If you did not hear yesterday... A Ford GT went 253 mph in the Standing Mile

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 11:57 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Powell
Please don't tell me you are going to get butt hurt that this may not be a record setting car.
Chris,

The only one appearing butt hurt in this thread is you. You seem to be offended by even the possibility that this GT has broken your best buddy’s record.

Regardless the real record still lays in the hands of a Busa... 268mph... Though the Ford GT guys are claiming they will do 260+ next time... LOL!

One time…I saw a Top Fuel funny car run over 330mph in about 1000’.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brandon then that goes for anyone who gets in post that talks about LMR, G-Force, etc. when another car is mentioned. In fact I've seen you do it many of times when LMR is mentioned, as I have done it also when Icon, MTI, etc was mentioned. It's called brand loyalty and there is nothing wrong with it. I support SW because the shop that built my car put a ton of R&D into building the fastest verified standing mile car in the world.

Powell,

Not sure why I'm even entertaining this conversation, but fck it... It has nothing to do with loyalty , and if it did you know nothing about "Brand loyalty" cause if you did your car would have stayed with one person through the years... (I know the person wrenching on my car can be very "Versatile" on different brand cars)

But back to the subject at hand, The GT rolled out at standing mile event, it’s up to SW and GT owner to hash out the details to who holds what record... IMO doesn't matter where the car runs the Mile @, if it’s documented then that’s all needs to be done.

B

Last edited by Strini SS; 03-16-2010 at 12:06 PM.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:05 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Strini SS
Powell,

Not sure why I'm even entertaining this conversation, but fck it... It has nothing to do with loyalty:twak, and if it did you know nothing about "Brand loyalty" cause if you did your car would have stayed with one person through the years...

But back to the subject at hand, The GT rolled out at standing mile event, it’s up to SW and GT owner to hash out the details to who holds what record... IMO doesn't matter where the car runs the Mile @, if it’s documented then that’s all needs to be done.

B
Well if I trigger a light and run a 7.9 in my Porsche then you best shut the hell up if I run it and just deal with the fact I have the first 7sec Porsche. Come on Brandon you know better than that. I ran a 10.8 at the track one time in a bolt on Cobra (I'll dig up the slip if I can find it) that had the SAME track number on it as I had that night. Did you see me coming on the boards saying I ran 10s in a bolt on Cobra. Come on man....

Regardless it is a fast car, there is no doubt in my mind it is not fast. I'm just saying that some how it picks up 30mph between 2 events... Well that's just hard to do...

I think we'll all be in for a shock at this TX Mile because I think the Lambo guys have something up their sleeve for EVERYONE!
Old 03-16-2010, 12:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Well if I trigger a light and run a 7.9 in my Porsche then you best shut the hell up if I run it and just deal with the fact I have the first 7sec Porsche. Come on Brandon you know better than that. I ran a 10.8 at the track one time in a bolt on Cobra (I'll dig up the slip if I can find it) that had the SAME track number on it as I had that night. Did you see me coming on the boards saying I ran 10s in a bolt on Cobra. Come on man....

Dude, Really? Try and save some face here !!! First I know your not talking stupid **** to me, second WTF does your car or your old car have to do with this thread about a Ford GT running 253mph in the Mile? please do tell?

B
Old 03-16-2010, 12:21 PM
8 Second Club

Dude, Really? Try and save some face here !!! First I know your not talking stupid **** to me, second WTF does your car or your old car have to do with this thread about a Ford GT running 253mph in the Mile? please do tell?

B
STUFF CAN HAPPEN THAT WILL SET OFF TIMING TRIGGERS!!! DID YOU EVER SEE THE VIPER THAT RAN 7S AND THE PASS THAT FRAN'S CUSTOMER'S CAR MADE THAT RCC CLAIMS THAT THE RUNS ARE FALSE!

If it did in fact run 252.X mph then hell yeah. I'd like to see them all go heads up at a competitive event where EVERYONE is there (Tommy, SW, Lambos, etc..). I just think its weird that the last time they did it they had stock Z06's doing 180+mph, when here they can't touch that. Plus again I reiterate how does one pick up 30mph in the standing mile in just a few month period...

Anyway I'm done with this site. It's gone downhill over the last 9 years I've been on it. More specifically the last 5 years it's gotten bad. See ya at the meets because I have no reason to post here anyway right? I own a foreign car now and according to people's logic on this forum; I don't need to be posting on the LS1 sites.

