Its monday and i'm bored at work

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 08:01 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

What really needs to happen is the Vette's set up go in a notch and run 8s.

Originally Posted by Bad Habit Bird
I'm staying pretty busy at work today.

Random thoughts..... I'm probably going to by my NBM Formula back from Pavlock so I can have a toy to take to the track. I don't want to tear up the G8 since the old lady still drives it.... for now....
You and Bryan are weird about that car, seems like you both want it but don't at the same time.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:13 PM
RCC
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BizZzatch350
What really needs to happen is the Vette's set up go in a notch and run 8s.
I will be giving a good attempt very soon. The power is there to get down in the 8's but my car does not like to 60ft at all, so we will see. Im guessing the car is going to run a very very low 9 at 160 something mph.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:21 PM
12 Second Club

My weekend kind of went to crap Friday night when a twisted and axle in two at the track. As for random thoughts, I saw RCC's car at LMR a few weeks back when I was having my truck tuned and its badass and very well done. I agree with your 6 speed theory and bigger turbos and then you should try it again with that lambo.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:25 PM
RCC
On The Tree

Originally Posted by WFOSS
My weekend kind of went to crap Friday night when a twisted and axle in two at the track. As for random thoughts, I saw RCC's car at LMR a few weeks back when I was having my truck tuned and its badass and very well done. I agree with your 6 speed theory and bigger turbos and then you should try it again with that lambo.
The lambo incident is actually was has got me thinking. I think next time I would like to try it with a 6 speed and 1600rwhp. I am making plans now.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:27 PM
12 Second Club

See, all you needed was a little encouragement. And some cash would probably help too.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:33 PM
RCC
On The Tree

Sometime in june the car will be taken down for a turbo upgrade. Im still on the fence about the trans, I spoke with gforce today about building a 6060 to handle that power, they said it would be iffy. I know the 4l80 can take it for 1/4 and highway runs, but it will not last at the mile.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:39 PM
it is on low boost

Originally Posted by RCC
Hey Nick, if I had all of your money I would burn mine....lol
I'm seriously considering it... Maybe you can sell me yours and I'll burn that one too! After that, I'll go buy the TT Lambo so there wouldn't be a Corvette in Houston that would be able to hang with me... LOL!
Old 04-19-2010, 08:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BizZzatch350
You and Bryan are weird about that car, seems like you both want it but don't at the same time.
Very True!
Old 04-19-2010, 08:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got a random thought. I'm a dumbass. I should've gotten my 4 year degree and gotten out and gotten a good job so that maybe by now I could have enough money to have a couple Vettes in the driveway like you guys. Heck, I'd settle for one. Instead, I'm in my seventh year of school working on a doctorate degree that's probably gonna pay half what you guys make...my rant for the day. And if that's not enough, I'm doing clinical affiliations right now, which means I do some ********'s work all day long while he plays "Words with Friends" on his Iphone, and I don't get paid a dime! This is seriously screwed up but I know I did this to myself. You guys are thinking Turbo's and I'm debating on whether I should pop for a full exhaust on my 00 T/A!! What do you guys do for a living?? I want in!!
Old 04-19-2010, 08:49 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Bad Habit Bird
Very True!
I only know because Bryan and I talked about this, I'm the same way with my TA
Old 04-19-2010, 08:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LSWONCOOP
I've got a random thought. I'm a dumbass. I should've gotten my 4 year degree and gotten out and gotten a good job so that maybe by now I could have enough money to have a couple Vettes in the driveway like you guys. Heck, I'd settle for one. Instead, I'm in my seventh year of school working on a doctorate degree that's probably gonna pay half what you guys make...my rant for the day. And if that's not enough, I'm doing clinical affiliations right now, which means I do some ********'s work all day long while he plays "Words with Friends" on his Iphone, and I don't get paid a dime! This is seriously screwed up but I know I did this to myself. You guys are thinking Turbo's and I'm debating on whether I should pop for a full exhaust on my 00 T/A!! What do you guys do for a living?? I want in!!
I'm sure RC will chime in on this comment but I don't believe he has a degree in anything. He just busts his *** when it comes to working.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:54 PM
RCC
On The Tree

I dont have a degree, I started doing electrical work while I was in highschool. Started my own electrical contracting business 7 years ago and have been busting *** ever since.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:57 PM
On The Tree

Don't get me wrong - I'm not ******* you guys. I envy you. You work hard and get paid. My profession has pretty much a ceiling on how much you can make.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:00 PM
RCC
On The Tree

Don't get me wrong - I'm not ******* you guys. I envy you. You work hard and get paid. My profession has pretty much a ceiling on how much you can make.
I dont take it as ******* at all, no need for envy either. I just really enjoy cars and I have been fortunate enough to finally get to build the car I want.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:43 PM
On The Tree

Yeah, I'm hoping to someday as well. Would love to have a C6Z. Just don't know if a $90k salary, kids, and a wife will allow that. Maybe in 2030 I can get an 06 with a 100k miles.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:15 AM
Teching In

Yeah, I'm hoping to someday as well. Would love to have a C6Z. Just don't know if a $90k salary, kids, and a wife will allow that. Maybe in 2030 I can get an 06 with a 100k miles.
Get rid of the wfe and kids and then the sky is the limit, j/k just be positive and bust ***. Take your time it'll all workout soon enough.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:49 AM
On The Tree

Well since you asked about the weekend, I spent all day Sat and Sun cleaning up and getting the house ready for sale. I never knew how much stuff can compile in a short time. With all the declutter going on I had to put the ZR1 on the trailer and it sits outside right now til I can make some room in my apartment garage to store it for a few months. I keep telling myself this is the last damn time I move, it sux.
Old 04-20-2010, 09:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

i went out with friends and unloaded about 4000 rounds into a riding lawnmower and desktop computer covered in burning road flares and coleman propane tanks with a good dozen different guns. oh and went to a ring dunk in B/CS.

Old 04-20-2010, 09:16 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ProStreet_632
Well since you asked about the weekend, I spent all day Sat and Sun cleaning up and getting the house ready for sale. I never knew how much stuff can compile in a short time. With all the declutter going on I had to put the ZR1 on the trailer and it sits outside right now til I can make some room in my apartment garage to store it for a few months. I keep telling myself this is the last damn time I move, it sux.
Andrew, I have a garage you can put that bad boy in
Old 04-20-2010, 10:24 AM
8 Second Club

My thoughts today... I really want to build the motor in the Porsche soon, but I also want to do a patio at the house, and my yard does really need to be resodded and a sprinkler system needs to go in. Mainly because I am lazy to go water ever day. Then I need to redo my flower beds because my house looks like I'm the worst home owner in the neighborhood. Bah damn priorities... Guess the Porsche will have to wait till later this summer. At the moment I'm fighting off a tank of bad gas. What I thought was the fuel pump was still just as originally though... Bad gas...

Then I also think a lot that maybe I am getting bored with the Porsche and that it's time for something new, but now that I am a home owner my portion of the salary that can go for a new car is very small compared to what it use to be. I don't hate my car one bit, but I really do want something different now because I need a new territory to dominate in. Maybe a Lambo will be in my future in the next few years, but we will have to see.