Roadforce balancing?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 01:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tollway bandit 1
My wheels came with plastic rings. I was told that they make sure that the wheel is centered on the hub.
yeah wheels that are not hub centric for that specific vehicle then you should put hub rings on to help the wheel be centered and also to not put some much strain on your studs. im not saying yours doesnt have it, or your wrong or anything just stating what i know.

Originally Posted by 5w20
Road force balancing will tell you if your tires or rims are bad. A lot of times I've seen aftermarket rims cause problems no matter brand they are. Cheap tires will cause issues aswell. Also there are idiots that use the big 1/2 ounce sticky weights and those always fly off. Calipers also tend to knock weights if clearance is close.

For smoothness its hard to beat an ugly oem wheel and a michelin tire.
well he def. does not have shitty tires, he has bfg kdwnt on the rear and mich. pilot sport a/s on the front... none of his wheels are bent and the tires are not out of round, choppy, or worn... i did a dynamic balance on both front and rears with 1/4oz. stick on wieghts, and clearance from the calipers were def. not an issue.

Quick Reply: Roadforce balancing?