GI: Credit Repair

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 09:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by buddyleex
I had a medical bill for a noshow that I specifically canceled and had a collection out. I didn't realized it until I started looking to buy a house. It tanked my score so I did a dispute online via one of the 3 agencies and a few weeks later had a letter in the mail that said they removed it. You can do all of this for 20$ for a month of credit score checking from 1 of the 3 agencies.
I would not recomend anyone use our service for one or two items. Most of our clients have multiple entries that are reporting negatively. Recently we had a client that had 151 negative entries. We removed those items and cleaned up his entire bureau. His score improved over 160 points. The amount of time and dedication that it would take someone to dipute a bureau with multiple items would be overwhelming and very time consuming.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jmorgan
Are you serious? Anyone can do this themselves.

Pull your credit report from each agency. See if anything is messed up, if it is send the credit agency a letter saying what is wrong and they will fix it. You can dispute anything on your report for the cost of a letter, not $800.

If anyone needs help, there are several forums that can help you.

If you have credit problems, I'm going to think you don't have $800 laying around, what a scam.
http://www.creditmagic.org/repair/
Old 03-29-2010, 09:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HTX
There are many high dollar services. That anyone can do for themselves.
Lawyers, doctors, mechanics, personal trainers, cooks, nutritionists, teachers.... the list goes on...

2X

yall are bitchin about a service. I work for a shop last week last week a taho came in with a check engine light on it was a EVAP code which ended up to be a bad gas cap I flagged 1.50 hours to install a gas cap(which took me less than 5 min)... moral of the story the shop provided a service(replacing the gas cap resulting in the check engine light going away) that the customer could of dun if they know how to( Just like everything else in life you have to pay for it if you dont know how to do it )

Last edited by 97camaross; 03-29-2010 at 10:05 PM.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:49 PM
Staging Lane

what % commission do you get of the $800???
Old 03-29-2010, 11:14 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 97camaross
2X

yall are bitchin about a service. I work for a shop last week last week a taho came in with a check engine light on it was a EVAP code which ended up to be a bad gas cap I flagged 1.50 hours to install a gas cap(which took me less than 5 min)... moral of the story the shop provided a service(replacing the gas cap resulting in the check engine light going away) that the customer could of dun if they know how to( Just like everything else in life you have to pay for it if you dont know how to do it )
Exactly. I am not sure why people are seeing this as a scam? There is nothing you can't do on your own. You just have to have the time to fully educate yourself and the time to dedicate to doing it. Most people today do not have that kind of time or patience to complete it. We have people quite frequently that have attempted it and ask us how we make any money because it is very time consuming if someone doesn't know what they are doing.

Originally Posted by flatblackz
What does that have to do with anything?
Old 03-29-2010, 11:21 PM
12 Second Club

Yea and how many women have you nailed?
Old 03-30-2010, 10:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm sure you provide an awesome service, but given the past rap that other "credit repair" agencies have received (and with due criticism I might add) you have to realize it's going to be very difficult to justify your services.

It doesn't help that your only other support in your case is an individual who basically admitted to ripping off another customer, charging 1.5 mechanic hours to replace a 5 minute job that they couldn't "dun" themselves.

Not that I'm saying you can choose who your friends are, but I'm just saying that birds of a feather...
Old 03-30-2010, 12:41 PM
Staging Lane

if there is monetary gain in your favor, you are violating sponsorship rules which none of us have the right to do.
Old 03-30-2010, 01:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LS1vazquez
I'm sure you provide an awesome service, but given the past rap that other "credit repair" agencies have received (and with due criticism I might add) you have to realize it's going to be very difficult to justify your services.

It doesn't help that your only other support in your case is an individual who basically admitted to ripping off another customer, charging 1.5 mechanic hours to replace a 5 minute job that they couldn't "dun" themselves.

Not that I'm saying you can choose who your friends are, but I'm just saying that birds of a feather...
yeah you have remember shops charge a certain amount to diagnose a problem, so to diagnose something then fix it and turn off the light takes time in which case the customer has to pay for... thats like paying 5 hours for a intake job and it only takes you 2, are you going to charge for 2 hours or 5? it's a base fee... if the cust. had the know how or the means to do it then he could of saved him some $$$ but he didnt just like everything else in life, if you dont know how to do it and want someone to do it for you then you have to pay $$$
Old 03-30-2010, 03:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 02CamaroSSLE
yeah you have remember shops charge a certain amount to diagnose a problem, so to diagnose something then fix it and turn off the light takes time in which case the customer has to pay for... thats like paying 5 hours for a intake job and it only takes you 2, are you going to charge for 2 hours or 5? it's a base fee... if the cust. had the know how or the means to do it then he could of saved him some $$$ but he didnt just like everything else in life, if you dont know how to do it and want someone to do it for you then you have to pay $$$
Or the guy could throw all that bullshit out the window, realize that it was indeed a 5 minute job and actually charge for services rendered, not theoretical "what this is what the book says" stuff.

Maybe actually take care of the customer and potentially profit in the long run down the road when the customer brings the car in for repeat business or maybe even refers some friends.
Old 03-30-2010, 06:12 PM
On The Tree

You are right, there have been alot of other companies out there that are not on the up and up. We are not one of those companies. We have been in buisness for 10 years. We are licensed and bonded(which was not a walk in the park) and we guarantee our service 100%.

