Looking to buy my first handgun, advice welcomed gun guru's!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 08:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cam72aro
Any semi auto with stove pipe is you limp wrist it when you are firing. I guarantee that it is the person firing the gun and not the gun or the ammo used. If a round has the primer contacted then it not the gun. My little brother has a p250 and I have shot it several times, its a good shooting gun. Guy next to me at work has one also and loves it as well and never had a problem out of it.
If she were new to shooting and had this issues with other pistols I would agree with shooter error. Be she has shot quite a bit and several different pistols and has never had a stove pipe issue. Plus the P250 was a 9mm and she is used to shooting .40cal. She has a P239 in .40 so thinking she is afraid of the recoil is out the window. The FTF happened with both of us and it would fire the round if you pulled the trigger again, so much for the ammo theory. We tried a P238 and it had similar FTF issues too.

I did some digging afterwards and found that others have had the same issues with those two pistols. Since then, I'm not too enthused about the US made Sigs.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:47 AM
Launching!

I'm selling my S&W M&P .40
awesome weapon
Old 05-03-2010, 08:43 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Greed4Speed
If she were new to shooting and had this issues with other pistols I would agree with shooter error. Be she has shot quite a bit and several different pistols and has never had a stove pipe issue. Plus the P250 was a 9mm and she is used to shooting .40cal. She has a P239 in .40 so thinking she is afraid of the recoil is out the window. The FTF happened with both of us and it would fire the round if you pulled the trigger again, so much for the ammo theory. We tried a P238 and it had similar FTF issues too.

I did some digging afterwards and found that others have had the same issues with those two pistols. Since then, I'm not too enthused about the US made Sigs.
was it having trouble loading the round or ejecting the casing?... maybe polishing the ramp a bit or changing out the mag/mag spring might help??
Old 05-03-2010, 08:53 PM
Launching!

I have owned Glocks for 20 years. There is nothing better as far as I'm concerned. Very low maintenence, accurate enough at self defence distance. Absolutely the top of the line! None of my Glocks has ever jammed. Look at the torture tests. Decide for yourself!
Old 05-03-2010, 09:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Greed4Speed

My xd 9mm never stove piped in its life till a female friend picked it up, limp wristed it and shot winchester white box ammo out of it. I picked it up, threw some monarch in it and shot it and not a single problem. It would happen to her almost every other round. Like I said in previous posts, Sigs are so crappy that dps carries them, not! If it was a rental gun that she shot I wouldnt put a whole lot of faith in the function of it. Those guns are like a rental car, they get babied, lol.

Quick Reply: Looking to buy my first handgun, advice welcomed gun guru's!