New job!!!! need opinons

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 10:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hawk170
Use your extra time to start your own buisiness. The MLM thing is a joke ! Seriously... you know it or else you wouldn't be asking anyone their opinions. .

I'll tell you what, this is going to be a project I'm committed to. I have my goals and I am not going to stop for anyone. Let's just say I, as an LS1tech member will test out this MLM thing and let you guys know the status in 3 months. I will report my experience, good or bad in the next few months. Like I said, I am committed to doing things in this organization by the formula they created for success. I will keep you all posted. Yes I can focus my time and efforts on another business, but this is something I am interested in. Most people who have jobs are working only to make ends meet, very few do something they wake up everyday to with a smile and look forward to doing. I can see myself waking up with a smile doing this, let's just see if it works.
Old 11-23-2009, 10:45 PM
Staging Lane

hope it works out for you man.
Old 11-23-2009, 11:14 PM
Teching In

http://www.consumerfraudreporting.org/MLM.php

Read this.
Old 11-23-2009, 11:17 PM
Teching In

here's an even better one. Called the ten lies of MLM
http://www.consumerfraudreporting.or...itzpatrick.htm
Old 11-24-2009, 12:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TPRDFW
u also own a sticker/logo company... granted yes u probably make over 100. a degree is a must for todays society
I own a sticker company? No not me, I make sure Refinery's and Nuclear power plants don't blow to peices. IE Quality Control Manager. I have been in my feild for 10 years 18 to 28. Nothing but school of hard knocks votech training and a few certs.

I find stuff wrong that the people with a ""degree"" designed and tell them how to fix it.
Old 11-24-2009, 01:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

u also own a sticker/logo company... granted yes u probably make over 100. a degree is a must for todays society
LOL, no it's not. This is my first full year in my new career (started Oct '08) and I'm going to hit almost 70k with working a 4 on 4 off schedule. And my brother doesn't have a degree and made 130k in the same field. And we both dropped out of High School. I'm not saying going to college to get a degree is stupid or a waste of time. Just that in certain fields you can get by without one.

He works for Lubrizol and I work for Magellan as Operators.
Old 11-24-2009, 01:37 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Hawk170
Are you one of those guys who believes everything they read? The best way to know about something is to do it yourself. I respect your view from consumer reports, but remember the world was also supposed to end in 2000.
Old 11-24-2009, 01:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by GOHOME
Are you one of those guys who believes everything they read? The best way to know about something is to do it yourself. I respect your view from consumer reports, but remember the world was also supposed to end in 2000.
they've really brainwashed you. tell us what company it is or what product you are selling.
Old 11-24-2009, 02:34 PM
11 Second Club

you don't have to have a degree to make money in today's society. There are lots of jobs that make a ton more money then degreed'd people make. Granted most of them also require lots of hard work.

Yes your true Most college grads to AVERAGE more then non, but you don't have to. Just depends what work you wanna do and how much work you wanna do.

MLM's are a scam though and a waste of time.
Old 11-24-2009, 02:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1995blacktattop
how do you make $75k a year working 10 hrs a week? i need something like that. even at my highest income over the last 6 years since being out of college (i'm 34) i only managed to make $29k in a single year with most years being in the 23-25k range, or less like 07 where i made $11k and 08 where i made $18k) granted i only worked half of 07 and about the same in 08
What is your degree in?

Here in Houston 40-50k is easy to make without a college degree.
Old 11-24-2009, 03:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Domsz06
you don't have to have a degree to make money in today's society. There are lots of jobs that make a ton more money then degreed'd people make. Granted most of them also require lots of hard work.

Yes your true Most college grads to AVERAGE more then non, but you don't have to. Just depends what work you wanna do and how much work you wanna do.
I would agree with you here. Usually the people that make good money (good money to me being 100k+) without a degree are extremely motivated. I think luck comes into play here too.

The main thing is who you know. Having the ability to network well will take one very far in life.

All that being said, I think everyone should get a degree. Being educated is important, and can only take you further.
Old 11-24-2009, 03:30 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Juicy J
I would agree with you here. Usually the people that make good money (good money to me being 100k+) without a degree are extremely motivated. I think luck comes into play here too.

The main thing is who you know. Having the ability to network well will take one very far in life.

All that being said, I think everyone should get a degree. Being educated is important, and can only take you further.
Yup i agree with you in what you said, just glad you agreed with me too!

