1.74%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

mayweather vs pacquiao

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 06:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 25psi
I think we both agree that Pac is a superior boxer than Marquez(overall). I really have a hard time understanding why it is difficult for you to understand what a warmup fight means!
me? I think you mean the other guy.
Old 11-29-2009, 10:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gunna go with Mayweather. Impossible to bet against in my eyes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78-Lj...ture=rec-HM-r2
at 3:03-3:10 soo sick.
Old 11-29-2009, 10:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 92builtbird

Masterful!
Old 11-30-2009, 12:48 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 92builtbird

I will am willing to bet anyone on this site any amount of money that Mayweather would destroy Pacman period. This video is awesome and proof that mayweather is the best
Old 12-01-2009, 08:57 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ws6toto
diablo z just a curiosity how did you became a mayweather fan just two months ago your against mayweather on the marquez vs mayweather fight?

i like both fighters....wasent a fan in 2 months been seeing his fights for a long time on both jmm and mayweather....it just mayweather is a better fighter then jmm he out schooled him by far..just made me like mayweather more
Old 12-01-2009, 10:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 02sleeperz28
I will am willing to bet anyone on this site any amount of money that Mayweather would destroy Pacman period. This video is awesome and proof that mayweather is the best
nobody will take this bet.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 2 SLOW
nobody will take this bet.
Of course not. Everyone and their brother is going to talk talk talk Mayweather down, but no one will put their money where their mouth is.

It's so retarded actually. Pacman is 8/5 odds, and I doubt very many people will put money on that bet, just because of the shear fact that Mayweather will outbox him. If he doesn't KO him first. Pacman doesn't close up real well..
Old 12-01-2009, 06:16 PM
Launching!

Well, you got to look at one thing. Pacman made Delahoya afraid to come out in the what,7th,8th round? Delahoya went all 12 with May Weather and even had his moments.Pacman is too strong with the same speed or pretty damn close. It well be a great fight if it happens.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by kennyxg
Well, you got to look at one thing. Pacman made Delahoya afraid to come out in the what,7th,8th round? Delahoya went all 12 with May Weather and even had his moments.Pacman is too strong with the same speed or pretty damn close. It well be a great fight if it happens.
thank you!!the whole point ive been trying to make!!! some people arent paying attention, to the fact that when was the last time floyd has even been in a fight with somebody with the speed he has or atleast close, with KO power, and wants to fight? the only guy that i can remember off the top of my head was zab judah.. he actually won the first 3-4 rounds and i think even knocked down floyd but wasnt ruled a knockdown... he was actually looking faster than mayweather..then just stopped boxing. and floyd won every round.

i aint taking away nothing from mayweather.. ****, hes one of the best.. he and roy jones (before the rap videos) were the ones keeping boxing bigger than UFC..IMO.. the only reason im picking manny, is just cuz he comes to fight, and gets better each fight.. plus hes been destroying everybody hes fought. even in the cotto fight, he was taking cottos shots, and manny still looked fresh in the late rounds, while no words can describe how badly cotto was beaten.

Last edited by TXZ28LS1; 12-01-2009 at 08:43 PM.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:28 PM
On The Tree

but look the way oscar looked too...he looked way to skinny and weak...
Old 12-02-2009, 01:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by diablo-Z
but look the way oscar looked too...he looked way to skinny and weak...

plus, how long did it take mayweather too beat hatton? manny flatlined his *** in 2 rounds. did you see hatton trying to breathe on the knockout..LOL.

did you see cottos face after manny destroyed him? he was the bigger, stronger boxer!! everybody thought manny would get beasted.. but manny was too fast, too strong for cotto and took cottos punches. I would say hes alot stronger than mayweather also.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:50 AM
12 Second Club

i dont watch much boxing but was there talk about mayweather and mosley fighting??? i think that would be a good fight
Old 12-02-2009, 08:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TXZ28LS1
plus, how long did it take mayweather too beat hatton? manny flatlined his *** in 2 rounds. did you see hatton trying to breathe on the knockout..LOL.

did you see cottos face after manny destroyed him? he was the bigger, stronger boxer!! everybody thought manny would get beasted.. but manny was too fast, too strong for cotto and took cottos punches. I would say hes alot stronger than mayweather also.
Pacman will not hit Floyd half as much as he hit Cotto. For some reason you have no idea what defense is. Floyd is not the aggressive fighter that Pacman is, Floyd makes people look silly in the ring. Pacman just walks in and starts throwing, you can't do that against Floyd.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Fight is set as long as Manny doesn't say no....

The proposed super fight between Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather is getting closer.

Mayweather agreed to terms for the welterweight title bout on Tuesday, multiple sources with knowledge of the negotiations told ESPN.com.

The proposed date is March 13, although there is a chance it could move to May 1, sources said. Mayweather, according to a source close to him, is OK with either date.

Pacquiao and Mayweather have fought recent bouts at catch weights. However if they complete their deal, the bout would be contested at 147 pounds, the maximum for a welterweight fight, a source said.

Top Rank's Bob Arum, who promotes Pacquiao (50-3-2, 38 KOs), was flying to the Philippines on Tuesday night to meet with Pacquiao and try to close his side of the deal.

Arum spent much of Tuesday getting open issues resolved in his negotiations with Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer, who represents Mayweather, sources said. Once Arum was able to do that, he left for the Philippines and is expected back on Monday.

If the HBO PPV fight happens on March 13, it would force the tentative HBO PPV fight between light heavyweights Roy Jones Jr. and Bernard Hopkins to move to another date. Hopkins and Jones both fight Wednesday and must win for their fight to go through.

