Mosely vs mayweather!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010 | 09:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

That's the damn truth
Originally Posted by TXZ28LS1
After that rip off of a mosely fight , i doubt mayweather will be a bigger draw..lol..

whos more of a draw, a guy gives everybody their money's worth by knocking out opponents, or a guy that goes decisions every match? hell mayweather held on to mosely the whole fight.. LOL.. please not even a close.
Old 05-04-2010 | 10:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Red face

After that rip off of a mosely fight , i doubt mayweather will be a bigger draw..lol..

whos more of a draw, a guy gives everybody their money's worth by knocking out opponents, or a guy that goes decisions every match? hell mayweather held on to mosely the whole fight.. LOL.. please not even a close.
It's beyond obvious you have been following boxing for only the past couple years.

Please learn more about the sport before you give your uneducated opinion.
Old 05-04-2010 | 10:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by -Ross-
I can see what you are saying here, but the numbers you just threw out there should not mean **** when it comes down to “rules”. Money? Yes. Floyd is the bigger draw. He should get more money (see below for how I really feel about the purse), but not be able to dictate the rules of a fight. Maybe the Yankees, Red Sox, Dodgers and Cubs should get to set MLB rules since their games have higher ratings?

This is where I think boxing is a fucked up sport. Rules should be set by boxing, not negotiated by fighters. I also believe the majority of the purse should go to the winner of the fight.

Pacman has more stipulations than Floyd for the last fight they tried to setup...
Old 05-04-2010 | 10:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 2 SLOW
It's beyond obvious you have been following boxing for only the past couple years.

Please learn more about the sport before you give your uneducated opinion.

i guess you need 12 rounds to beat a 38 year old..lol..
Old 05-04-2010 | 10:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by red281gt
That's the damn truth
just dont say that to 2 slow..hell get butt hurt..lol..

as far as i know, manny doesnt fight 38 year olds, and doesnt hold and clinch the entire fight..LOL.. yeah thats why he isnt a bigger draw..
Old 05-04-2010 | 10:19 AM
TECH Resident

this topic is getting real i also agree with ross.
Old 05-04-2010 | 10:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

i guess you need 12 rounds to beat a 38 year old..lol..

A 38 year old who's never lost from a KO. Pac needed 12 against Clottey and looked worse than Clottey after the fight.

You don't know what you're talking about. Please stop.
Old 05-04-2010 | 10:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Pacman has more stipulations than Floyd for the last fight they tried to setup...

really? well manny's stipulation was that he wasnt gonna fight a 38 year old that wanted to be his friend during the fight..LMAO
Old 05-04-2010 | 10:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

really? well manny's stipulation was that he wasnt gonna fight a 38 year old that wanted to be his friend during the fight..LMAO

It's official. You just started following boxing and have nothing to stand on when it comes to a real boxing conversation.

Let me know how much you want to bet on the Mayweather/Pacman fight.
Old 05-04-2010 | 10:29 AM
TECH Junkie

I wasn't picking sides. They both need to cut the **** and fight.

My words below could apply to any professional boxer, not just Floyd and/or Pac.
This is where I think boxing is a fucked up sport. Rules should be set by boxing, not negotiated by fighters. I also believe the majority of the purse should go to the winner of the fight.
Old 05-04-2010 | 10:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

I wasn't picking sides. They both need to cut the **** and fight.

My words below could apply to any professional boxer, not just Floyd and/or Pac.
But that's how boxing is. There aren't universal rules that could cover all the weight classes. There are weights/brands of gloves/different venues/ring size/promoting schedules.

Boxing will always have the fighters negotiating, and that's why PBF's request of legit testing for a change wasn't outrageous and did many Pacman look shady.
Old 05-04-2010 | 10:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

But that's how boxing is. There aren't universal rules that could cover all the weight classes. There are weights/brands of gloves/different venues/ring size/promoting schedules.

Boxing will always have the fighters negotiating, and that's why PBF's request of legit testing for a change wasn't outrageous and did many Pacman look shady.

wow, didnt know manny looked shady when he never tested positive for anything...but didnt mayweather use Xylocaine? a substance that banned in alot of states.. LMAO..

and mayweather has the ***** to say he wants to be on the same playing field..LMAO...GTFO!!!

well let the fight happen in manila, we can have another thrilla in manila but i bet floyd wont allow that huh? wouldnt that request be the same and legit as asking for olympic tests?

