Need help! Gf car got stolen today.

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2009 | 03:50 PM
Staging Lane

Default Need help! Gf car got stolen today.

As the title says my girlfriends ws6 got stolen this morning in the hurst nrh area. Whats worse is the car was on a spare in the rear and the right front tire was flat. The car was there when she got home from my place at 1 this morning and when she left for work at 7 it was gone.

2000 silver ws6 6spd black leather around 130k miles. The driver side mirror was missing also.

The car wasnt in the best condition but was almost paid off. i hate this kind of stuff and now i have to see her pissed off and upset cause its gone. Anyones help would be appreciated.
Old 10-18-2009 | 04:43 PM
On The Tree

Will keep a look out in the Houston area, sucks!!! Hopefully they will find it quickly..
Old 10-18-2009 | 06:34 PM
Staging Lane

I live in hurst, i'll keep a look out.
Old 10-18-2009 | 06:36 PM
Teching In

i'm in saginaw, i'll keep an eye out! bastards...
Old 10-18-2009 | 06:47 PM
On The Tree

I didn't even think these cars got stolen, mine was picked off in allen at the movies at waters and 121 a couple weeks ago and i think the insurance company though i was behind it b/c there is an investigator on the claim. Anyhow, i saw that someone else had a car get taken from irving or something last week maybe.

How are they taking these cars without a key? There was no broken glass where i parked mine either, not that its hard to pull the window back on a fbody.
Old 10-18-2009 | 06:55 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by kwiker
I didn't even think these cars got stolen, mine was picked off in allen at the movies at waters and 121 a couple weeks ago and i think the insurance company though i was behind it b/c there is an investigator on the claim. Anyhow, i saw that someone else had a car get taken from irving or something last week maybe.

How are they taking these cars without a key? There was no broken glass where i parked mine either, not that its hard to pull the window back on a fbody.

tow trucks are what thieves have resorted to... much easier even in a public place... when people see a car getting towed they either think it's being repoed or its screwed up so they never think to say anything about it
Old 10-18-2009 | 07:30 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks to everyone.

Its the same with hers. There wasnt any broken glass or any signs of it anything. I know if a car thief wants it they will get it but i have no idea how they got it. She talked to the manager of her apartments and they have cameras outside the office, so shes gonna look at the video. Hopefully it will show something.
Old 10-18-2009 | 08:19 PM
12 Second Club

I say give her your car and go buy a Z-06
Old 10-18-2009 | 11:37 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by kwiker

I am the guy whose car got stolen in Irving. They have an investigator on my claim as well. No broken glass on the ground either. Why are f-bodies so hot these days, especially when they are going down in value after the new camaro??? I feel your gf's pain. Hopefully they find hers, they found mine.
Old 10-19-2009 | 12:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 02SStreetmachine
I am the guy whose car got stolen in Irving. They have an investigator on my claim as well. No broken glass on the ground either. Why are f-bodies so hot these days, especially when they are going down in value after the new camaro??? I feel your gf's pain. Hopefully they find hers, they found mine.
in what kinda shape?

I hope the OP finds his ole ladys car and has a gun when he does, the rest, as they say, is history. **** those pieces of ****.
Old 10-19-2009 | 12:17 AM
Launching!

In Az here. In case it makes it this far, I'll keep an eye out. It may help if you post up a pic or two. You know, so we can see EXACTLY what it looks like
Old 10-19-2009 | 08:01 AM
11 Second Club

more cars are being stolen by shady tow truck drivers just like anything else, everyone is hurting in today's Economy. When I had my cars delivered the tow truck driver was talking about how police run every car they see on tow trucks, since like someone said earlier no one ever questions cars on a tow truck.

As far as why would someone steal a WS6, same as the accord. Those parts on that car can be used on a lot of other GM cars, so chop shops like them. chop em and sell it on ebay, craigslist etc.

Hope you find the car and get it back in one piece!
Old 10-19-2009 | 06:53 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by CarsandWomen
in what kinda shape?

I hope the OP finds his ole ladys car and has a gun when he does, the rest, as they say, is history. **** those pieces of ****.
Found the whole car......minus the motor and transmission.
Old 10-19-2009 | 07:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Word, NRH here will keep a look out...
Old 10-20-2009 | 09:33 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Domsz06
When I had my cars delivered the tow truck driver was talking about how police run every car they see on tow trucks, since like someone said earlier no one ever questions cars on a tow truck.
that's good and I'm glad they're doing that, but chances are that if it's still on a tow truck, it was JUST stolen and hasn't had a chance to be reported stolen yet, so I doubt anything will come up.

get lojack people!
Old 10-20-2009 | 10:09 AM
Banned

jesus christ thats like the 2nd this month in this area... the last dude found his in arlington with no motor or tranny
Old 10-20-2009 | 10:26 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by TPRDFW
jesus christ thats like the 2nd this month in this area... the last dude found his in arlington with no motor or tranny
AND he posted that himself yesterday on this thread. . . . . . .
Old 10-20-2009 | 10:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

cars is long gone, and the people who stole it are not idiots, they wont be driving it around, its probably in a shop getting cut up right now.

sorry to hear that though.
Old 10-20-2009 | 08:54 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TPRDFW
This one makes 3 in the last 3 weeks, mine was the first in allen back on the 29th.
Old 10-20-2009 | 09:36 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah it sucks. Ive heard of a few getting taken lately. Nothing has come up and she has been talkin to her insurance for the last couple days.

Now im scared to park mine at her apartments and it get stolen also.