2011 Duramax = 397 hp and 765 tq!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 09:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TAtoad
but it still can't carry as much and can't tow as much as ford :\. Ford still has a big advantage due to its twin turbo set up. GM has an upper hand with its Allison Trannys, but dodge has the Cummins/Aisin combo. I am a GM fan, but if i were getting a diesel truck, it'd probably be a Cummins. Ford builds their own drivetrains, that would steer me away from them.
now for the avg person, think about this, im saying this very nicely by the way, im just emphasizing... WHAT IN THE HELL ARE YOU GOING TO TOW THAT WEIGHS OVER 20,000lbs??????

the only people that i could see buying the ford over the GM diesel is because they are a hot shot driver... my personal opinion on the 3, i would get the chevy duramax east, WAY more comfterable than the dodge or ford yes even the king ranch... i have been in all three and the chevy takes the cake, IMO...
Old 03-10-2010, 09:10 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by -Ross-
Nice stock numbers, but a Dodge will do those numbers with a tuner on the low (tow) setting. GM simply made the very minor tweeks from the factory.

Honestly, if I was buying brand new right now, I'd probably go with the Ford. I'm sure the 2011 Dodge will be rated right up there with Ford and GM.

Here's my weak *** tuned Dodge (Mega Cab 4x4) on the highway. Notice, the mph needle shows no signs of slowing down anytime soon. I had to let off because of traffic in front of me.
Not bad for a truck that weighs nearly 4 tons.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZZi4wt2O_0

The new 6.7 cummins sux!!!!
Old 03-10-2010, 09:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 02CamaroSSLE
now for the avg person, think about this, im saying this very nicely by the way, im just emphasizing... WHAT IN THE HELL ARE YOU GOING TO TOW THAT WEIGHS OVER 20,000lbs??????

the only people that i could see buying the ford over the GM diesel is because they are a hot shot driver... my personal opinion on the 3, i would get the chevy duramax east, WAY more comfterable than the dodge or ford yes even the king ranch... i have been in all three and the chevy takes the cake, IMO...
I use to live out in the country and most everyone put their trucks to use with horse trailers, hay bales and such. And it's not how much you can pull, it's also how comfortably you can pull it. Those new trucks can pull a car and trailer like it's not even there, but my step dads Dakota is a life or death experience. But yeah, it is getting a little silly. Trucks are starting to surpass what most people use them for in towing.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If I had loads of money I'd stick one in my goat.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by retardedpenguin
I use to live out in the country and most everyone put their trucks to use with horse trailers, hay bales and such. And it's not how much you can pull, it's also how comfortably you can pull it. Those new trucks can pull a car and trailer like it's not even there, but my step dads Dakota is a life or death experience. But yeah, it is getting a little silly. Trucks are starting to surpass what most people use them for in towing.
you could tow a 30' gooseneck with hay bales with a 3500 duramax with out exceeding the towing limit... BUT really it's all up to which truck you like the best, me it's GM but everyone has their own opinion so no matter which truck you like it's not worth argueing the facts with people cause it's all personal opinions... im a chevy guy so of course ill stick with the GM product...
Old 03-10-2010, 10:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What year are they going to implement the catalyst fluid tank for emissions? I wouldn't touch a new diesel truck right now!
Old 03-10-2010, 10:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pwebbz28
What year are they going to implement the catalyst fluid tank for emissions? I wouldn't touch a new diesel truck right now!
explain? i've heard a couple of truck guys tell me that the new diesels have too much emissions and stuff like that but i dont know much about diesels and so yeah... although i do want like a 04-07 classic CC duramax 4X4 that is my dream truck...
Old 03-11-2010, 07:07 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by LoudGM
The new 6.7 cummins sux!!!!
What an intellectual statement.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Very good point there. But i'm just saying man, what IF i needed to tow that much? What if man lol. I agree with your comfort statement, chevys are sweet inside i think.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

explain? i've heard a couple of truck guys tell me that the new diesels have too much emissions and stuff like that but i dont know much about diesels and so yeah... although i do want like a 04-07 classic CC duramax 4X4 that is my dream truck...
YUP gotta love that duramax 2 or 4WD I really love mine !

But the new cummins are nice but dodge's are built to cheap for me every one i've been in hurts my back plus the dash and doors looks cheap I can just go on......But they do look good !