As for 97camaross, he is not ripping anyone off. I am sure he probably works at a dealership and they work on flag hours. That job in the service book probably says the job flags 1.5 hours. The automotive service stuff has worked this way for years. I don't know him but he was trying to make a point. No one really has to pay anyone for any type of service if they have the knowledge and ability to do it themselves. The fact is that we all depend on each other to provide expertise and certain services that we don't have or the resources to preform those services. It is what keeps us all employed and food on the table.

if there is monetary gain in your favor, you are violating sponsorship rules which none of us have the right to do.
I addressed this in my first post.

Or the guy could throw all that bullshit out the window, realize that it was indeed a 5 minute job and actually charge for services rendered, not theoretical "what this is what the book says" stuff.

Maybe actually take care of the customer and potentially profit in the long run down the road when the customer brings the car in for repeat business or maybe even refers some friends.
What happens when the job actually takes alot longer than what the manual says it should take? Should the customer have to pay the extra?

Last edited by boostnificent; 03-30-2010 at 06:18 PM.
Old 03-30-2010, 06:53 PM
Launching!

that's why the thread was locked a couple of days ago right?

i'm sure the thread will get locked with all of the people coming in there and giving this guy a hard time, but he in response has never stooped to anyone's trash talking level, and has given well thought out intelligent responses.

I say he's legit and leave him alone
Old 03-30-2010, 10:31 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by rooster99ss

i'm sure the thread will get locked with all of the people coming in there and giving this guy a hard time, but he in response has never stooped to anyone's trash talking level, and has given well thought out intelligent responses.

alright boostnificent, you win this round lol

This is a great service, assuming one knows their score and what is on it and has 800 laying around and they care about their credit.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

why? to replace the cap was 1 hour book time and 0.50 for re-test. thats like saying I should only charge 1.0 to change a water pump when the book time pays 3.0.....what if book time on something is 1.3 and I do it in 2.0 I only get payed for 1.3 hours of work.

Oh and by the way I work for a shop that has been in business for 26 years and has been doing things the same way for those 26 years and over 85% of our customers are repeat customers and we have less than 1% come backs a year.we always call the customer before we make any repair.

automotive or any other services are not free how do you expect people to make money.... we are not screwing over the customer; they agreed on the price and they got a guaranteed fix
Old 03-30-2010, 11:07 PM
Launching!

can/will it help people that filed chapter 7?
Old 03-30-2010, 11:16 PM
HTX
TECH Regular

This thread has convinced me to work for free. My boss can do my job just as easily as i can so if i demand im to pay me i would be "ripping him off".... I dont want to be a scammer
Old 03-30-2010, 11:23 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by rooster99ss

Thanks!! I do my best to treat people as I want to be treated and I am very concerned with how I am perceived in this community. I am an active member and I plan on staying that way. I realize that this is a tight nit community and word travels extremely fast about someone or a company if they are scammers or do bad work and vice versa when the work or service is top notch. I am actually counting on that to help me get this started.

alright boostnificent, you win this round lol

This is a great service, assuming one knows their score and what is on it and has 800 laying around and they care about their credit.
lol I am just trying to earn some money to help me get through college. I actually have tried to find a part time job but it is murder out there right now trying to find a job. I decided to do this because I can work from home and do it around my school schedule. This company is a good one and they do what they say they will do. I have known the owner for quite awhile and he is very particular about who works for him. He has worked very hard to put this company where it is and will not allow it to get a bad reputation. We are in the top three nationally.

It will only cost the $800 if you finance it. I can do it for $700 if you pay for it up front or pay 1/2 down and the other 1/2 within 30 days.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:30 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by winger4800
can/will it help people that filed chapter 7?
Yes, we can challenge it and have it removed. Chances are, when it was reported, there were mistakes made. We can take off unpaid collections, charge-offs, repossessions, bankruptcies, medical bills, foreclosures, tax liens, civil liens, judgments, student loans, credit card debt, inquiries, slow pays, old addresses and all incorrect names.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:09 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by boostnificent
Yes, we can challenge it and have it removed. Chances are, when it was reported, there were mistakes made. We can take off unpaid collections, charge-offs, repossessions, bankruptcies, medical bills, foreclosures, tax liens, civil liens, judgments, student loans, credit card debt, inquiries, slow pays, old addresses and all incorrect names.
A warning from the FTC.

Credit Repair Scams
You see the ads in newspapers, on TV, and on the Internet. You hear them on the radio. You get fliers in the mail. You may even get calls from telemarketers offering credit repair services. They all make the same claims:
"Credit problems? No problem!"

"We can erase your bad credit-100% guaranteed."

"We can remove bankruptcies, judgments, liens, and bad loans from your credit file forever!"

Do yourself a favor and save some money, too. Don't believe these statements. They're just not true. Only time, a conscientious effort, and a plan for repaying your debt will improve your credit report.
http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/cons...dit/cre03.shtm
Old 03-31-2010, 08:35 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by boostnificent
The cost is $699-$799 depending on how you choose to pay for it. I can finance it with $99.00 down and 4 equal payments for the rest and that would be for the $799.00. I could do half down and the other half in 30 days or all up front, both of those options are $699.00. We guarantee our sservice and put your money into escrow until you see the results. We are also a Red Flag compliant company which means all of your information is secure all of the time. Oh, I forgot to metion that we stay with you for a year to make sure that your totally cleaned up.
Does any one else find it hilarious that you can finance your credit repair?