RIP Shawn Salazar (Saladbar)

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 10:16 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

RIP Shawn! Sad news to hear, but it is that time of year (Holidays) when it really seems that deaths happen more fequently for no real reason.
Old 11-25-2009, 10:32 PM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have known Shawn for over 10 years also. Nicest guy and fun to be around. He will be missed. We lost a wonderful young man. What a tragedy! R.I.P. Saladbar!

Im still having a hard time with this. Hits you right in the heart.
Old 11-26-2009, 01:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have no clue who he was, but it's never easy seeing someone pass so early... RIP Shawn
Old 11-26-2009, 09:02 AM
TECH Resident

RIP Shawn
Old 11-26-2009, 09:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

dont know who he is but really sux. R.I.P.
Old 11-26-2009, 10:03 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

That's terrible, big loss for all of us
Old 11-26-2009, 10:50 AM
Staging Lane

I think we should post good things about him like funny stories or moments with him to lighten the mood.
I didnt know him and I know many others didnt so this way he can be remembered by all of us.
RIP Shawn
Old 11-26-2009, 11:21 AM
Teching In

Unhappy

He was my friend, I knew way back then in 95 or so
Reminds me my days at Ennis (Metroplex)
Very Good guy
He was in Canada where about ? I am in Toronto (Canada)
Sad very Sad..............
Old 11-26-2009, 01:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

RIP Shawn! prayers go out to his family!
Old 11-26-2009, 04:29 PM
Teching In

i too knew shawn, and he was a real standup guy. could always make you laugh. very helpful person, always willing to help out a brother car enthusiast. RIP shawn
Old 11-26-2009, 05:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mir Hussain
He was my friend, I knew way back then in 95 or so
Reminds me my days at Ennis (Metroplex)
Very Good guy
He was in Canada where about ? I am in Toronto (Canada)
Sad very Sad..............

If not mistaken Shawn won SLP Day at Ennis.... RIP
Old 11-27-2009, 01:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TexasVortexx
If not mistaken Shawn won SLP Day at Ennis.... RIP
Yep, i was there that day, before I even had an F-body and Drivers license. I believe It was there when he received his nickname "Saladbar". One of the announcers must read his last name wrong. I remember the guy said something like "Saladbar? Where's the Saladbar? I dont see anything." It was pretty funny. After that, I recognized him at the meets and talked to him a few times. Last time I saw and talked to him, we were at a Jeep Cherokee meet in Grapevine not too long ago. We were supposedly there to have some fun with the Jeep guys but no one showed up. It was just my cousin, Shawn, and I at Bone Daddy's. We ate, had some beers, then left.
RIP brotha!

Old 11-27-2009, 10:01 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by flatblackz
I think we should post good things about him like funny stories or moments with him to lighten the mood.
I didnt know him and I know many others didnt so this way he can be remembered by all of us.
RIP Shawn
I remember way back in the day a bunch of us were at Denton one night racing and I lined up next to Shawn in my T/A and he in his LT1 Z28. I beat him, we pull back into the pits and he comes over with the biggest smile on his face and started talking about how fast the T/A was and congratulated me and we started talking about the LS1 and mods to my car, he was so excited. The thing I remember most about that night was his infectious smile and how genuinely nice he was. Shawn was truely a great person and will be missed by all those that knew him. RIP my friend.
Old 11-27-2009, 12:18 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Elite_Hot_Rod
I remember way back in the day a bunch of us were at Denton one night racing and I lined up next to Shawn in my T/A and he in his LT1 Z28. I beat him, we pull back into the pits and he comes over with the biggest smile on his face and started talking about how fast the T/A was and congratulated me and we started talking about the LS1 and mods to my car, he was so excited. The thing I remember most about that night was his infectious smile and how genuinely nice he was. Shawn was truely a great person and will be missed by all those that knew him. RIP my friend.
wish I could have met him my prayers go out to his family
Old 11-27-2009, 03:31 PM
11 Second Club

rip prayers sent to his family
Old 11-27-2009, 05:58 PM
Staging Lane

The world needs more people like this. RIP.
Old 11-28-2009, 08:12 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for sharing. He sounds like a guy I would have liked to have known. His family will be in my thoughts and prayers. R.I.P Saladbar! I hope you are racing with the angels!!
Old 11-28-2009, 09:07 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow. Shawn was always very helpful and I enjoyed reading about his cars/racing. We lost a good guy.

RIP Shawn.
Old 11-29-2009, 01:51 PM
11 Second Club

For the LS1TECH family that would like to attend the "Celebration of Life" and Cruise to honor Shawn, this is the latest info available....

I last spoke to Jess and Chris Friday. This is the info I posted on the TBSSOwners board and the best information for the events to honor Shawn at this time.

Originally Posted by freemaSSon
Friday Dec. 4th - A "Celebration of Life"

(No place and time as of yet but in the Collin County area of DFW and in the late afternoon/early evening as a baseline)

Saturday Dec 5th - Cruise and Photo Shoot/Track Day

I am firming up plans as of now to organize the final spot. Trying to workout a track as our ending place and have a track day in Shawn's honor. The starting point is Jordon's shop in Lewisville.

The cruise starting point is:
Momentum Race Group
1620 E HWY 121 Business
Suite #800, building "B"
Lewisville, TX 75056

For convenience I am trying to make it Denton (Northstar Dragway). Nick posted on the DFWStangs board that he would try and work from the inside to help make this happen.

I will up date this thread with details as they develop. We are making Stickers, T-shirts and a PAYPAL account for donations. It appears there is gonna be some amount of debt and expenses to settle after all is said and done. The PAYPAL account is being setup by Shawn's closest roommate for the sake of translation the executor of Shawn's estate.

As I know I will get details to this thread to keep all informed and in the loop. This is an absolutely devestating situation for Shawn's roommates not to mention the giref his mother and father are enduring.

This is a quote of Shawn's roommates posted on DFWStangs. Shawn had been an antagonist on the board for over a decade representing the BOWTIE NATION. Shawn was a great asset to the board and always represented the BOWTIE NATION with the best of behavior and the upmost of respect for the other posters. Shawn and his core circle have been on that board for years and have many many close friends that will be joining us for the CELEBRATION and CRUISE!

Originally Posted by BLACK-HT
Miss you brother........

Shawn's roomie McKinney here and it appears some type of flu/pnuemonia took Shawn away from us all. As everyone can imagine Shawns family is in total shock.

His family is adamant to have more of a "celebration of life" than a memorial. We hope to have final details soon, aiming for the "celebration" to be Monday November 30th and a follow up cruise on Saturday December 5th, perhaps at North Star? Can someone from North Star pm me, please? Maybe Ennis?

Thoughts as of tonight; have a central location meet spot at Momentum Race Group, right near Business HWY 121 and 35:

1620 E HWY 121 Business
Lewisville, TX 75056

Then cruise over to a track and have a track day on behalf of Shawn aka "Saladbar"

I would also like to setup a paypal account to help towards Shawn's family.
More details to follow . . .

McKinney

Mods can you make this a SSticky for Saladbar?
Attached is a jpeg of the OFFICIAL SALADBAR decal and T-shirt logo. Those that met him at the Nats are all too familiar with his PET MONKEY. Well we all agreed at my BRIDE's suggestion that the Monkey be the central theme in remembering Shawn. I personally love the idea and the logo Jordan came up with.

Old 11-29-2009, 07:49 PM
9 Second Club

What a shock! A buddy of mine was over just yesterday, and we were looking at videos on my camcorder...some of them were ones of Shawn's TBSS at the Motorplex I took him. Bummer.

Quick Reply: RIP Shawn Salazar (Saladbar)