in any car should run a car fax. If an interested buyer would have asked me I would have explained what I knew about the history. I have nothing to hide. I hope someone does not miss out on this awesome machine because of a mess up on a piece of paper.

Yes I also do not like the stripes, but thats the way I bought it.

Good Day

Last edited by StreetLethal01; 10-16-2009 at 09:18 AM.
Old 10-16-2009, 08:05 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SleeperZzZ28
I should ban myself for reading this entire bs thread.
I skipped from pg 1 to 5

some people got their panties in a big ol bunch, thats for sure. Dude tried to help, didnt do it the best way and admin didnt help, the end.

i'd hope someone would let me know if it had a salvage/junk whatever title if i was looking at it
Old 10-16-2009, 03:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

sorry to interject, but the title was and is a clean title......you must of missed that part bro..
Old 10-16-2009, 03:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

tis thread sux
Old 10-16-2009, 03:46 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by StreetLethal01
Also this car is no more **** than yours.
That made my day. Thanks for the laugh, LOL LOL LOL.

No one wants to hear you bitch and moan. If it truly has a "clear title" then why the hell are you so mad?
Old 10-16-2009, 04:58 PM
On The Tree

That made my day. Thanks for the laugh, LOL LOL LOL.

No one wants to hear you bitch and moan. If it truly has a "clear title" then why the hell are you so mad?
I said good day
Old 10-16-2009, 05:49 PM
On The Tree

Speaking of junk, ill let some one walk away with my mostly CF camaro for 10k lmao the title also says the bad word in it, but I rebuilt it and it looks better than before it was trashed. IMO if the frame is correct and the motor/drive train and exterior is all 100% why is it such a big deal. Buy it And change the title to " colloctor or street rod" it's easy
Old 10-17-2009, 10:46 AM
9 Second Club

Received 238 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by thesource
We are a sub contractor for TxDot and I pulled the VIN. Its not a salvage or "rebuilt" title. Its also not a junk title. TxDot does not allow vehicles with a "junk" title to be retitled period. This car has a clean title and there is a bank loan on it as well.
You can get salvage titles made clean out of state. Then register the clean title in TX. I have seen it done before in person. I owned a bike with a clean title that was done that way. When I went to insure it, they insured my clean titled bike as a salvage bike. There are several loop holes to make cars into clean titles.
Old 10-17-2009, 10:57 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by minytrker
You can get salvage titles made clean out of state. Then register the clean title in TX. I have seen it done before in person. I owned a bike with a clean title that was done that way. When I went to insure it, they insured my clean titled bike as a salvage bike. There are several loop holes to make cars into clean titles.
I have heard rumors of this but I have yet to see anyone personally do it. I know when we do out of state title transfers, if the vehicle had previously been titled or even registered in Texas, our system will pull up the vehicle info just from the vin. If the vehicle has never been titled or registered in Texas, we then have to create a record to submit with the out of state title and out of state vehicle inspection form.

In short, this vehicle never had a salvage title in the state of Texas.

Quick Reply: banned for informing members of a vehicles salvage title.