Last edited by Strini SS; 03-16-2010 at 12:26 PM.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:25 PM
TECH Junkie

[SIZE="7"]STUFF CAN HAPPEN THAT WILL SET OFF TIMING TRIGGERS!!! DID YOU EVER SEE THE VIPER THAT RAN 7S AND THE PASS THAT FRAN'S CUSTOMER'S CAR MADE THAT RCC CLAIMS THAT THE RUNS ARE FALSE![/SZE]

If it did in fact run 252.X mph then hell yeah. I'd like to see them all go heads up at a competitive event where EVERYONE is there (Tommy, SW, Lambos, etc..). I just think its weird that the last time they did it they had stock Z06's doing 180+mph, when here they can't touch that. Plus again I reiterate how does one pick up 30mph in the standing mile in just a few month period...

Anyway I'm done with this site. It's gone downhill over the last 9 years I've been on it. More specifically the last 5 years it's gotten bad. See ya at the meets because I have no reason to post here anyway right? I own a foreign car now and according to people's logic on this forum; I don't need to be posting on the LS1 sites.
so whats the story on the viper and vette?
Old 03-16-2010, 12:25 PM
TECH Junkie

B
So I guess Powell is gone? Not sure WTF happend there? Butt Hurt is my only guess?

But Chris still trying to understand WTF does your car or your old car have to do with this thread about a Ford GT running 253mph in the Mile?

B
Old 03-16-2010, 12:44 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 5w20
so whats the story on the viper and vette?
They suck!!! One is powered by a lsx that can't stay together with real power, the other looks like a clown shoe that can't even get out of it's own way above 220 mph.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:54 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So I guess Powell is gone? Not sure WTF happend there? Butt Hurt is my only guess?

But Chris still trying to understand WTF does your car or your old car have to do with this thread about a Ford GT running 253mph in the Mile?

B
I believe he was only adding info to the thread stating that the two events are run very differently. And as he recalled the timing was not sanctioned. I personally only have attended events at Goliad, so I can't comment on the truth there.

I can see both of you're points. I don't think anyone was arguing whether or not the car can run a number. But holding the title of (loosely)of Worlds Fastest Street Car is sure to start a fair amount of back and forth hoopla.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:00 PM
8 Sec Tuner

Do any of yall work during the day..... Or just argue on da net...
Old 03-16-2010, 01:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Mike TexaSS
LMAO,

This week is slow with half the damn company taking off for their kids Spring Break...

B
Old 03-16-2010, 01:04 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I did just finish a Bilstein cup kit on a 3 in the time it's taken this thread to

Still, not very productive LOL.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:07 PM
LS7 Member

B
Do you seriously not understand the point he was making? Talk to RC. He brought this up about the vette that he was hoping to compete with.

edit: Granted they are conspiracy theories, but these days it's pretty easy to get fudged numbers from sub par electronics or from manipulating them. I'm not saying this is the case with the gt, but it's hard to compare two "records" when they were achieved using different equipment (supposedly) that has been shown to net much different results from similar vehicles...

Last edited by UTzo6; 03-16-2010 at 01:15 PM.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:10 PM
On The Tree

If you did not hear yesterday... A Ford GT went 253 mph in the Standing Mile-w7uj7.jpg
Old 03-16-2010, 01:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by UTEvo8
Do you seriously not understand the point he was making? Talk to RC. He brought this up about the vette that he was hoping to compete with.
Uhh now RC is brought into the thread? Chris started talking 1/4 mile #'s about his old and new car? so no don't understand where that came from in a thread about a Ford GT running 253mph...

B
Old 03-16-2010, 01:18 PM
Destroyer of Exotics

apperently the internet is serious business yo!
Old 03-16-2010, 01:22 PM
On The Tree

What a bunch of clowns......That GT is a bad bitch!!!
Old 03-16-2010, 01:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by sc300
They suck!!! One is powered by a lsx that can't stay together with real power, the other looks like a clown shoe that can't even get out of it's own way above 220 mph.
lol

Uhh now RC is brought into the thread? Chris started talking 1/4 mile #'s about his old and new car? so no don't understand where that came from in a thread about a Ford GT running 253mph...

B
apparently records are only valid in a group circle of friends
Old 03-16-2010, 01:34 PM
Formerly 4mulaJoe

Originally Posted by Mike TexaSS
Shhhhh...some of us are having a slow day at work an need the comic relief.

Anybody else see the GPS device showing the speed that matched the timing devices the track used?
Old 03-16-2010, 01:37 PM
9 Second Club

Talking

Originally Posted by LS1x2

Anybody else see the GPS device showing the speed that matched the timing devices the track used?

gotta give credit where its due... thats a bad ****.