1.74%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

mayweather vs pacquiao

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 08:27 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ws6toto
you still never answered my question wheres floyd mayweather and why he didnt accetp the fight after manny agrees to his demands even hes not the commisioner.

Well what I think your asking his why he has not said its on yet ??

Who knows ... Mayweather has never really been one to let anothers actions determine his..

Is he afraid?? Maybe ... A coward?? Maybe

Does he have to wait and think about getting drug tested or a way around it for months ?? No .. that was my only point .. Manny is a Badass for sure but the fact that he "may" have been using somthing to get to that level bothers me a bit ... That all Im really getting at

And Im not sure what you were asking about the Commissioner??
Old 07-19-2010, 08:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Take 2
They used the test so where do you get he was shut down ??

is your friend
well floyd was insisting on olympic style tests..the commission only uses urine test.. so mosely/mayweather did it on their own terms.. but basically the Nevada Commission was saying that what if wrong vein gets picked the day of the fight and so fourth...here is a link that i found reading it..

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-5...testing-debate
Old 07-19-2010, 08:43 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TXZ28LS1
well floyd was insisting on olympic style tests..the commission only uses urine test.. so mosely/mayweather did it on their own terms.. but basically the Nevada Commission was saying that what if wrong vein gets picked the day of the fight and so fourth...here is a link that i found reading it..

http://forum.philboxing.com/viewtopi...f=102&t=171200
Its not in the Commissions best intrest to bust the boxers that put money in there pocket really.. There is a risk at giving blood anytime so that is really a weak point they made ..

Its no different then MLB.. they never wanted to catch there guys cause Homeruns put ppl in the stands.. and that puts money in there pocket..

If Manny had to think about the testing for months he may have had something to hide..

Im not trying to **** anyone off just expressing my .02cents
Old 07-19-2010, 09:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Take 2
Its not in the Commissions best intrest to bust the boxers that put money in there pocket really.. There is a risk at giving blood anytime so that is really a weak point they made ..

Its no different then MLB.. they never wanted to catch there guys cause Homeruns put ppl in the stands.. and that puts money in there pocket..

If Manny had to think about the testing for months he may have had something to hide..

Im not trying to **** anyone off just expressing my .02cents
nah, its all good Take 2... i just think that mayweather all of a sudden brings up olympic tests when he was about to fight manny.. manny is the only guy he asks for these drug tests on.. it was almost as if he was scared to fight him..so he made these demands..now that manny agreed to them, all of a sudden mayweather doesnt want to fight..

manny basically gave mayweather a deadline to sign for the fight..mayweather never did..after the mosely fight mayweather said " NO TEST, NO FIGHT"..Then he says he wants to take 1-2 years off..blah..blah..blah.. alot of excuses not to fight.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:19 PM
On The Tree

As soon as pacquiao retires and takes that job in mexico city (forgot what he was elected for) mayweather will demand to fight him.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by rabiddog
As soon as pacquiao retires and takes that job in mexico city (forgot what he was elected for) mayweather will demand to fight him.
hes a congress man in the philippines..
Old 07-19-2010, 09:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

It's not easy to be perfect and mayweather will have his hands full but i thk he will surprise the world. Cocky dude but until someone beats him, i would be one cocky SOB myself.

Mayweather for the W!
Old 07-19-2010, 10:23 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by DarkhorSe_SS
It's not easy to be perfect and mayweather will have his hands full but i thk he will surprise the world. Cocky dude but until someone beats him, i would be one cocky SOB myself.

Mayweather for the W!
Bottom line is that Mayweather might always have that 0 in the loss column, but everyone from this time will know that he was scared to fight the best out there and dodged the fight again and again. You can't be the best until you beat the best.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

you still never answered my question wheres floyd mayweather and why he didnt accetp the fight after manny agrees to his demands even hes not the commisioner.

There were never negotiations.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Bottom line is that Mayweather might always have that 0 in the loss column, but everyone from this time will know that he was scared to fight the best out there and dodged the fight again and again. You can't be the best until you beat the best.
and Pacman fought fighters not at their natural weight and after they came off big losses.

PBF has fought better fighters than Pacman.
Old 07-20-2010, 12:16 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 2 SLOW
and Pacman fought fighters not at their natural weight and after they came off big losses.

^^^agreed
Old 07-20-2010, 12:29 AM
Teching In

There were never negotiations.

Floyd did not know

And that's the excuse.
the rest of the entire world knew except Floyd. I believe him.

just admit it, floyd never wanted the fight
Old 07-20-2010, 12:30 AM
Teching In

Floyd is afraid of:

1) Cotto
2) Antonio
3)Martinez
4)Williams
5.)and definitely Pacquiao
Old 07-20-2010, 01:07 AM
On The Tree

i read that there might be a cotto vs margarito rematch but idk
Old 07-20-2010, 01:14 AM
On The Tree

Floyd is afraid of:

1) Cotto
2) Antonio
3)Martinez
4)Williams
5.)and definitely Pacquiao

^^^ no he's not...
Old 07-20-2010, 07:38 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by diablo-Z
^^^ no he's not...
Floyd never fought Winky, Trinidad, Forrest, Cotto, Juan Vargas, Mayorga, or even Margarito.....he never fought Julio Cesar Chavez while he was still around and champion. He never fought Erik Morales or Barrera or Clottey. Floyd Mayweather Jr. takes the safe, easy, least risky route to preserve an undefeated record.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:20 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TXZ28LS1
hes a congress man in the philippines..
Damn, WAY off!!! Thanks for the correction.
Old 07-20-2010, 12:44 PM
Teching In

What does it taste like?

Seriously though, you have no sense of argument, your completely biased in your own views and refuse to accept the reality of the situation.

Face it, Mayweather is scared to fight Pacquiao. If he wasn't then this fight would have already been made. All this bullshit on testing and purses, Pacquiao agreed to all of it, and nothing was said in return from the mayweather camp, hell his manager tried to falsify that there were any terms of negotiations.

I'm not biased, I wanna see the fight just like the next person, but you cant compare a fighters record who has been ducking/dodging his whole career to someone who hasnt.
Old 07-20-2010, 12:46 PM
On The Tree

Floyd never fought Winky, Trinidad, Forrest, Cotto, Juan Vargas, Mayorga, or even Margarito.....he never fought Julio Cesar Chavez while he was still around and champion. He never fought Erik Morales or Barrera or Clottey. Floyd Mayweather Jr. takes the safe, easy, least risky route to preserve an undefeated record.
i dont think mayweather was known enough to fight chavez,forrest,trinidad,and winky............but mayweather will def beat mayorga,margarito,cotto,vargas,barrera,forrest,tri nidad,winky and MAYBE morales but idk about chavez cuz he was the best
Old 07-20-2010, 01:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Pac aggreed to testing (denied it at first b/c he is scared of needles), but he did not aggree to olympic testing, which is at random. This is the only way to test for HGH as it is out of the system in a matter of a day.

Why would Mayweather be scared of Pacquiao, do you know how much money he'll make off that fight. Speculation will only get you so far.

Quick Reply: mayweather vs pacquiao