The site for Pacquiao-Mayweather remains up in the air. There is interest from Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones to bring the fight to his new stadium. There is also interest from venues in Las Vegas, including the MGM Grand (which has hosted several Pacquiao and Mayweather fights), and the Superdome in New Orleans in hosting a fight many believe will break the all-time record for pay-per-view buys, which is the 2.44 million units sold for Mayweather's 2007 split decision victory against Oscar De La Hoya.

The fight moved front and center with heavy public demand for it following Pacquiao's dominant 12th-round knockout of Miguel Cotto to win a welterweight title on Nov. 14. The victory gave Pacquiao a title in a record-breaking seventh weight division and 1.25 million pay-per-view units.

Mayweather (40-0, 25 KOs), who has won titles in five divisions, came out of a brief retirement in September to dominate Juan Manuel Marquez in a fight that generated 1.05 million buys.

Just a few days after Pacquiao's win over Cotto, Arum and Schaefer began negotiations.

One wrench in the talks was the date. Arum, Schaefer and HBO wanted to slot the fight on May 1. However, Pacquiao announced his candidacy for a congressional seat in the Philippines on Tuesday. With the election scheduled for May 10, it rules out a May 1 fight unless Pacquiao runs unopposed. Pacquiao lost the election for a congressional seat in 2007.

If Pacquiao-Mayweather isn't finalized, Arum has talked about matching Pacquiao with junior middleweight titlist Yuri Foreman, which would give Pacquiao an opportunity to win a title in an eighth division. Foreman defeated Daniel Santos to win a 154-pound belt on the Pacquiao-Cotto undercard.

Schaefer has talked about bringing Mayweather to England to match him with Matthew Hatton in the event Pacquiao-Mayweather isn't made. Hatton is the brother of Ricky Hatton, the former junior welterweight and welterweight titlist whom Mayweather knocked out in 2007.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

The proposed super fight between Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather is getting closer.

Mayweather agreed to terms for the welterweight title bout on Tuesday, multiple sources with knowledge of the negotiations told ESPN.com.

The proposed date is March 13, although there is a chance it could move to May 1, sources said. Mayweather, according to a source close to him, is OK with either date.

Pacquiao and Mayweather have fought recent bouts at catch weights. However if they complete their deal, the bout would be contested at 147 pounds, the maximum for a welterweight fight, a source said.

Top Rank's Bob Arum, who promotes Pacquiao (50-3-2, 38 KOs), was flying to the Philippines on Tuesday night to meet with Pacquiao and try to close his side of the deal.

Arum spent much of Tuesday getting open issues resolved in his negotiations with Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer, who represents Mayweather, sources said. Once Arum was able to do that, he left for the Philippines and is expected back on Monday.

If the HBO PPV fight happens on March 13, it would force the tentative HBO PPV fight between light heavyweights Roy Jones Jr. and Bernard Hopkins to move to another date. Hopkins and Jones both fight Wednesday and must win for their fight to go through.

The site for Pacquiao-Mayweather remains up in the air. There is interest from Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones to bring the fight to his new stadium. There is also interest from venues in Las Vegas, including the MGM Grand (which has hosted several Pacquiao and Mayweather fights), and the Superdome in New Orleans in hosting a fight many believe will break the all-time record for pay-per-view buys, which is the 2.44 million units sold for Mayweather's 2007 split decision victory against Oscar De La Hoya.

The fight moved front and center with heavy public demand for it following Pacquiao's dominant 12th-round knockout of Miguel Cotto to win a welterweight title on Nov. 14. The victory gave Pacquiao a title in a record-breaking seventh weight division and 1.25 million pay-per-view units.

Mayweather (40-0, 25 KOs), who has won titles in five divisions, came out of a brief retirement in September to dominate Juan Manuel Marquez in a fight that generated 1.05 million buys.

Just a few days after Pacquiao's win over Cotto, Arum and Schaefer began negotiations.

One wrench in the talks was the date. Arum, Schaefer and HBO wanted to slot the fight on May 1. However, Pacquiao announced his candidacy for a congressional seat in the Philippines on Tuesday. With the election scheduled for May 10, it rules out a May 1 fight unless Pacquiao runs unopposed. Pacquiao lost the election for a congressional seat in 2007.

If Pacquiao-Mayweather isn't finalized, Arum has talked about matching Pacquiao with junior middleweight titlist Yuri Foreman, which would give Pacquiao an opportunity to win a title in an eighth division. Foreman defeated Daniel Santos to win a 154-pound belt on the Pacquiao-Cotto undercard.

Schaefer has talked about bringing Mayweather to England to match him with Matthew Hatton in the event Pacquiao-Mayweather isn't made. Hatton is the brother of Ricky Hatton, the former junior welterweight and welterweight titlist whom Mayweather knocked out in 2007.

Hell Yeah!!!
Old 12-02-2009, 09:25 AM
On The Tree

idk man this picture made me laugh oscar sitting on his bench lol....
Attached Thumbnails mayweather vs pacquiao-pacman-over-mexican-sib.jpg  
Old 12-02-2009, 09:27 AM
On The Tree

hell yeah the fight is for sure then
Old 12-02-2009, 09:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by diablo-Z
hell yeah the fight is for sure then
I would think so, except for the fact that Manny has never said he wants to fight Floyd. I can't see how he could pass up on his biggest pay day ever though.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

Delahoya had to drop 8 just to fight Pacman. That's not a good arguement..
Old 12-02-2009, 01:15 PM
Launching!

I would think so, except for the fact that Manny has never said he wants to fight Floyd. I can't see how he could pass up on his biggest pay day ever though.

His trainer did at the end of the last fight. I don't think manny has ever said he wanted to fight someone.

Quick Reply: mayweather vs pacquiao