Corvette crash, man dies in North Harris County

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 03:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Every time a sports car wrecks, it is now a street racing incident.
Try reading some of the comments at the bottom. Some heartless ******** out there. He could have been racing and under the speed limit, or could have been trying to pass some retard on the road.
Old 12-17-2009, 03:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very true
Old 12-17-2009, 04:10 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

at least the media didn't call it drag racing.

Prayers go to the family
Old 12-17-2009, 05:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Absolutely terrible,person driving the mustang is a douche!
Old 12-17-2009, 05:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

wow the people on there are ****** dicks!!! they are pretty much saying he deserved to die since he was street racing... i hate people sometimes!
Old 12-17-2009, 06:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

HOLLY CRAP!! They just showed this on channel 13. A organ donation company called the family and asked if they wanted to donate his organs. The family hot not been notified of his death at that point.
Old 12-17-2009, 06:22 PM
Teching In

so sad. prayers out to his family during these tough times
Old 12-17-2009, 06:28 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SLV_WS6
HOLLY CRAP!! They just showed this on channel 13. A organ donation company called the family and asked if they wanted to donate his organs. The family hot not been notified of his death at that point.
That is Terrible! That company needs to be fined and all proceeds go to the family.
Old 12-17-2009, 06:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SSable
That is Terrible! That company needs to be fined and all proceeds go to the family.
Ya I could not believe it when they said it. I asked the wife if I heard correct. I could not even imagine how they felt. That is just terrible! Our prayers and thoughts go out to the family.
Old 12-17-2009, 06:38 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by bballr4567
Was his license plate LES ROL?

Pretty sad and I feel for his family.
That's what it looked like in the video on one of those links. That is crazy. I was driving next to him a couple weeks ago on Louetta. Very clean car and sounded like a cammed auto. RIP and my prayers go out to his family
Old 12-17-2009, 06:41 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 96lt1m6
...person driving the mustang is a douche!
It's kinda hard to go back and help when you know you'll get slapped with a felony and go to prison....
Old 12-17-2009, 06:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That sucks. The comments are pretty shitty on the link are pretty shitty.
Old 12-17-2009, 07:29 PM
KCS

Received 314 Likes on 212 Posts

Well, stereotypes usually come from some truth. Remember this post from about a week ago?

C6Z thought he wanted to race today...

I'm not saying that he was or wasn't streetracing, or that incidents aren't often wrongly labeled "street racing", but this seems to be pretty obviously a street race gone wrong.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by xXxSilveradoxXx
It's kinda hard to go back and help when you know you'll get slapped with a felony and go to prison....
very true... if i were in my truck and saw something like that happen, or swerved all of sudden and caused someone to get in a accident i would stop and help no prob. you know why because that is the right thing to do in my opinion... but how could you stop and help the guy when you know they are just going press charges on you and you will prob go prison... it is a tough decision but i cant blame the mustang for leaving... if i was the guy in the vette i would not want any of yall to stop and help and then yall go to prison, no thanks... they BOTH knew what they were doing... that is just my .02
Old 12-17-2009, 08:28 PM
Teching In

http://www.khou.com/news/Investigato...-79534137.html

This article states the driver of the vette hit the left curb where the road transitions from 3 to 2 lanes and then ran off the road surface. With three lanes, he had plenty of room - unless he was cut-off by the driver of the mustang. From the looks of the vette he must have been hauling a... Agreed, we should take it to the track, but I have been equally stupid and thank God it was not me.

May his soul be at peace and my prayers are toward the driver's family and friends.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Corvee
http://www.khou.com/news/Investigato...-79534137.html

This article states the driver of the vette hit the left curb where the road transitions from 3 to 2 lanes and then ran off the road surface. With three lanes, he had plenty of room - unless he was cut-off by the driver of the mustang. From the looks of the vette he must have been hauling a... Agreed, we should take it to the track, but I have been equally stupid and thank God it was not me.

May his soul be at peace and my prayers are toward the driver's family and friends.
I know where he hit. Its real dark and there are no lights just one sign on each side. By the time he realized, it was probably to late.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:28 PM
TECH Regular

the other car had noticeable damage... broken windshield and scrapes on the rims and undercarriage???... wtf, if they were "racing" how the hell would anyone be able to notice that
Old 12-17-2009, 10:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Some people just think that racing is for idiot's
but i do have to say racing is dangerous and can
take any one's life it wants to.
prayers for the family.

It's just up to the person if they want to put there life on the line for a adrenaline rush.
Old 12-18-2009, 07:17 AM
TECH Regular

Disclaimer: This is my speculation from knowing the scene very well listening to the investigator comments and carefull study of the video.

Just so you guys get a true idea of how fast he was going, his car was split apart by hitting the top of the pole and the wires. The reason the pole didn't break off at the ground is that the wireing took the brunt of the hit and it was holding the pole stronger up there than say in the middle of the pole. He did break the cables and put power out in a widespread area around here for hours. This is why the photographer slowly pans the height of the pole to give you the idea of how high the car flew. The far left lane ends with one sign and yellow paint telling you to merge right. At the speeds they were going, which is enough to fly a vette that hit's a small ramp shaped curve and embankment and catches air, he probably saw this too little too late. I think he had contact with the other car trying to get over at the last second. How the other car managed two withstand this impact and some subsequent curb scraping at those speeds means the driver was very skilled or just stupid lucky. They found broken glass from the other car and scraping marks from the other cars tires and wheels on the road resulting from this accident. Hell the vette may have scraped the roof of the other car as it was lifting off if the glass was from the other cars windsheild.

If they weren't racing, then there was just a vette and a stang cruising along well into the triple digits next to each other and somehow were so distracted by something else that they missed the fact that the lane ended.

He could have been wearing a seat belt but it wouldn't have mattered if the parts of the car holding the belt go in different directions.

Again, this is purly speculation but I beilieve it's probably accurate.

Vernon

Last edited by Manic Mechanic; 12-18-2009 at 07:31 AM.
Old 12-18-2009, 07:55 AM
11 Second Club

because street racing sells stories, and gets people to work on laws to make more laws blah blah blah! I hate the media how it twists the truth to sell a story.

Quick Reply: Corvette crash, man dies in North Harris County