Car fell off dyno at school

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 04:46 PM
8 Sec Tuner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by retardedpenguin
Yeah, because the car is totally going to go flying out of control. Once the wheels hit solid ground they will stop. It might go a little ways but not enough to kill someone, if someone wants an example then watch Mythbusters where they drive a car on a highway into the trailer. Once the tires hit the trailer the car doesn't shoot inside. Good old Newtons laws.

I guess it just all depends on how you look at it. Is welding class safe? Is metal fab safe? Is chemistry class safe? The dyno is a lot safer than welding machines, big *** grinders and deadly chemicals, I know because I have been in all those classes. Hell the dyno is probably the safest thing about our Ag classes.

We learned our lesson and now we know how to properly strap a FWD car, it wont happen again. Like everything else in life, if something breaks or whatever, you fix it. You don't bitch and cry, you learn from your mistakes, suck it up and move on. Also having the teacher "severely reprimanded" isn't going to teach us a damn thing, this class is the ONLY reason why I actually enjoy school.

Safety is the main concern in this class, Michael, Thomas and everyone else that was in that class can all agree with that but Larson isn't our baby sitter, sometimes **** happens.

If you read my post. You will see that I said " I would never stand next to a car while dynoing!"
Old 03-10-2010, 06:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by _Zac

Secondly, Pennys point is a properly calibrated dynojet will yield similar numbers to any other properly calibrated dynojet. That's why a correction factor is always used for comparisons. However, yes many operators can trick the dyno into reading higher numbers and I suspect that one of these two things is to blame in this case.
The dyno at the shcool is not a doynjet.
Old 03-10-2010, 06:43 PM
TECH Pimp

Originally Posted by 97camaross
The dyno at the shcool is not a doynjet.
Well what brand is it then? I know it's not a load bearing mustang or it would be putting out worse numbers, not better.

Also, don't assume because I took that class I know what the dyno looks like. I took that class almost ten years ago. There was no dyno back then lol.
Old 03-10-2010, 06:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well what brand is it then? I know it's not a load bearing mustang or it would be putting out worse numbers, not better.

Also, don't assume because I took that class I know what the dyno looks like. I took that class almost ten years ago.
well I graduated in 08 and that's when they were just putting it in but I have been up there several times since. It is a land and sea dynomite. here is the link to their website http://www.land-and-sea.com/
Old 03-10-2010, 07:33 PM
On The Tree

Also, don't assume because I took that class I know what the dyno looks like. I took that class almost ten years ago. There was no dyno back then lol.

Zac, why are you picking on the little high school kids, you know that they know evything these days don't you?
Old 03-10-2010, 07:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ProStreet_632
Zac, why are you picking on the little high school kids, you know that they know evything these days don't you?
are you talking about me?
Old 03-10-2010, 08:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 97camaross
are you talking about me?
Haha, not exactly little. What are you, like 6'7? I am about 6'4 and you tower over me.

Also Mike I didn't direct anything at you, you are clearly the expert here.

And most of those kids yelling and whatnot aren't in our class, they are in the A/C and intro class. They are all a lot younger than us so of course they are going to be a little more immature. Kids are kids, no point to bash any of us, it's not like y'all were any different.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:19 PM
TECH Pimp

Originally Posted by ProStreet_632
Not nearly as much I knew when I was their age that's for sure!
Old 03-10-2010, 08:27 PM
TECH Pimp

Originally Posted by retardedpenguin
Kids are kids, no point to bash any of us, it's not like y'all were any different.
Ehhhh.. Not really..

Respect earns respect.

I know I had plenty of it for the older guys that critiqued my behavior when I was 18. You can't learn anything with your mouth open, especially if you're too busy making excuses for other people’s immature actions.

By defending them you only put yourself in line next to them. Just some friendly advice you'll learn sooner or later. Might as well be now.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ehhhh.. Not really..

Respect earns respect.

I know I had plenty of it for the older guys that critiqued my behavior when I was 18. You can't learn anything with your mouth open, especially if you're too busy making excuses for other people’s immature actions.

By defending them you only put yourself in line next to them. Just some friendly advice you'll learn sooner or later. Might as well be now.
that is very true
Old 03-10-2010, 08:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ehhhh.. Not really..

Respect earns respect.

im not trying to jump in the lions den here, but i dont believe 97camaross was defending the "immature kids" he was defending the teacher, due to somones comment about the teacher being "severly repremanded"... the fact is the car fell off the dyno, luckily no one got hurt, second the teacher is def. strict about saftey, we have had many cars on the dyno and never had one fall off, but then again that was the frist FWD car too (to my knowledge)... like i stated in the first page, most of those kids in that class are a joke, including that eclipse kid, he goes to the home depot meet reving his car and racing him self out of the parkin lot... and like stated before, there is only so much you can try and do to keep those kids inline, and you have to remember that it is a public school and teachers dont have the man power to babysit, even though i do agree some of those kids need a baby sitter... im sure most of yall older guys know more than me or my friend, but remember we still are young and still learning, as the same with yall, im sure yall learn something almost everyday, and were prob just about the same, maybe not the exact but in diff ways...

Mike - never thought about driveshafts breaking and stuff like that, i will take that into consideration the next time we dyno, and let my teacher know about everything that people are saying, you are def. the expert on dyno and dyno saftey, so i will take your advice on any of your knowledge.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah Mike, usually you don't think about drive shafts and whatnot flying out during dyno's, next time we all know to be a little safer. I just hope we get to dyno again pretty sure.

Ehhhh.. Not really..

Respect earns respect.

That's understandable. We like to have fun and what not but we are good kids. Unfortunately this video doesn't make a good first impression.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:25 PM
TECH Pimp

I was never good at first impressions myself, but that's what you get when you're a smart *** like me.

lol I'd say you guys are handling yourselves just fine given the circumstances.
Old 03-11-2010, 01:25 AM
TECH Junkie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qu51vkm0SuQ

the car reminded me of this

Quick Reply: Car fell off dyno at school