Moving to Longview next month, From Chicago...Whats around here???

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 11:04 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Still looking for a shop...any suggestions??? I've heard a lot about Texas Speed but they are a few hundred miles away...
Old 01-24-2010, 03:17 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by winger4800
Still looking for a shop...any suggestions??? I've heard a lot about Texas Speed but they are a few hundred miles away...
there is a shop called East Texas Muscle Cars that has a dyno, i think they charge 30 bucks for a pull and extra for tuning

friday and/or saturday nights some people like to hang out at wingstop on the loop and gilmer road, but for the most part, longview is kinda boring

if anyone in longview wants to hang out let me know cause i drive around on the weekend looking for races and hangouts
Old 01-24-2010, 03:41 PM
Launching!

def go to east texas muscle cars...
Old 01-24-2010, 05:21 PM
Launching!

Sweet thanks for the input! I'm moving the weekend of feb 13 so about a week or two from then I'll be settled in and ready to meet up. I don't think I'll be very far from wing stop either, I'm off of the loop and judson rd I believe...
Old 01-25-2010, 04:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Alot of nice cars in that area,

Knew someone back in High School from their with an Orange 68 Charger and a Silver LT1 Camaro,
Old 01-25-2010, 07:56 PM
Launching!

Holy Hell ETMC is only a couple minutes from where im moving to!!! It'll be just like up here where im 10 minutes from Speed Inc...
Old 01-26-2010, 06:27 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by winger4800
Holy Hell ETMC is only a couple minutes from where im moving to!!! It'll be just like up here where im 10 minutes from Speed Inc...
where are you moving to?
Old 01-26-2010, 09:19 AM
Launching!

Bramlette. It's near judson And the loop.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:29 AM
On The Tree

Do not go to ETMC for anything other than to use the dyno! Allstar Muffler asli has a dyno.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:41 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by burnout346
Do not go to ETMC for anything other than to use the dyno! Allstar Muffler asli has a dyno.

why is that???
Old 01-26-2010, 11:01 AM
On The Tree

PM me when you get into town and I'll let you know.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:34 PM
Teching In

We have a big fbody club in tyler. There is a lot more to do in tyler then in longview imo. I cruse atleast 3 times a week. There isnt any good speed shops around hear (for now). I own X-Scream performance here in texas but I am a LSX performance parts manufacturer so I dont have a dyno (yet). I am also from Chicago and I moved my business down here about 2 years ago. Everyone is right there isnt much to do around here. We have a drag strip and Clicks in tyler is a cool bar with a bunch of good rock bands coming through Im there alot. Also the pub is a great place to hang with the ladies but the music sucks imo. Stay away from the strip bars on HWY 31 (enless you like watching pregnet chics dance) LMFAO. Well anyways its nothing like Chicago and if you are anything like me you will miss home dearly. I miss the clubs, chics, the lake, people, lake shore drive, and DA BEARS. But you will come to love it here too. Just hit me up if ya need anything when ya get here, Ill show ya around and we can go stang hunting. You can call me at 708-724-9545 its my cell (ya its still a Chicago area code I couldnt bring myself to change it LOL) Just let me know when ya get here.

Justin
Old 01-29-2010, 09:09 PM
Launching!

Thanks for the info! I will definitely hit you up when I'm down there in A few weeks (along with everyone else that has replied too!) and just like you I don't think I can part with my 630 area code lol. DA BEARS!! (and go Sox!!!!)

Originally Posted by jsremmos
We have a big fbody club in tyler. There is a lot more to do in tyler then in longview imo. I cruse atleast 3 times a week. There isnt any good speed shops around hear (for now). I own X-Scream performance here in texas but I am a LSX performance parts manufacturer so I dont have a dyno (yet). I am also from Chicago and I moved my business down here about 2 years ago. Everyone is right there isnt much to do around here. We have a drag strip and Clicks in tyler is a cool bar with a bunch of good rock bands coming through Im there alot. Also the pub is a great place to hang with the ladies but the music sucks imo. Stay away from the strip bars on HWY 31 (enless you like watching pregnet chics dance) LMFAO. Well anyways its nothing like Chicago and if you are anything like me you will miss home dearly. I miss the clubs, chics, the lake, people, lake shore drive, and DA BEARS. But you will come to love it here too. Just hit me up if ya need anything when ya get here, Ill show ya around and we can go stang hunting. You can call me at 708-724-9545 its my cell (ya its still a Chicago area code I couldnt bring myself to change it LOL) Just let me know when ya get here.

