RC's Super Duper C6 Build Thread - Haters Be Damned!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 08:01 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i cant wait to see the finished product. i know the engine can be built but im with tony on suspension part. im pretty sure you will figure out what to do with that route once you get there.

if all else fails theres always nelsons racing engines lol.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by RCC
WTF is wrong with some of you. I dont give a **** whos tried this or tried that. Whats the point with being in car scene if your not willing to push the envelope and try something new( new to me anyways). I have had so many people tell me buy a gallardo or buy a gt. What makes these cars so special? Because they come with 6 digit price tags or they are what the " cool " people are modding these days? I am not a comformist nor do I follow the pack, this is the whole reason Im staying with the vette, just to **** alot of people off and show them anything is possible. It seems so many get wrapped up with this or that cant be done, Im tired of hearing it, I have never been negative about anyones build, I encourage everyone to do what make them happy regardless of what I really think.

So from here on out everyone do me a favor either bring something constructive to the conversation or STFU and keep you negative *** comments to yourself.

For the record:

I dont care what someone else has failed to do, Im all about succeeding.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:25 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you thought about adding a wing to create some serious down force on the rear wheels? 1.6k can justify a huge wing for traction. The wing on the ACR Viper adds 1000 lbf to the rear wheels at 150 mph. Just imagine how much down-force you could have at 200 mph with a wing. You would stick to the ground and say adios to the Italian. Real sports cars have wings.

At what speed to you expect to loose traction?
Old 05-03-2010, 08:29 PM
RCC
On The Tree

Originally Posted by texas94z
Have you thought about adding a wing to create some serious down force on the rear wheels? 1.6k can justify a huge wing for traction. The wing on the ACR Viper adds 1000 lbf to the rear wheels at 150 mph. Just imagine how much down-force you could have at 200 mph with a wing. You would stick to the ground and say adios to the Italian. Real sports cars have wings.

At what speed to you expect to loose traction?
There will be no wing on my car.

As far as traction, Im not sure what you mean. The car will never hook on regular street tires, it will make tire smoke at any speed. On drag radials, it hooks pretty good from 80mph.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:34 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RCC
There will be no wing on my car.

As far as traction, Im not sure what you mean. The car will never hook on regular street tires, it will make tire smoke at any speed. On drag radials, it hooks pretty good from 80mph.
Alright, just trying to help out the cause.

M/Ts?
Old 05-03-2010, 08:41 PM
TECH Pimp

RC, what are your goals for the car?
Old 05-03-2010, 09:03 PM
it is on low boost

Just buy a Lambo while the car is being built! That would be pretty pimp!

I'm kidding...

I can't wait to see the new set up!
Old 05-03-2010, 09:20 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by RCC
WTF is wrong with some of you. I dont give a **** whos tried this or tried that. Whats the point with being in car scene if your not willing to push the envelope and try something new( new to me anyways). I have had so many people tell me buy a gallardo or buy a gt. What makes these cars so special? Because they come with 6 digit price tags or they are what the " cool " people are modding these days? I am not a comformist nor do I follow the pack, this is the whole reason Im staying with the vette, just to **** alot of people off and show them anything is possible. It seems so many get wrapped up with this or that cant be done, Im tired of hearing it, I have never been negative about anyones build, I encourage everyone to do what make them happy regardless of what I really think.

So from here on out everyone do me a favor either bring something constructive to the conversation or STFU and keep you negative *** comments to yourself.

For the record:

I dont care what someone else has failed to do, Im all about succeeding.

lol, I was just hoping to add to your knowledge base, would be nice to talk to those guys and learn from their experience... its always best to learn from other's mistakes and not make your own
Old 05-03-2010, 10:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Rcc is here to push it to the next level, we should all encourage him to push the limit once more, iether way i know rc does not need our support. i just really admire his work and for being different from all the other top horse power street cars out there. hopefully we can see a new king next year in the tx2k11 event.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:58 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor / 7 Second Club

Originally Posted by Tiago
RCC, Im sure you're aware of this car:

http://www.lingenfelter.com/vehicles...7-shoot-out-ca

I had the chance to talk to the owner and the driver of that car over a few beers at a viper event a year or so ago... the car made 1600 rw or more, and the motor has been solid, but they can't keep a transmission in it, so they have not been able to do a damn thing with it ever since building it unfortunately. They have tried it all BTW, no budget limitations.
lol thats funny cause with the t56 in the black camaro I was driving at the mile we made in the area of 1900 hp and when we tore the tranny apart and it looked great. Also the camaro is a heavier car and that will put more stress on it. Alot of you guys also said that it would be super hard to get a 4th gen camaro over 200 mph, and I succeeded where everyone else has failed at the tx mile. I came close to 250mph. The point of this rant is that I love proving all the naysayers wrong time and time again. As far as this guy from lingenfelter... he hasn't tried us. If your concerned about the torque tube see exibit a :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIHs6Qt7amM

Don't worry RC you know I will make it happen. Then we will go to the mile and show them what tha ***** is goings ons
Old 05-04-2010, 01:14 PM
it is on low boost

lol, I was just hoping to add to your knowledge base, would be nice to talk to those guys and learn from their experience... its always best to learn from other's mistakes and not make your own
I think everyone has learned how NOT to build a turbo system from your posts...
Old 05-04-2010, 01:24 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by GoldRust
lol thats funny cause with the t56 in the black camaro I was driving at the mile we made in the area of 1900 hp and when we tore the tranny apart and it looked great. Also the camaro is a heavier car and that will put more stress on it. Alot of you guys also said that it would be super hard to get a 4th gen camaro over 200 mph, and I succeeded where everyone else has failed at the tx mile. I came close to 250mph. The point of this rant is that I love proving all the naysayers wrong time and time again. As far as this guy from lingenfelter... he hasn't tried us. If your concerned about the torque tube see exibit a :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIHs6Qt7amM

Don't worry RC you know I will make it happen. Then we will go to the mile and show them what tha ***** is goings ons
lol, right on!!! Im all for the advancement and sucess of the project, just showing a similar example FYI. Look forward to seeing Kelly's camaro get that 250+ ticket in OCT

Originally Posted by Nick K
I think everyone has learned how NOT to build a turbo system from your posts...

That has nothing to do with this, it was a constructive post, try to stay on topic .
Old 05-04-2010, 01:55 PM
it is on low boost

That has nothing to do with this, it was a constructive post, try to stay on topic .

I am on topic. RC's new build is going to look nothing like yours! It will look like a professional build because Josh knows what he's doing!
Old 05-04-2010, 02:10 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

aint no need for the hatin, keep it on topic guys.
Old 05-04-2010, 04:02 PM
RCC
On The Tree

Damn I thought this got deleted last night. Didnt know it got moved and is still getting hits. Where Powell to post something about his porsche so this one can get locked.
Old 05-04-2010, 05:26 PM
it is on low boost

Originally Posted by BizZzatch350
aint no need for the hatin, keep it on topic guys.
I think RC's car will walk all over yours too!
Old 05-05-2010, 07:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Herbie sucks, and RC still needs a drivetrain haha
Old 05-05-2010, 08:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

F all the naysayers, your vette was sick already... now it'll be retarded. From sick to retardation?
Old 05-06-2010, 12:05 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Nick K
I am on topic. RC's new build is going to look nothing like yours! It will look like a professional build because Josh knows what he's doing!
Old 05-07-2010, 02:16 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

I'm moving this back to the normal TX forum. It obviously is NOT a classifieds ad.

For the title change

Quick Reply: RC's Super Duper C6 Build Thread - Haters Be Damned!