who can balance weld draglites for christ sake

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 10:06 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2fast97Z
well depending on where you live i can take care of you. i have a lug centric roadforce machine at work that can balance anything. what kind of tires do you have on the skinnys? and btw those wheel weights are gonna scratch the wheels, they always do
I just went out and looked at them and they are scratched a little already where they put them on. Tire sizes are Federal super steel 657 on the skinnies and Falkens on the back both brand new. I live in Midlothian about 40 miles from you. If it don't work out tomorrow, I'll hilt you up. I'll drive there to get them right.
Old 12-16-2009, 10:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by edzsilverss
I just went out and looked at them and they are scratched a little already where they put them on. Tire sizes are Federal super steel 657 on the skinnies and Falkens on the back both brand new. I live in Midlothian about 40 miles from you. If it don't work out tomorrow, I'll hilt you up. I'll drive there to get them right.
get some lard from walmart and a piece of silk. wipe the lard on the silk and then rub thoroughly on the wheel... do this for about 10 minutes. the oils in the lard will polish out and scracthes on the wheel.....
Old 12-16-2009, 10:17 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TINKRD
get some lard from walmart and a piece of silk. wipe the lard on the silk and then rub thoroughly on the wheel... do this for about 10 minutes. the oils in the lard will polish out and scracthes on the wheel.....
are you fo real? That sounds like something you try in the bedroom lol
Old 12-16-2009, 10:26 PM
TECH Regular

Old 12-16-2009, 10:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

go do it and then get back to us....
Old 12-16-2009, 11:51 PM
TECH Resident

I would put your stock wheels on the back and go drive it and vise versa. That way you car narrow it down to 1 or 2 wheels instead of messing with all 4 every time.
Old 12-17-2009, 03:45 PM
TECH Regular

Okay, I'm back from NTB yet once again. Only three hours there today. They had a different tech in there who knew how to use the lug centric adapter and I actually helped him with every step. They all balanced out perfect. We glued the spacers on so they would not move while installing the wheels and guess what? The car still shaked like a bitch at 70 mph and up. I have taken off the rotors and as soon as my wifey gets home, I going to buy new ones. If this don't fix my problem, I'm setting the car on fire lol. Should I just try getting them turned first or go ahead and get new ones. They do have 177,000 miles on them. Wish me luck.
Old 12-17-2009, 03:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Okay, I'm back from NTB yet once again. Only three hours there today. They had a different tech in there who knew how to use the lug centric adapter and I actually helped him with every step. They all balanced out perfect. We glued the spacers on so they would not move while installing the wheels and guess what? The car still shaked like a bitch at 70 mph and up. I have taken off the rotors and as soon as my wifey gets home, I going to buy new ones. If this don't fix my problem, I'm setting the car on fire lol. Should I just try getting them turned first or go ahead and get new ones. They do have 177,000 miles on them. Wish me luck.
just buy new one's ya cheap bastard...

did you try the lard yet on those scratches?
Old 12-17-2009, 04:23 PM
TECH Regular

just buy new one's ya cheap bastard...

did you try the lard yet on those scratches?
I will. They are only 29 bux at Oreilly's with a year warranty. If they are going to warp, they will before the years up. I'll try the lard thing as soon as I get this issue taken care of. What department is the lard in lol. I know there are alot of lard asses walking around Wal Mart. Do I just cut a chunk of some fat chic?
I'll give it a try. On a side note, which way do the spacers mount? They fit both ways but I'm not sure. Does the bigger flat side go next to the rotor or the wheel?
Old 12-17-2009, 04:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

I will. They are only 29 bux at Oreilly's with a year warranty. If they are going to warp, they will before the years up. I'll try the lard thing as soon as I get this issue taken care of. What department is the lard in lol. I know there are alot of lard asses walking around Wal Mart. Do I just cut a chunk of some fat chic?
I'll give it a try. On a side note, which way do the spacers mount? They fit both ways but I'm not sure. Does the bigger flat side go next to the rotor or the wheel?
bigger fat side goes towards the hub...

