RC's Super Duper C6 Build Thread - Haters Be Damned!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 04:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2 SLOW
fixed

I don't know how much faster the car can really get. The money spent goes up exponentially but can the same be said for the speed?
i think lmr is doin it not lme haha.. and not sure if it can but IF so i think this car and rc's wallet will be the ones to show us haha
Old 05-03-2010, 04:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ragu1585
i think lmr is doin it not lme haha.. and not sure if it can but IF so i think this car and rc's wallet will be the ones to show us haha
LMR LME, close enough

I wanna see a rematch with SW's Lambo
Old 05-03-2010, 04:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by CarsandWomen
based on Tonys logic, howd that FGT run what it ran at the mile in Miami? 1600whp in a rwd car, and if you watch the vid closely you can see the massive traction problems it had and yet it still pulled a 253 mph pass. Tony im not saying your wrong but it can be done, just not easily.

RC go for it with all youve got, just think of every way there is to get more traction with standard w rated rubber lol

Well... letting you know, Ray went 266 in his Yellow Ford GT now. LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksxEwo7ySm4

I drove a Ford GT at 1,000 rwhp with boost by gear in it. Car runs great but the slicks and weight over the rear tires helps a LOT
Old 05-03-2010, 04:36 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by BigBronco
Well... letting you know, Ray went 266 in his Yellow Ford GT now. LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksxEwo7ySm4

I drove a Ford GT at 1,000 rwhp with boost by gear in it. Car runs great but the slicks and weight over the rear tires helps a LOT
That record is being disputed do to problems in the equipment that was used.
Old 05-03-2010, 04:47 PM
RCC
On The Tree

based on Tonys logic, howd that FGT run what it ran at the mile in Miami? 1600whp in a rwd car, and if you watch the vid closely you can see the massive traction problems it had and yet it still pulled a 253 mph pass. Tony im not saying your wrong but it can be done, just not easily.

RC go for it with all youve got, just think of every way there is to get more traction with standard w rated rubber lol
I think some have taken Tonys post wrong. He and I are good enough friends and I understand what his intentions are and he means well in his " engineer way of doing thongs". LOL

Originally Posted by 2 SLOW
LMR LME, close enough

I wanna see a rematch with SW's Lambo
LME- Late Model Engines- built the motor

LMR- Late Model Racecraft- built the car.

As far as a rematch with SW, it may happen and it may not. I would like to see both cars on kill go at it, but in the end Im doing this for me not just to outrun somebody.
Old 05-03-2010, 04:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by FMS_FTW
That record is being disputed due to....
A. It not being a Supra
B. It not being a Lamborghini
C. It not happening in Texas
D. It not being driven by SW
E. It not being a Boost Logic car
F. It having Ford running gear
Old 05-03-2010, 04:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RCC
LME- Late Model Engines- built the motor

LMR- Late Model Racecraft- built the car.

As far as a rematch with SW, it may happen and it may not. I would like to see both cars on kill go at it, but in the end Im doing this for me not just to outrun somebody.
I know the difference between the shops. The E and R are right next to each other on the keyboard

Ya in the last race I remember both cars were not at 100%
Old 05-03-2010, 05:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
A lot of things "can" be done. But can those things be done safely? Since you referenced that FGT video, there is NO way I'd consider that car putting the power to the ground safely. Neither was the Gallardo that went 250. Both basically skated down the track with hardly any traction, lifting to shift at very early RPM to keep the cars straight.

So tell me, was it lack of traction or lack of power that kept those two cars from going faster? Both had far more power than they could use effectively. At some point, adding more power doesn't improve things - when you don't have the traction to utilize the power.

Would the 1600 rwhp FGT have ran quicker with 1500 rwhp and full traction? Hmmm....
tony im not arguing with you at all, and ordinarily i would say your right, but think of top fuel, they have wwaaaaayyyy more power than traction but manage it somehow. I cant help but think that with a LOT of thought, ingeuity, and planning, its possible to hook that car and use it.

maybe with some kind of boost/traction control that recognizes all the gears and gives a consistent and smooth pull through the gears, progressive boost based on the specific gear. I dunno man, computer engineering is way more your department than mine, but i know mazda is doing it to some extent with the mazdaspeed 3 so i think, IF THEY WANT, LMR can take it to the next level for a project like this.

