LMAO @ red light ticket

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 03:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 97camaross
send them a picture of the money and see what they say.
LOL i've heard someone did that and the cops sent back a picture of a pair of handcuffs.
Old 03-11-2010, 04:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by XtremeBBQ
guess no one finds it ironic that the OP's sig VS this thread.

Originally Posted by JoeKnowsBaseball
White 1999 Camaro Z28 A4 - TOTALLED 6-5-09 - by a stupid mother f*cker who ran a red light.
That's great
Old 03-11-2010, 04:50 PM
HTX
TECH Regular

Why did you post this thread? To make yourself look like a jackass?
Old 03-11-2010, 05:15 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SleeperZzZ28
i thought as long as you broke the plane of the first line before it turned red, it wasnt considered running a red light. Anyone have a reference to the traffic law that can clear this up?
That's my understand, too.

If it were a "legal" pass and they still sent me a ticket, I would ignore it.
Old 03-11-2010, 05:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What "first line" are you talking about? The sensor is usually set up on the stop bar (wide white line). After the stop bar, there are two lines that define the cross walk. We have cameras that flash even when you stop behind the stop bar. I have even seen them flash without a vehicle on that side of the road. You were able to register your car because they are still trying to get you to pay. Once they exhaust their "letter writing" they will block your registration. I drive for the City of Houston and this is what we were told. True or not, dunno???
Old 03-11-2010, 06:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

lmfao hahahhahahaha ..... thats crazy
Old 03-11-2010, 06:49 PM
TECH Junkie

sorry, i couldn't resist

Irony is getting busted going through a red light on camera when there is a cop on the other side of the intersection AND making a post about it online with a signature which includes bitching about someone who ran a red light and totalled one of your previous cars.

Last edited by 1995blacktattop; 03-11-2010 at 06:54 PM.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:28 PM
Banned

This is a legal pass, the camera flashes right when the light turns red, and as long as you are past that first white line before it turns red, then you are good.

I've gotten 3 of those, and have yet to pay one. If you don't pay, they send it to a collection agency. But they can eat a dick because they can't prove it was actually me driving.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:53 PM
Staging Lane

Nice...
Old 03-11-2010, 08:36 PM
Banned

i find it very ironic...and cant believe that you fond it funny you ran a redlight...you make it sound as if you do it all the time...luckily for us, you havent run into any of us, yet.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:01 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99zee
What "first line" are you talking about? The sensor is usually set up on the stop bar (wide white line). After the stop bar, there are two lines that define the cross walk. We have cameras that flash even when you stop behind the stop bar. I have even seen them flash without a vehicle on that side of the road. You were able to register your car because they are still trying to get you to pay. Once they exhaust their "letter writing" they will block your registration. I drive for the City of Houston and this is what we were told. True or not, dunno???
I was talking about the stop line. It appears that he is past this line so isnt it a legal pass?
Old 03-12-2010, 05:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SleeperZzZ28
I was talking about the stop line. It appears that he is past this line so isnt it a legal pass?
I would think so. You do not have to be clear of the intersection, just passed the "stop line", which he is in the photo. I would talk to them about it instead of ignoring it though.
Old 03-12-2010, 10:16 AM
Teching In

it's kinda ironic how your previous camaro got totaled by some "stupid ************ who ran a red light"
Old 03-12-2010, 10:05 PM
Launching!

Lol yes my last camaro was totalled by a stupid mother ****** who ran a red light, BUT he was a good 5-10 seconds past the light changing. If you want MORE ironic... The night before this was taken, I went and got a tattoo in memory of that car and as the cop was patting me down, he felt the seran wrap on my arm and asked about it. I had to tell him the story of the tattoo while he was pulling me over for running a red light.

It IS funny because it's proven that those cameras are bullshit. I was clearly through the intersection when the light changed. I ignore it because I don't care. They already admitted that they can't hurt my credit and the worst that can happen is I have to pay $100. Guess what! I have to do it anyways if I didn't ignore it.

And don't call me a shitty driver or someone who's an asshat cause I'm just as good a driver as any of y'all if not better. I drive cars all day and I know how they work. I also scored a 100 on my driving test back in the day (lol @ that shitty *** test).

If you can't find this remotely humorous, then

To all others....
Old 03-12-2010, 10:33 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by daniel6718
i find it very ironic...and cant believe that you fond it funny you ran a redlight...you make it sound as if you do it all the time...luckily for us, you havent run into any of us, yet.
Thanks for the support buddy. For your loyalty, I'll make sure not to buy any "centerforce" clutches from you again. I'm glad my Valeo clutch is still holding, else wise, I would have made a SPECIAL thread just for you and your "performance shop".

Let me correct your grammer too, since we're all about constructive criticism...

I find it very ironic...And I can't believe that you foUnd it funny you ran a redlight...You make it sound as if you do it all the time...Luckily for us, you haven't run into any of us, yet.
Old 03-13-2010, 06:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

OK, post a pic of said tattoo
Old 03-13-2010, 09:40 AM
Teching In

Do Camaros not have brakes?
Old 03-13-2010, 08:26 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the support buddy. For your loyalty, I'll make sure not to buy any "centerforce" clutches from you again. I'm glad my Valeo clutch is still holding, else wise, I would have made a SPECIAL thread just for you and your "performance shop".

Let me correct your grammer too, since we're all about constructive criticism...

I find it very ironic...And I can't believe that you foUnd it funny you ran a redlight...You make it sound as if you do it all the time...Luckily for us, you haven't run into any of us, yet.
ouch
I did found it both funny & ironic, but if you where using your cellphone I wold have to say
Old 03-14-2010, 01:27 AM
Launching!

Just look at the previous posts. The light was legal. I don't talk on the cell while driving or ever really.
Old 03-14-2010, 01:45 AM
TECH Addict

Let me correct your grammer too,

correct your grammer

grammer

Quick Reply: LMAO @ red light ticket