Please beware of XplicitPerformance

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 11:51 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

figured this thread would be gone already....

X just give the money back... fk it...
Old 10-25-2009, 12:23 PM
Staging Lane

the thing i see is dude bought a yank.but got a stank so i think that right there clears the matter up...i say do the right thing..
Old 10-25-2009, 12:28 PM
Teching In

am i the only one that thinks the t/c looks like a 300 dollar dacco???? op do not put that t/c in your ride. what happens when you do all that work and then the t/c is burned up inside and frys your tranny... ive bought one used t/c and will never do it again.
Old 10-25-2009, 12:36 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by boosted s-10
am i the only one that thinks the t/c looks like a 300 dollar dacco???? op do not put that t/c in your ride. what happens when you do all that work and then the t/c is burned up inside and frys your tranny... ive bought one used t/c and will never do it again.
Don't worry, that TC will not be going in the car. Removing the trans from a C5 corvette is a PAIN! I was going to do it on jack stands in my garage. I probably would have cried if I had to do that job twice..lol. I'm glad I decided to go the route of a procharger instead of the H/C setup because I don't even want to think about this thing being in the vette.
Old 10-25-2009, 04:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That looks like a Dacco stock replacement converter. I had one of those in my car with a th350. It was supposed to be a 2800 stall and was a stock stall. This converter might have been reflashed to stall higher, but bottom line, NOT A YANK!!!!!! If I advertise a set of Je pistons for sale, someone buys them and I ship them a set of trw's, is that right? HELL NO ITS NOT!!!! As a business take care of the customer, you will make money if you do this. Screw people and you wont be in business long. As a seller if you advertise something as a certain name brand you are held liable for your words. You should have posted unknown name converter for sale. Take responsibility for your actions.
Old 10-25-2009, 07:00 PM
Teching In

Damn that's dirty, so its a stock reflashed converter that he sold as a yank?
Old 10-25-2009, 07:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought he was a business too. When it was explained that he's just another scumbag, it made sense to me, OBVIOUSLY he's not a business or he wouild've never made it. He's just another one of the broke punks that rip people off.
Old 10-25-2009, 07:38 PM
On The Tree

Taking the color out of the equation, because any Torque Converter can be painted, that thing looks nothing like a Yank from the bottom. When the thing was originally taken out of the car, any knowledgeable person would know it wasn't a Yank...or anything remotely close to.

Back in the day, I bought some headers for my LT1 and they sat in my garage for a month or so, and then sent them off to Polydyne to get them coated. Fortunately they had another pair they were about to do for a LT1 and said they did not look like LT1 headers. I took them up to G-Force and they were LS1 headers. The seller had no clue and refunded me money instantly.

I guess it just comes down to the seller you are dealing with...and it seems like you're dealing with a hard headed one. We're all car enthusiasts here and are here to help each other out. Hopefully he does the right thing. Good luck!

John
Old 10-25-2009, 08:11 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with a refund, but the poster is also wanting all the shipping back also which is like $45 each way so its more like $500. The buyer has to take some responsibility for waiting 2 month and not confirming what he was buying in the first place is why I suggested the seller refund the $410 and the buyer eat the shipping of $90 basicly for his part of the whole waiting 2 months, and not verifiying before hand what he was buying like getting the build number and calling Yank etc...
Old 10-25-2009, 09:18 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Inspector12
I agree with a refund, but the poster is also wanting all the shipping back also which is like $45 each way so its more like $500. The buyer has to take some responsibility for waiting 2 month and not confirming what he was buying in the first place is why I suggested the seller refund the $410 and the buyer eat the shipping of $90 basicly for his part of the whole waiting 2 months, and not verifiying before hand what he was buying like getting the build number and calling Yank etc...
Fair enough. I know I should have been more responsible in knowing what I have or didn't have, so I don't have a problem paying for the return shipping if the seller would refund the $410.
Old 10-25-2009, 09:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

I thought I had a better picture of my converter but mine said Yank on the back.

Old 10-25-2009, 10:09 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Inspector12
I agree, $410 and the buyer pays shipping is fair as well. 2 months is a while and I agree the buyer must take some sort of responsibility, which he is agreeing on paying the return shipping. I don't think he intentionally ripped him off. The easiest way to clear everything is to just refund the initial payment and move on with life.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:27 PM
Teching In

x2 on buyer pays shipping, seller refunds money. Justice is served.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:45 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by sbcs10
ok so the stall works but its not a yank,right? whats the difference? and it looks like a vigilante stall to me
Look again it looks like hammered ****. If you advertise a Yank then it should be a frickin Yank not a piece of hammered **** that works. Maybe I can sell you an LS-7 and give you an old small block piece of **** that works. It appears the same to me but always there are 2 sides.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:51 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by neutron82
he waited 2 months that's why... personally i believe the op, BUT in reality he could have done anything to it in that amount of time... he could have installed it and ragged the **** out of it and then got a stock one and claim that's what he was sent and try to get his money back for his screw up... do i think this is what really happened?... no, but he should have addressed the issue when he recieved the item, there's no way around that so i think he pretty much screwed himself
Considering the guy rhat sold it didn't disput the look of the convertor when he saw the pics pretty much says that is what he sent.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:55 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ZONES89RS
Not that it tells me anything, but under that shitty black chipped and flaking paint, there is some res under there poking out.

Doesnt mean **** though.
Never mind

Last edited by badride42; 10-26-2009 at 01:04 AM.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

agreed refund his money and buyer pays shipping...
Old 10-26-2009, 06:51 AM
On The Tree

I'll even drop the Internet Crime Center complain as well as the Amex dispute if the seller would just refund me my money.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:32 AM
TECH Addict

I don't know why you guys think the buyer should pay for shipping just because he let it sit for 2 months. I have parts for my build that have been there waiting for longer than that, some times it takes time. I also think that if XP doesn't refund the buyers money they need to be banned from selling on Tech period.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

damn this thing its still going on lol fucken xp making us look bad lol ....

Quick Reply: Please beware of XplicitPerformance