1st: slow 2step to 5psi max
2nd little faster 2 step to 8psi
3rd medium 2 step to 11psi
4th medium 3 step to 14psi
5th quicker 3 step to 19 psi
6th fast 3 step to 25psi

im sure that wont work but thats the idea im thinking of. im not an EFI guy, or a computer guy at all so thats not my dept, but i know somebody can set it up to work.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

and i know Tony's a smart guy, and level headed, im jsut smiling and holding onto the hope
Old 05-03-2010, 05:24 PM
RCC
On The Tree

and i know Tony's a smart guy, and level headed, im jsut smiling and holding onto the hope
Im pretty excited about it. It rare to see Josh excited to do something on a street car. We are going to do what ever it takes to get the most out of this new combo.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:31 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor / 7 Second Club

Tony I know your friends with both, but a little wager between friends is always fun and it doesnt have to be cash. . As far as traction, all i have to say is "wheel speed based boost controler I got this son, I got this!!!!
Old 05-03-2010, 05:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by GoldRust
Tony I know your friends with both, but a little wager between friends is always fun and it doesnt have to be cash. . As far as traction, all i have to say is "wheel speed based boost controler I got this son, I got this!!!!
YES!!!!!!! this is a discussion that would be so entertaining over a few cold ones lol
Old 05-03-2010, 06:11 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you're going to have a hell of a time keeping the 6060 and the torque tube together. Lets see if you can make 1.6k to ground first w/o breaking ****.

Also, put some ZR1 brakes on your car. It will look exceptional and you will have the best factory brakes in the world. Better than any Lambo. Rep GM technology to the max. Plus, negative G's are as much fun as positive G's.

Good Luck!
Old 05-03-2010, 06:20 PM
RCC
On The Tree

Originally Posted by texas94z
I think you're going to have a hell of a time keeping the 6060 and the torque tube together. Lets see if you can make 1.6k to ground first w/o breaking ****.

Also, put some ZR1 brakes on your car. It will look exceptional and you will have the best factory brakes in the world. Better than any Lambo. Rep GM technology to the max. Plus, negative G's are as much fun as positive G's.

Good Luck!
I have 14" Stoptechs on all 4 corners, I have the brakes covered. I have no doubt the power will be and parts will be broken, it is just part of doing stuff like this.
Old 05-03-2010, 06:56 PM
9 Second Club

RCC, Im sure you're aware of this car:

http://www.lingenfelter.com/vehicles...7-shoot-out-ca

I had the chance to talk to the owner and the driver of that car over a few beers at a viper event a year or so ago... the car made 1600 rw or more, and the motor has been solid, but they can't keep a transmission in it, so they have not been able to do a damn thing with it ever since building it unfortunately. They have tried it all BTW, no budget limitations.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

I feel like a complete broke dick assshole after reading this....
Old 05-03-2010, 07:15 PM
RCC
On The Tree

WTF is wrong with some of you. I dont give a **** whos tried this or tried that. Whats the point with being in car scene if your not willing to push the envelope and try something new( new to me anyways). I have had so many people tell me buy a gallardo or buy a gt. What makes these cars so special? Because they come with 6 digit price tags or they are what the " cool " people are modding these days? I am not a comformist nor do I follow the pack, this is the whole reason Im staying with the vette, just to **** alot of people off and show them anything is possible. It seems so many get wrapped up with this or that cant be done, Im tired of hearing it, I have never been negative about anyones build, I encourage everyone to do what make them happy regardless of what I really think.

So from here on out everyone do me a favor either bring something constructive to the conversation or STFU and keep you negative *** comments to yourself.

For the record:

I dont care what someone else has failed to do, Im all about succeeding.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:38 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How much spray are you planning to shoot with all that boost?

What were the intake air temperatures looking like on your last set up?
Old 05-03-2010, 07:41 PM
RCC
On The Tree

Originally Posted by texas94z
How much spray are you planning to shoot with all that boost?

What were the intake air temperatures looking like on your last set up?
No spray unless needed down low to help with lag. IAT on my current set up have no problems getting to 200 degrees. My current turbos are way out of their efficency range.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:52 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by -Ross-
A. It not being a Supra
B. It not being a Lamborghini
C. It not happening in Texas
D. It not being driven by SW
E. It not being a Boost Logic car
F. It having Ford running gear
G. Ross is completely wrong and has no idea what he is talking about.

I'll go with G being the correct answer

Quick Reply: RC's Super Duper C6 Build Thread - Haters Be Damned!