Lost my best friend today

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 10:53 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lost my best friend today

Had to put my 8 year old boxer to sleep today due to a infection no one knows how to cure. My dog was fine yesterday woke up this morning and she would not come out of her dog house hardly had any energy and was breathing heavily like she couldnt get no air to her. Took her to the vet and did blood work come to find out she was inemick how ever you spell it and that her white blood cells were over taking the red blood cells. And after finding that out my heart dropped cause he said 90% of dogs that get to this stage will not survive even if you spent 10's of thousands of dollars to do test and antibiotics to cure it. And let me tell you thats the hardest descition to make when shes staring at you asking you to help her and having to sign a paper to have her put to sleep it just killed me. Goes to show you one day your here the next gone. Just had to share that with yall
Old 02-07-2010, 10:56 PM
Launching!

Had a boxer for 13 years. Best dog I ever had. Sorry for your loss.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:57 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks alot man she was the best
Old 02-07-2010, 10:58 PM
Launching!

Ppl talk **** because they say....It's a dog. Not me, i've been in the same situation...rip.
Old 02-07-2010, 11:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

damn thats awful, i dunno if i could do that. very sorry for you
Old 02-07-2010, 11:02 PM
Staging Lane

im so sorry for your loss. some ppl think that it is just a animal but i know our dog is part of the family....
Old 02-07-2010, 11:03 PM
Staging Lane

let me tell you i didnt want to do it if i had the 10000 dollars to spend i would have tried my hardest to save her bad things happen to good people and good dogs
Old 02-07-2010, 11:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I understand how you feel...its just incredible how we get attached to our pets... may she rest in peace.
Old 02-07-2010, 11:06 PM
12 Second Truck Club

know how u feel, my wife is a vet tech, i hear about people all day, and how upset they are. The doctors dont like doing it, but they know whats best...keep ur head up.
Old 02-07-2010, 11:22 PM
12 Second Club

Sorry to hear this man, I have two boxers and they are like family members to me. I would be pretty tore up in your situation as well. Ill be out in H town next weekend with my pups. If you think it would make you feel better you can come and hang out with my dog at the park or something. Thats about all I can do bro. Sorry for your loss.
Old 02-07-2010, 11:26 PM
Teching In

sorry for your loss, pop open and beer and just remember how great she was when she was with you
Old 02-07-2010, 11:40 PM
11 Second Club

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Sorry to hear that. animals are really amazing things, the bond we form with them is strong, stronger than a bond that can be formed with inanimate objects - it really is love.
God, putting down a dog is such a hard decision. I hated myself for having to make that call, it felt like it wasn't fair.

She was lucky to have an owner that cared about her, and you were lucky to have the privilege of bonding with her.
I wish you well.
Old 02-07-2010, 11:42 PM
Staging Lane

I'M sorry for your loss. I have a 9 yr old boxer I got as a puppy for Xmas when I was 12. She's had problems o er the years, we even had to neuter her first time she went into heat due to problems. But boxers are prone to cancer and alot of health problems and they're life expectancy is only 8-10 yrs. My heart goes out to you. Like what guy abov said. Grab a cold one, drink it in memory of your bestfriend. Goodluck buddy. And goodnight
Old 02-07-2010, 11:52 PM
On The Tree

Its hard for everybody. My best suggestion for you is get a puppy. A new puppy will let you move on and let you have love for a dog.
Old 02-08-2010, 12:21 AM
Launching!

I had a great dane named Dexter for 11 years and he was the best dog a man could ask for. I now have 2 pit bulls one male that's 11 months and one female that's 3 months and they both mean the world to me I don't know what I'd do if I lost them. Sorry for your loss my suggestion would to be to try and keep your head up and maybe look into getting another dog to take her place.

Kody-
Old 02-08-2010, 12:34 AM
TECH Regular

man im so sorry ive had to deal with this a few times and it never gets easier. For some reason its harder for me to see and animal in pain that a human. Because atleast the human can understand whats going on but animals are just helpless.. band like you said the dog just has this sad confused "help me" look and it just kills you every time :/

again so sorry man
Old 02-08-2010, 01:23 AM
On The Tree

I had a Dalmatian that we had for ever since she was a pup, had to put her down 2 years ago, it was hard. I got a new Dalmatian puppy from the same breeder and family as my other one. Hes about a year old now and great. It's hard.

best of luck to you man
Old 02-08-2010, 01:28 AM
On The Tree

i have a tattoo of my pug that passed on my wrist, and people always say that its crazy, but honestly, they are a part of my family and I will never forget her. It hurts more to lose an animal, than to lose a family member sometimes (person).thats just me i guess
Old 02-08-2010, 01:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have never put down a dog I'm close to.. Our boxer was put down when I was still like 6, don't remember it..

The first dog that was ever "mine" was put down around 2 months ago. She was perfectly fine jumping around and what not and BAM two weeks later couldn't walk. The cancer started at her rear and worked its way through her body in a matter of days swelling her rear/stomach to three times the normal sizes.

My mom is a vet and I never knew how hard it was for people to do that kind of thing to their animals but knew it would suck. Suck is a MAAAAJOR understatement. I walked in her work and started BALLING my eyes out. It was honestly one of the worst things I have ever gone through.

On a good note, aboute 6 months earlier she almost chocked to death (literally seconds away from dying) and I saved her life. Her leash had got tangled and was so tight it took me almost three minutes (or so it felt) to get a knife blade under it to cut it. It was VEEEEERY intense. My mom was scream shes dying and I was letting out (like in the movies) a cry saying "NOOOO" out of pure frustration.. It was the MOST intense thing I have ever been through.
I dread the day I have to go through something like this with a human being. I have yet to lose someone close to me, hope it is a long while before I do have to deal with it.

PS. They aren't just dogs! My two pits are closer than 90% of humans in my life. I would take someone elses life before I let them take one of my dogs lives, and that is the truth.
Old 02-08-2010, 01:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My dogs are def like family! If dogs could talk there has been several times Id been in trouble from letting out an just having someone to talk too, We lost our Princess a few years back she was almost 16, Man she even rode in my cars with me to go hang out with friends a do things we shouldnt have been doing, Hell I think she was there the first time I got high!! I do miss her, Its hard loosing em, Best of luck man R.I.P to your buddy