2 Slow has Ali ever asked for drug tests? i mean floyd is saying hes greater than Ali right? LOL!!
Old 05-04-2010 | 10:45 AM
TECH Junkie

I understand. I'd just like the rules to be more set than they currently are, so there are less excuses made.

I want to see a fight. I think PBF will probably agree to the 14 day cutoff of blood tests.
Old 05-04-2010 | 10:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

I understand. I'd just like the rules to be more set than they currently are, so there are less excuses made.

I want to see a fight. I think PBF will probably agree to the 14 day cutoff of blood tests.
PBF will def. agree.

Can't wait to see it happen.
Old 05-04-2010 | 10:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

wow, didnt know manny looked shady when he never tested positive for anything...but didnt mayweather use Xylocaine? a substance that banned in alot of states.. LMAO..

and mayweather has the ***** to say he wants to be on the same playing field..LMAO...GTFO!!!

well let the fight happen in manila, we can have another thrilla in manila but i bet floyd wont allow that huh? wouldnt that request be the same and legit as asking for olympic tests?

2 Slow has Ali ever asked for drug tests? i mean floyd is saying hes greater than Ali right? LOL!!
You're embarrassing Pacman fans around the world.
Old 05-04-2010 | 10:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

You're embarrassing Pacman fans around the world.
Really? didnt know that.. i mean Pacman isnt asking for all these demands, and hes not fighting 38 year olds in a PPV ripping everybody off..sorry bro.. not sure how that is embarassing manny fans..

i mean manny can retire right now and be labeled as one of the best..

floyd will retire as a guy who dodged alot of fights.. LOL..
Old 05-04-2010 | 10:55 AM
Teching In

Mayweather fucked up the first few rounds with Mosley, trying to fight him. He had to switch back to his usual defensive counter mode, and after that he started doing work.

The difference between Pacquiao and Mosley is the speed, angles, and variety of combos he puts together. Yes Flloyd is a great boxer with his counter-punching style, but the x factor is if flloyd could counter and keep pacquiao at bay for 12 rounds, he wont knock him out; so the only way he will win is if he beats him majority of the rounds. So its a toss up 50/50 depending on both fighters game plans.
Old 05-04-2010 | 10:58 AM
10 Second Club

All the papers were signed and everything was ready to go for the Money/Pacman fight until it came down to the olympic style drug testing. That is when Pacman backed out and that is why Mosley was given the chance to fight Floyd. Floyd/ Mosley was the first fight in the U.S. to follow that type of drug testing and now that they both did it and passed it, it is in Pacman's court to follow in their footsteps and step up to the challenge of fighting Floyd. I see this fight happening in the future because Pacman is now pretty much backed into a corner and he needs this fight to prove that he is not using illegal substances... just my opinion.
Old 05-04-2010 | 11:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Bash
Mayweather fucked up the first few rounds with Mosley, trying to fight him. He had to switch back to his usual defensive counter mode, and after that he started doing work.

The difference between Pacquiao and Mosley is the speed, angles, and variety of combos he puts together. Yes Flloyd is a great boxer with his counter-punching style, but the x factor is if flloyd could counter and keep pacquiao at bay for 12 rounds, he wont knock him out; so the only way he will win is if he beats him majority of the rounds. So its a toss up 50/50 depending on both fighters game plans.
thank you bash!! 2 slow here thinks its a walk in the park for mayweather.. if it was then this fight would not be going down as one of the most biggest fights in Boxing history would it?

when was the last time you seen floyd counter punch somebody that is fast as he is if not faster? zab judah a south paw that won the first 5 rounds against floyd..hell he made floyd look slow..no wonder floyd only fights 38 year olds..LMAO..
Old 05-04-2010 | 11:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Really? didnt know that.. i mean Pacman isnt asking for all these demands, and hes not fighting 38 year olds in a PPV ripping everybody off..sorry bro.. not sure how that is embarassing manny fans..

i mean manny can retire right now and be labeled as one of the best..

floyd will retire as a guy who dodged alot of fights.. LOL..
Pacman set the ring size, glove size and weigh in penalty. Floyd would normally not agree to such small gloves and such a small ring. But he did to make the fight happen.

You really don't know what you're talking about and it's getting old.