will discount tire match tire racks prices

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 08:34 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just bought my wife some two 245-65-17 kuhmos for her SUV and only cost me 270 shipped from tire rack and another 20 to get mounted and balanced at NTB. discounts cheapest tire in that size was 175 for one. that and ive just never had a good exprince with them id rather buy from tire rack just my 2 cents
Old 03-15-2010, 08:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 02CamaroSSLE
i can see your point of view, but let me give you mine and PLEASE try to be open about this and not be rude, im just trying to give you some insight of the techs mindset...

OK you come in with your lets be nice and say 315 70 17 bfg KM2's, and want a rba, oh and you have aftermarket wheels... balancing those can be a real PIA, now it's not the work part we are trying to not do, it's the fact that taking the time to do that takes for ever, not that we dont want to do it right, but when you have 15 cars on the list and cust bitchin cause they have been there and hour and a half, and my boss bitching that we need to work faster and harder, we have to cut some corners here and there... i bet you if i were to rotate and balance your tires and did NOT balance the rears, you would not be able to tell the difference 99 out of 100 times... when i rotate my tires i only balance the ones going to the front, it's not big deal, it doesnt casue any kind of saftey issue, it's all about the mindset of people... but we do not, not balance your tires if you just bought them, or paid for them to be balance, rest assured. i hope i don't get in trouble for saying this... we do try to make the cust. happy but sometimes it is just not plausable.
I can see your point and no i am not going to be rude but you have to understand that is NOT a good option for M/T tires. I spent $1600 on four tires and want to take care of them. Now if you have never had a set of M/T's then i can see why you are ok with doing this. These tires have to be kept up with IE: All of them need to be balanced like every 5k miles to get the maximum life out of them. Yea you are correct i would probably never know if you did not balance the back ones but once these tires start to chop it is all over. The set i just took off had one that was completely gone and i could of got another 10k out of the other three. This all because i was unable to get them balanced enough.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:22 AM
TECH Regular

Worked for Discount for 3 years, the ladder of those being full time.

Stuff happens in the back room that we shouldn't talk about.

That being said I have still purchased wheels and tires from them after I quit. As long as you find someone who values their job, it's a great company.

Just like any business you'll have idiots that ruin it for you. Heck, just yesterday I went into Autozone to buy some Mobil 1 ready to spend money with them, but due to the idiots behind the counter that had no clue how to run the store, I set my stuff down and walked out, bought my oil from Oreilly.

That doesn't mean all Autozones suck (most of them do, though) I just ran into some morons that ruined it for me.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:24 AM
TECH Regular

Oh and as long as you talk to a full time employee, they should have no problem matching a tire price from ANY retailer. It's going to be the "out the door" price though, so factor in shipping and installation.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:26 PM
Teching In

i have been workin at discount for 3 years now and we never do a half *** job. we always do it right. and yes we do match and beat everyone else prices, plus we offer road hazard and lifetime balancing rotation and free flat repairs which most other places dont offer.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:34 PM
Teching In

oh and btw i work at the store in atascosita in houston. on west lake houston and 1960. go there and look for a black gsxr if u see it ask for erick (me) and ill b more than happy to hook yall up with a better discount.

Quick Reply: will discount tire match tire racks prices