And the fords have been down since the 7.3 I think the new ones have been nothing but trouble I have a buddy that's a ford mechanic. And he even told me not to buy a FORD LOL, he said go with a cummins but I already gave my reason I didn't go that way and i'm GM all the way !
Old 03-11-2010, 11:25 AM
TECH Resident

A Chevy guy I know has a Dodge with the cummings, but he said ONLY get it in a manual. Dodge's autos suck (or at least used to).
Old 03-11-2010, 11:27 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by sway99bird
But the new cummins are nice but dodge's are built to cheap for me every one i've been in hurts my back plus the dash and doors looks cheap I can just go on......But they do look good !

And the fords have been down since the 7.3 I think the new ones have been nothing but trouble I have a buddy that's a ford mechanic. And he even told me not to buy a FORD LOL, he said go with a cummins but I already gave my reason I didn't go that way and i'm GM all the way!
My interior is definitely a little cheap looking compared to a new Ford or GM but IMO, it blows your body style GM/Chevy interior out of the water. They ride rough because they are built the way a big truck should be built.
My actual truck's interior:

The 2010 Dodge's interior is far from cheap looking.

Ford did go downhill with the 6.0's but the new Powerstrokes are holding up real well and they can make and hold up to some SERIOUS POWER.

I think any new model of the big 3 would make an excellent driver/hauler. It really comes down to a matter of personal opinion on the styling. They all have great power.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:29 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 01 ss vert
A Chevy guy I know has a Dodge with the cummings, but he said ONLY get it in a manual. Dodge's autos suck (or at least used to).
The new 6spd autos are a pretty big improvement over the old 4spd autos. The manual's clutch will fry before the auto will go out. Good thing about the manual is, you only have to do a clutch replacement vs. an entire rebuild of an auto.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

And I knew you were going to reply ROSS LOL, and it's all personal opinion

And for the new dodge 2010's very nice I like them alot Dodge did a great job on the interior, they went from about a 2 to a 10 on the inside. They the new bodystyle looks great as well, But nothing beats a GMC bodystyle NOTHING !!!!! LOL

And also after I lowered my dually it rides great best ride in a truck that I have ever had.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

O and another thing I was in a new 2010 dodge the other day did anyone notice the inside smells like crayons ?
Old 03-11-2010, 12:30 PM
12 Second Club

We Use Ford and Chevys out here in the oil patch. Dodge dont stand up to the roads, or lack of roads as well as the other two. They are Ok for the paved roads and die hard dodge fans. Pulling power I like the GM and for the ride. I liked the older 7.3 also and hope the 2011 ford deisel is improved on the regen and power. In my department we have from 250s-550s. 2 and 4 wheel drive and all cab models. The interiors are spartan cause we dont get them for that. The dodges look nice at first, but some companies had more problems with their blue diesel emission stuff than the fords regen. But we do use heavy duty trucks to the max and then some on every aspect of performance. Now if its a HP war anyone wants to fight go ahead. We dont use any aftermarket programers on our equipment. All stock.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:36 PM
TECH Junkie

And I knew you were going to reply ROSS LOL, and it's all personal opinion

And for the new dodge 2010's very nice I like them alot Dodge did a great job on the interior, they went from about a 2 to a 10 on the inside. They the new bodystyle looks great as well, But nothing beats a GMC bodystyle NOTHING !!!!! LOL

And also after I lowered my dually it rides great best ride in a truck that I have ever had.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A
Old 03-11-2010, 12:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by -ross-
lmao !!!!!!!!
Old 03-11-2010, 01:06 PM
TECH Junkie

lmao !!!!!!!!

Old 03-11-2010, 01:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

i have just a little experience with the newer trucks (we have a 04 LQ4 2500HD) and the LBZ has got to be one of the best diesels IMO that GM ever had. as for the newer diesel, its similar from what I understand, just a bit beefier internals, better tuning, and more emissions. Is that accurate?

Also, i have heard strictly rumors about the new Ford and Dodge motors being junk. anyone have the facts on that?

The autos have REALLY come around in the dodge trucks from what I understand but being its a solid axle, they ride shitty...just like the Ford when compared to IFS in the GM trucks. But in their defense, IMO solid axle can stand up to more and i'd suffer ride quality for a stouter drivetrain.

Quick Reply: 2011 Duramax = 397 hp and 765 tq!