Justin
Old 01-29-2010, 09:17 PM
10 Second Club

A guy i work with is trying to get me to come down to the longview area with my car and do some racing but i don't think their is anything down there worth the drive????
Old 01-29-2010, 11:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just like everywhere 10 years ago Longview had a pretty good car scene and a LONG cruising strip
Old 01-30-2010, 01:24 AM
On The Tree

I wish the best for your dad.

However, if you want a night life, you're going to miss Chicago. I lived in the center of downtown Houston(Main/Capitol) at St. Germain Lofts above the flying saucer and moved out 5 years ago. Thought it was neat, until I started taking the girlfriend to Chicago 3 years ago. We go twice a year now. DFW, Houston, and ATX are not Chi-Town. ATX has a little more diversity, but it's pretty dirty and most parts revolve around the college seen. Parts of Fort Worth and parts of Dallas are nice. However, the social scene with regards to mid 20's has a lot to do with money/status.

If you are not looking for the social scene, then Dallas is a nice City. I visit 4-5 times a year for business and family. There are a lot of nice Fbody/c5/mustang clubs in the area. Quite a few tuners too, LG, East Texas, Corvettes of Dallas, Etc. And Ennis is not a bad track either.
Old 01-30-2010, 01:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i've never really been out of houston but i feel that houston has a bunch of bad *** shops around here, LMR being one of the best G-force is a bad *** shop too... houston has a bad *** car scene just about everyweekend... if you search the boards before the weekend you will prob find a cruise/car meet/ fun run/ races... i wouldnt move outta the houston area for anything much less move out of texas!!! i feel the texas has everything to offer, if you want snow go in the pan handle, you want warm or slightly hot weather move south, we have beaches, have bad *** camping and rivers :cough frio river cough:, speed shops, races, drag strips everywhere.... not really sure why everyone doesnt move to texas lol
Old 01-30-2010, 03:08 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 02CamaroSSLE
i've never really been out of houston but i feel that houston has a bunch of bad *** shops around here, LMR being one of the best G-force is a bad *** shop too... houston has a bad *** car scene just about everyweekend... if you search the boards before the weekend you will prob find a cruise/car meet/ fun run/ races... i wouldnt move outta the houston area for anything much less move out of texas!!! i feel the texas has everything to offer, if you want snow go in the pan handle, you want warm or slightly hot weather move south, we have beaches, have bad *** camping and rivers :cough frio river cough:, speed shops, races, drag strips everywhere.... not really sure why everyone doesnt move to texas lol
As far as snow goes, yeah, Chicago is rough. We had -18 wind chill when we were on the magnificant mile last year before Christmas. Loved every minute of it.

There is nothing like the spirit of Chicago. I love partying with boats tied up on Lake Michigan in the summer time. LBJ, Travis and Lake Austin are nice during holidays, but the boat parties on Michigan are much more fun, and don't have the frat crowd, for the most part.

The hill country is nice. I have a family river house in Spring Branch, on the Guadalupe, north of SA. The scene is nice, but I just can't stand to be around the bubbys

Last edited by winters97gt; 01-30-2010 at 01:20 PM.
Old 01-30-2010, 10:08 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by winters97gt
We had -18 wind chill:
This is one of the reasons I moved away from there. I like Chicago ,lots to do there, sometimes I miss Michigan Ave and Lower Wacker and Navy Pier and the Field Museum and Chicago style pizza but you can keep the winters with the wind and the salt 5 months out of the year.
Old 01-30-2010, 12:16 PM
Launching!

Winters- Thank you, I appreciate it!

I wont miss below freezing temps! And Ill be able to drive the t/a pretty much all year round, also for once I can take the t tops off in FEBRUARY!!!