and i was joking about the lard. i just wanted to see if you'd really do it and then make fun of you for wiping lard all over you wheels. lmao
Old 12-17-2009, 04:46 PM
TECH Regular

bigger fat side goes towards the hub...

and i was joking about the lard. i just wanted to see if you'd really do it and then make fun of you for wiping lard all over you wheels. lmao
I knew it you sneaky bastard. Stranger things have worked. thanks for the spacer info. That's they way I had them, just wanted to be sure. lol hey guys, where do you keep the lard, I heard it takes scratches off wheels. lol The look on their face would be priceless.
Old 12-17-2009, 04:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

let us know how the rotor thing goes... if that doesnt fix the problem then i doubt anything will... those tires are really hard to balance... good luck with what ever you have to do...
Old 12-17-2009, 05:20 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 02CamaroSSLE
let us know how the rotor thing goes... if that doesnt fix the problem then i doubt anything will... those tires are really hard to balance... good luck with what ever you have to do...
I hope it does. They guy I got them from said they didn't cause any vibration on his car. It shakes really bad when I brake hard and I think with the skinnies, like bbc said just makes it a lot easier to notice. It almost has to be the rotors. I'll post up later tonight after they are on and I've taken it for a test ride.
Old 12-17-2009, 05:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I hope it does. They guy I got them from said they didn't cause any vibration on his car. It shakes really bad when I brake hard and I think with the skinnies, like bbc said just makes it a lot easier to notice. It almost has to be the rotors. I'll post up later tonight after they are on and I've taken it for a test ride.
yeah the skinnies will make it vibrate easier because the wheels are soo small and weigh damn near nothing...
Old 12-17-2009, 11:42 PM
TECH Regular

New rotors for the ***** fukin win! I can't tell you happy I am right now. The best 60 bux I ever spent. I bought the 29 dollar brake best rotors at Oreilley's and it's like a brand new car as far as the ride. I swear my stearing is tighter as well. I took her for a spin and all is good in the hood. Stops on a dime and I took it up to about 105 just now and it was as smooth as the silk that I almost tried on my wheels. F.U .tinkrd lol (jk) ZERO shaking when I slowed down. lol Thanks so much for the pointers in here guys. I can actually get some rest now.
Old 12-18-2009, 12:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

New rotors for the ***** fukin win! I can't tell you happy I am right now. The best 60 bux I ever spent. I bought the 29 dollar brake best rotors at Oreilley's and it's like a brand new car as far as the ride. I swear my stearing is tighter as well. I took her for a spin and all is good in the hood. Stops on a dime and I took it up to about 105 just now and it was as smooth as the silk that I almost tried on my wheels. F.U .tinkrd lol (jk) ZERO shaking when I slowed down. lol Thanks so much for the pointers in here guys. I can actually get some rest now.

You're welcome. Glad that worked out for you!

BBC knows what he is talking about once in a while.

Ps I would keep your old rotors because they are prolly still good, just need resurfacing.
Old 12-18-2009, 12:28 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BadCompany VP WS6
You're welcome. Glad that worked out for you!

BBC knows what he is talking about once in a while.

Ps I would keep your old rotors because they are prolly still good, just need resurfacing.
yes sir you do. I'm keeping em. I wanted to make sure. I even super glued the spacers on the new rotors to make sure everything was true and hand sanded everything before the install .
Old 12-18-2009, 01:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

congrats
Old 12-18-2009, 11:57 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

So basically what your saying is that it's not the tire shops fault and your sorry for calling them a bunch of dipshits. LOL!!!
Old 12-21-2009, 08:12 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SLV_WS6
So basically what your saying is that it's not the tire shops fault and your sorry for calling them a bunch of dipshits. LOL!!!
Well actually no. They were not balanced until the last time. The guy finally figured out how to use the hub centric adapter. It actuall got worse every time they tried up until the very last time.

Quick Reply: who can balance weld draglites for christ sake