updated---im taking fox16 to court now!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 11:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by old_goat
Now that you will get your money back, perhaps you can edit some of your posts and some of the **** you talked about him.

He came through, and now it's your turn.

It's one thing to win, but it's another thing to win with class. You may have won, but trust me, you did not look good doing it.

And no...........I don't know either of these guys.
Why should/would he need to re-edit his posts? In the beginning it sounded like fox16 didn't want to have anything to do with it. I wouldn't re-edit the posts until it's settled.. I'm sure if you were in his situation you would've done the same thing.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:16 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by TX Tahoe Z71
Good to hear, followed this thread today. Keep us posted!
will do
Old 03-31-2010, 11:21 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by mattLS1
Why should/would he need to re-edit his posts? In the beginning it sounded like fox16 didn't want to have anything to do with it. I wouldn't re-edit the posts until it's settled.. I'm sure if you were in his situation you would've done the same thing.
ONCE IT IS SETTLED, i have all intentions of posting a new thread explaining the outcome, and will ask the admins to delete this thread, AFTER its resolved.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:33 PM
something else

Hope you get taken care of from here on out.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Man spent awhile following this thread ... it was like a fairytale book ... with a happy ending coming? ... haha
Old 03-31-2010, 11:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

dude, atleast change the title to something less derogative. like fox16 dispute or something like that. i dont know the guy, but id be pissed if i saw that against me. just my $.02
Old 03-31-2010, 11:55 PM
12 Second Truck Club

done, had to figure out how to do it, but its changed
Old 04-01-2010, 12:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 06tx4.8
done, had to figure out how to do it, but its changed
thats good dude. **** will get worked out more if you are less derogatory IMO
Old 04-01-2010, 12:06 AM
TECH Resident

I just got done reading ALL 10 pages!!! Best novel I've read in a while
Old 04-01-2010, 12:09 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by 03chevyroyce
thats good dude. **** will get worked out more if you are less derogatory IMO
i agree 100%
Old 04-01-2010, 12:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

i agree 100%
good. lol
Old 04-01-2010, 12:48 AM
11 Second Club

Received 217 Likes on 167 Posts

So if it is indeed fucked up from the original seller that sold it to Fox, who is going to help him out whoop his ***..?

Everyone was jumpin up here..I'm just wonderin..lol
Old 04-01-2010, 01:06 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All I have to say is I wish I had my 15 minutes back LOL! Oh and BTW 06tx4.8 you can delete the thread yourself by just going to the first post and deleting it and everything that follows will be gone as well. Just a heads up for you if you get it resolved. Hope so cause its easy to spend $600 on tires now day LOL! Just joking.
Old 04-01-2010, 01:20 AM
Staging Lane

Wow wish my story ended up like this... I got hit for $2200 on a turbo setup and I only asked for partial payment to be refunded. He screwed me around and told me im not getting **** from him. He knew things were messed up and it was the same kind of deal, wouldn't answer and finally called and just got irate and acted like a jerk paypal wouldnt help me and ended up having to bite the bullet. Sucks, and wish the best for you man, atleast your seller is working with you be fortunate. But beware and would not trust anything from member toddcod
Old 04-01-2010, 03:17 AM
TECH Junkie

ONCE IT IS SETTLED, i have all intentions of posting a new thread explaining the outcome, and will ask the admins to delete this thread, AFTER its resolved.
I wouldn't edit a post. He refused to answer your phone calls for how long? Ha, either way, if you delete it, I hope an admin brings it back, because if I did business with someone I'd want to know this background info.
Old 04-01-2010, 04:45 AM
11 Second Club

Received 217 Likes on 167 Posts

That's what the Feedback is used for..well supposed to be..
Old 04-01-2010, 10:04 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 524 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by Donohue96M6Z28
I wouldn't edit a post. He refused to answer your phone calls for how long? Ha, either way, if you delete it, I hope an admin brings it back, because if I did business with someone I'd want to know this background info.

X2 there was no wrong doing here, the seller sold a bad part, the buyer tried to contact him and had to make a post on a public forum to get the guys attention, so then the seller was WELL aware of the issue and still dodged phone calls and wants to contact other people about the part he sold before helping out the buyer when the only clear resolve is a full refund and then investigate how he is going to get the engine repaired. That kind of stuff needs to be known by other members, I would not want to purchase from someone that handles things this way.

In a situation like this, the proper thing to do is to offer a refund and take the engine back yourself for repair, it should not be put on the buyer to take the time off to run the engine around to be repaired etc... he should get what he was offered when he made a purchase, and that is a perfect condition engine... Anything short of a refund is unfair to the buyer.

Hopefully all goes well, it is nice for fox16 to respond and offer to help, but the shop is not going to do anything, the engine is damaged and exchanged many hands... and if they do do anything at all it should be on fox16's dime and time not passed on to the unfortunate buyer.
Old 04-01-2010, 10:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

I agree, I would not change this. I can understand the fact that the seller was unreachable, albeit sketchy at best, but he did not rush to make this right. He is now taking the time to make progress towards making it right. If he was a great "seller" he would of called and offered a refund immediately, not drag his feet and avoid the issue for unknown reasons.

I do applaud the "seller" for finally coming to his senses and making the call to get progress moving. I would not do business with him after seeing all of this, even though he did do the right thing, it was like pulling teeth. Once resolution has made, appropriate feedback can be left, but personally, I would leave the thread as is.

It shows the progress and various stages through which this dilemma has gone through. If admin wants to delete it, that is their right, and if Kasey wants to delete it, that is his right as well, although I would leave it as is. Sure, you can remove the derogatory comments, that is not constructive, but the flow of this thread needs to remain UNchanged.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:26 AM
11 Second Club

Man, I thought my ex was the only one with drama in Houston!! LOL

Did anyone notice that Fox 16 is trying to contact "the shop" for something that he said was running in perfect condition? Did this guy buy the motor and never once turn it on? Does he just get motors on a regular basis and sells them without checking if they work?? Im still confused, cuz if he had it running, he would of noticed it was messed up, therefore, he shouldnt of posted running in perfect condition, therefore also, there is no need to call the shop when it was in his possession. Now I think this guy got screwed over by the original seller, which hasnt posted on here yet, and brian didnt know how to take care of it, so he did the same thing to another person.....
Old 04-01-2010, 11:49 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 524 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by fastvet
Man, I thought my ex was the only one with drama in Houston!! LOL

Did anyone notice that Fox 16 is trying to contact "the shop" for something that he said was running in perfect condition? Did this guy buy the motor and never once turn it on? Does he just get motors on a regular basis and sells them without checking if they work?? Im still confused, cuz if he had it running, he would of noticed it was messed up, therefore, he shouldnt of posted running in perfect condition, therefore also, there is no need to call the shop when it was in his possession. Now I think this guy got screwed over by the original seller, which hasnt posted on here yet, and brian didnt know how to take care of it, so he did the same thing to another person.....

he said "many people had been around the block in the car with that engine in it and it was fine"

With the crank and bearings worn that much it should have been very very audible

Quick Reply: updated---im taking fox16 to court now!!