I have two degrees, really don't use either of them and make good money, however still going to eventually break out on my own!

As long as you don't have a gay degree, college is not gonna lead you down the wrong road IMO.
Old 11-24-2009, 05:41 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 2 SLOW
they've really brainwashed you. tell us what company it is or what product you are selling.
Thanks 2 SLOW, I'll take that as a compliment. I have no reason to back anyone or any place I know that does not stand by their word. Like I said, it's an atmosphere of friendly people, fun, and success. I know what a majority of people think about MLM, I was one also. The attrition rate in MLM companies is what spreads the negativity of failure. This isn't for everyone, but I think it's my calling. I'm not going to post the companies name on this website because it's not how we do business. Also I'm not looking to start a debate over this on LS1tech. I'll send you a PM to answer your question.

Last edited by GOHOME; 11-24-2009 at 05:41 PM. Reason: grammer
Old 11-24-2009, 05:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I had 2 jobs that had potential for 100 a year, I am 25 and have no degree...

Had we not had a major HIT in the economy and things didn't slow down at my last job, I had a projected anual income of about 94k "ok so its less then 100"

On a job I had when I was 21/22, I had a projected annual income of 109k, and Like an idiot I quit that job to move back closer to my family since at the time I thought my dad was going to die......he's alive, ftl.
Old 11-24-2009, 07:00 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by -Ross-
"Surely, you can't be serious."
What he said
Old 11-24-2009, 09:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

I can tell you it comes down to working hard, being extremely motivated and taking risk when advancing in your career. At 28 I am over the 100K mark without a degree. Also comes down to how good can you play the game. You have to know how to work with people you hate. I have never networked to get where I am.

Something that really has helped me is a book called "The 48 Laws to Power" by Robert Greene.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1INSANEGTO
I can tell you it comes down to working hard, being extremely motivated and taking risk when advancing in your career. At 28 I am over the 100K mark without a degree. Also comes down to how good can you play the game. You have to know how to work with people you hate. I have never networked to get where I am.

Something that really has helped me is a book called "The 48 Laws to Power" by Robert Greene.
It sounds like we have similar qualities, but I really believe in networking. It has gotten me pretty far. Last year at 20 years old, I hit 65k, but this year that will get cut in half. I gave up my old job (locomotive operator), for my new job for a contractor of NASA (business analyst) because I saw a better more comfortable future in it. I do not have a college degree, but am currently working on it.

I take pride in saying that I have a hardcore work ethic, which has gotten me far. But, networking has taken me further.

lol we are getting a little off topic, but I kind of enjoy discussing this kind of thing.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What is your degree in?

Here in Houston 40-50k is easy to make without a college degree.
AAS in computer netwrking.

the highest paid job i ever had not counting the 2 month contract was $37.5k

most were ~ $25-29k

and this was in phoenix az and ft lauderdale. hardly 2 low COL areas.

my first 2 jobs out of college paid $8/hr (pc technician) and $9 and $12/hr (phone support for DSL, started at 9, raised to $12 after 90 days, but there was a weird pay scale where you got minimum wage if you weren't on a call) this was in 2003/2004.
Old 11-25-2009, 07:47 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1995blacktattop
AAS in computer netwrking.

the highest paid job i ever had not counting the 2 month contract was $37.5k

most were ~ $25-29k

and this was in phoenix az and ft lauderdale. hardly 2 low COL areas.

my first 2 jobs out of college paid $8/hr (pc technician) and $9 and $12/hr (phone support for DSL, started at 9, raised to $12 after 90 days, but there was a weird pay scale where you got minimum wage if you weren't on a call) this was in 2003/2004.
Not trying to sound like a dick here, but AAS is just an associates. If you go to school for the extra few years and get your BBA your income would double or triple. Today's world Associates is pretty much like not having anything, least in most employer's eyes.
Old 11-25-2009, 08:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

If you only work 10 hrs a week, why not just work more hours and make more money?? Sounds easy to me. Pick up extra shifts, or tell your boss to fire someone and you pick up there spot and income.

But I've tried the Advocare MLM stuff. Yeah its good if you believe in the product your selling, The stuff worked for me, so I tried to sell it. Didn't work so well. I think I spent about $1800 for stuff for me and my wife and made about a whole $9.00 on selling it. But if you have a open mind, a big month and can't stop talking and know people that know people that know people.. Then just maybe it meant work..