Visiting Dallas/Fort Worth, What to do??

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 11:15 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 524 Likes on 372 Posts

You definately need to take the family to the Dallas World Aquarium, thats a gauranteed good time for the kids, everytime I take my son I really enjoy it as well. Pappa Bro's steakhouse is amazing, but very expensive. Expect about 40-50 dollars per adult. We have zoo's but who doesn't, for an adult evening I would check out Pete's Dueling Piano Bar in Addison, thats always a great time, its upscale mature entertainment but doesn't break the bank, they serve food also.

When my mom comes in from out of state I take her to Pappasito's off of HWY 75 for fajita's great atmosphere not too expensive and food is very very good.

Sorry dont hit the town much so cant tell you the best dallas has to offer but those are some of my favorite things.
Old 10-20-2009, 04:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would stop by Twin Peaks restaurant.They have great food.
Dallas zoo was not impressing.
Aquarium is awesome.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:50 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ryle
I hate to ask this, but I gotta keep the wife happy too... Is there a decent mall in the area??
i ditto northpark mall and mockingbird station. also highland park village.

other touristy things to do that havent been mentioned yet:
-go see where JFK got shot, 6th floor museum
-dallas museum of art

-'good' dallas bars are in uptown and on greenville ave in dallas. also some on henderson ave.
-the town of addison is resturaunt world. whatever you are looking for, you can find there.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:05 AM
TWS
10 Second Club

Sights/attractions:

Dealy Plaza (JFK)

Fort Worth Stockyards

Billy Bob's (Claimed largest Honkey Tonk in the world)

Six Flags in Arlington

The Galleria Mall near 635 and Dallas Tollway

Food:

Fogo de Chao (Brazilian steakhouse)

There's an Italian diner near Dealy Plaza that is badass, but I can't remember the name

There's also a Bucca di Beppo in or near Southlake. They are a chain, but you probably don't have them up in IL. Great Italian food and they kill you with the portions.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:17 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TWS
Sights/attractions:
Billy Bob's (Claimed largest Honkey Tonk in the world)
it might be the largest, but i think Cowboys Red River in Irving is a better bar. billy bob's has that tourist factor... every time i go there, there are young kids and the elderly there.

Originally Posted by TWS
Food:
There's an Italian diner near Dealy Plaza that is badass, but I can't remember the name
spaghetti warehouse perhaps?

also, there is an italian place in the highland park village called patrizio's. its deceptively cheap for what the place looks like it should be. inexpensive way to please the wife. and you'll see exotic cars and stuff drive by. there's almost always a ferrari/bentley/rolls/maserati/etc valet parked out front. check out their website, the prices are quite reasonable for what you get and the atmosphere.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:21 AM
TWS
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by slayer_taunu
billy bob's has that tourist factor...

Yep. That's why I listed it. Not the best, just the most "tourist attraction" of them all.

For the life of me I can't remember the name of the Italian joint. It was smallish, but damn good food.

I used to go to Dallas ~4 times/year for work for about 5 years, so I played "out of towner" there a few times. I don't have any "insiders gouge" but can look at it from a semi-tourist standpoint.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks a lot guys, you have given me some good ideas.

Sounds like we're gonna have a good time there. I also am going to do some exploring while I'm there to find the nice neighborhoods and such. As I stated, we are considering moving there. Any suggestions of decent neighborhoods, or ones to stay away from?