Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 01:44 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sucks man sorry to hear that.
Old 02-08-2010, 01:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

damn dude..I can't imagine losing my 10yrs old black lab/terrier...........
Old 02-08-2010, 01:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks I almost started to cry reading this....

R.I.P. puppy dog!
Old 02-08-2010, 07:59 AM
Staging Lane

All dog's go to heaven man!
Old 02-08-2010, 08:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We had a Rhodesian Ridgeback for 15 years. The day we had to put her down was as difficult as the day my Dad died. We put her down 3 years ago.

Time will help, but the loss will be felt for a long time.

After about 6 months, we got another dog. She is great and have grown equally attached to her. But we still call her by the Ridgeback's name on occasion. You can't have a member of the family for that long and just forget.

Hang in there, man.
Old 02-08-2010, 10:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SuperSam
Ppl talk **** because they say....It's a dog. Not me, i've been in the same situation...rip.
Originally Posted by flippincamaro
My dogs are def like family!
Agreed, Sorry for your loss man. Almost lost mine about a month back. Its extremely hard to see your dog asking for help. I know what thats like, not being able to tell them everythings going to be ok. May she rest in peace, and where ever she is, i'm sure shes waiting for you...
Old 02-08-2010, 11:58 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 1QWK408
Had to put my 8 year old boxer to sleep today due to a infection no one knows how to cure. My dog was fine yesterday woke up this morning and she would not come out of her dog house hardly had any energy and was breathing heavily like she couldnt get no air to her. Took her to the vet and did blood work come to find out she was inemick how ever you spell it and that her white blood cells were over taking the red blood cells. And after finding that out my heart dropped cause he said 90% of dogs that get to this stage will not survive even if you spent 10's of thousands of dollars to do test and antibiotics to cure it. And let me tell you thats the hardest descition to make when shes staring at you asking you to help her and having to sign a paper to have her put to sleep it just killed me. Goes to show you one day your here the next gone. Just had to share that with yall

boxer are the best ... then labs to me but i miss mine too !!!!
Old 02-08-2010, 12:07 PM
Launching!

Sorry for your loss dude!
Old 02-08-2010, 12:20 PM
On The Tree

sorry to hear man ive got a boxer and hes 8 too, ill always keep a close eye on him, as well as my doberman, again sorry for your loss
Old 02-08-2010, 12:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

[QUOTE=
PS. They aren't just dogs! My two pits are closer than 90% of humans in my life. I would take someone elses life before I let them take one of my dogs lives, and that is the truth.[/QUOTE]

My 8 1/2 yr old male red nose pit "Able" is my best friend...he is sick as I type this and I have a appt. tomorrow at 5pm..alot of vomiting and not eating..I train BJJ/muay thai and would love to meet ANYONE who fights these dogs in a "ring" of our own...with that said....

SOOOO sorry for your loss brother but you gave your dog the best life it could have had..and you will get a special new friend if you choose and begin another AMAZING bond with "Mans best friend"
Old 02-08-2010, 12:29 PM
TECH Regular

^^ ya i had to put our pit down 2 months ago... she mauled my mom and almost killed her... and even after that and my mom being scared for life she said she missed the dog.. poor thing had been abused when we got her, had her for 2 years and it slept with my mom every night.. my mom fell and knocked herself out and was bleeding and the dog did what its instincts told it (from what ive read they maul their injured pups.. survival of the fittest they think).. now every one ofcourse blames the breed.. really sucks she was by far the sweetest dog i have ever met.. still miss that dog so much

and do not turn this into a pitbull bashing thread.. the dog did not attack her.. didnt go for throat or arms or anything.. just chewed where the blood was unfortunately her entire scalp :/..
Old 02-08-2010, 02:33 PM
TECH Addict

I feel your sorrow. I have a 3 1/2 y/o female Boxer, her name is Phoenix. My dog has more personality and is smarter than half the people I know, lol. As someone else has already said all dogs go to heaven and she'll be there waiting for you with that stub going a million miles an hour. Hang in there.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:06 PM
Staging Lane

thank you everyone for your sempathy and concern i dont think i can move on right away wouldnt want her to think i was replacing her and didnt care ill eventually get another boxer later on doewn the road there the best family dog a man can have im sorry for all yalls losses as wel so yall know what im going through it hard but you have to move on and believe me i drank my feelings away tell i could feel no more. lol ill let yall know when i get another one ill post pics but thanks again to everyone for listening to me.

Brian
Old 02-08-2010, 08:21 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i wouldnt be abel to live wiht myself if that had to happen i would waste every diem i had to save my dog. i feel your pain and i am greatly sry fro your loss. people do nto realize the bonds we get with our companions. gettign ridign buddies, shop buddies or just a plain out badass buddies you have my condolences
Old 02-08-2010, 08:48 PM
"All Motor 9 Second club member"

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man I hate to hear that. It is an incredilbly difficult decision, but you did the right thing and the suffering has ended.

We had to put our Rotty down a few years ago due to similiar circumstances and I do feel your pain.

Old 02-08-2010, 08:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'v had a boxer for 3 years..

I couldn't even think about this, it would tear me apart.

sorry for your loss!
Old 02-17-2010, 09:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Sorry for your loss. I know how you're feeling. Hopefully, time will heal your wounds.

We lost our dog Sunday.

She was only 2 years old. She never had any problems. I let her out Sunday morning (she slept in the house in her bed by our bed) and she seemed just fine as usual. My wife and daughter dropped me off at the aiport at 10:00am, went shopping for a while and when my wife went to let her in when it was starting to get dark, she did not come. My wife went outside and found her laying in the yard. No evidence of anything...no vomit (from eating anything toxic), nothing. We can only guess she may have had some undiagnosed heart condition or something. It tears me up I was not there to take care of things, but my dad took care of everything.
She was a great dog. She was amazing with kids...so loving with everyone. I'm so glad she was a part of our family for 2 years.

RIP, Hannah
(pic from when she was about 3 months)
Old 02-22-2010, 08:20 PM
Launching!

I have a 10 year old Shar Pei. She is an awsome dog! Best dog I've ever had. Can't imagine when I will have to put her down. I feel for ya man!
Old 02-22-2010, 08:28 PM
Banned

wow man im really sorry ive put my old lab down and that was the hardest thing ive ever done.. i hope i never have to do it to my other labs sorry to hear that
Old 02-22-2010, 08:51 PM
Launching!

Sorry for your loss man...I have a Lab/Sharpei mix thats near 14 now and starting to slow down...Pets are as big of a loss as a person is in my eyes...