Camaro vs 03 Cobra

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 09:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

_zac - i know what i have and i know im not faster or better than anyone on this site, most of the people on here have had many more years to build their cars then me, and have a bit more money.... i am not out to have the faster car either, i will eventually pick up a Z28 later on and build that one... im talking in general about ls cars NOT about mine... i like the cobras and wouldnt mind having one but i'd rather have my car than a cobra any day! im sorry i dont have a heads/cam/fi or spray car...
Old 05-06-2010, 09:30 AM
TECH Resident

This thread was good for a laugh..ROFL at all the hate for the Terminator..most of you knuckle draggers would pick an F-body over a Bentley, so no real surprise you think an F-body is superior in every way to a 03/04 and up Cobra...The F-body is a great car with a proven powertrain, but it is hardly the be all/end all muscle car...I actually miss my 03 and will likely pick up another one now that my Z/28 is sold...
Old 05-06-2010, 10:15 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn some of this **** is funny....it's almost like reading the video comments on you tube.

I love my SS, it's quick and sounds nasty (111 LSA). I wanted to get a Termi but damn those cars are not made for a 6'4" 280lb guy...my knee would hit the steering wheel and the door panel when I let out the clutch. They are bad *** cars and the whine of 2.2 KB is nasty but I just can't fit in one comfortably....unless I re-locate the driver seat. lol!
Old 05-06-2010, 10:32 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ELDIABLO
Damn some of this **** is funny....it's almost like reading the video comments on you tube.

I love my SS, it's quick and sounds nasty (111 LSA). I wanted to get a Termi but damn those cars are not made for a 6'4" 280lb guy...my knee would hit the steering wheel and the door panel when I let out the clutch. They are bad *** cars and the whine of 2.2 KB is nasty but I just can't fit in one comfortably....unless I re-locate the driver seat. lol!
LOL, my buddy Dan is around your height and size, maybe a little bigger and he shoe horns himself into his SonicBlue 03 cobra I believe he did end up installing extended seat rails that gave him another 2 inches of leg room...
Old 05-06-2010, 10:57 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 03Sssnake
LOL, my buddy Dan is around your height and size, maybe a little bigger and he shoe horns himself into his SonicBlue 03 cobra I believe he did end up installing extended seat rails that gave him another 2 inches of leg room...
Yeah If I ever get one thats what I would have to do...another problem I have is that I sit high on mustangs and the head room is not the best. Thats what I like about vettes and F-buckets....you sit lower and have better head room.
Old 05-06-2010, 04:28 PM
TECH Pimp

This thread was good for a laugh..ROFL at all the hate for the Terminator..most of you knuckle draggers would pick an F-body over a Bentley, so no real surprise you think an F-body is superior in every way to a 03/04 and up Cobra...The F-body is a great car with a proven powertrain, but it is hardly the be all/end all muscle car...I actually miss my 03 and will likely pick up another one now that my Z/28 is sold...
QFT!

Sometimes I wonder what goes through these dudes heads. You don't see me on 6speedonline saying MAN MY COBRA IS THE **** PORSCHE IS SLOW AND GAY! I tend to be slightly less white trash than that.
Old 05-06-2010, 04:47 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 1sickz28
you sure were gay that night i threw the keys the camaro and told you to hit the spray. pretty gay actually with that huge smilie on your face

Shut up ****
Old 05-06-2010, 05:12 PM
Banned

There is more hate for f-bodys than the cobra in here. Nobody is hating on the car, as a matter of fact just about everyone said they would like to have one. I wouldnt mind one myself but i wont pay the rediculous prices that people think they are worth.
Old 05-06-2010, 05:16 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by _Zac
QFT!

Sometimes I wonder what goes through these dudes heads. You don't see me on 6speedonline saying MAN MY COBRA IS THE **** PORSCHE IS SLOW AND GAY! I tend to be slightly less white trash than that.
I posted the video just because it was a good video. I wasn't trying to start a month long debate over what was the better muscle car. I would own either car and hope to add a Cobra to my driveway. I am not sure how the thread got on the topic it is on but that wasn't my intention.
Old 05-06-2010, 06:04 PM
Launching!

This thread is hilarious. First off, there are always going to be cobra haters AND fbody haters, period. Just because you own an fbody doesn't mean you instantly are a Cobra hater. Same goes for if you own a Cobra, doesn't mean you instantly are an fbody hater. Hell, zac's had his cobra for years and for the most part it's been damn good to him. And he's been around some of the fastest fbody's since they've came out. My camaro on the other hand has sat for WEEKS and MONTHS a handful of times due to breaking ****, but is pretty much bullet proof now.

Both cars are badass, I wouldn't mind owning a cobra myself. However, I prefer an LSX in an fbody. I definetely think if you want a realiable 450-550 hp car and don't want to spend too much money, go with a cobra. An ls1 CAN make the same power without having to spend too much money(bolt-ons,H/C,nitrous,etc), but eventually SOMETHING is gonna break. Whether it's the torque arm, tranny, rear end, and/or the motor. Ask me how I know.

That's the reason why they make stronger and better replacement parts for these cars. If you've never broken anything on your car, then you're probably not driving it how it's supposed to be driven, or your **** is probably SLOW.

Last edited by vicouSS00; 05-06-2010 at 06:10 PM.
Old 05-08-2010, 04:10 PM
TECH Pimp

Originally Posted by vicouSS00
This thread is hilarious. First off, there are always going to be cobra haters AND fbody haters, period. Just because you own an fbody doesn't mean you instantly are a Cobra hater. Same goes for if you own a Cobra, doesn't mean you instantly are an fbody hater. Hell, zac's had his cobra for years and for the most part it's been damn good to him. And he's been around some of the fastest fbody's since they've came out. My camaro on the other hand has sat for WEEKS and MONTHS a handful of times due to breaking ****, but is pretty much bullet proof now.

Both cars are badass, I wouldn't mind owning a cobra myself. However, I prefer an LSX in an fbody. I definetely think if you want a realiable 450-550 hp car and don't want to spend too much money, go with a cobra. An ls1 CAN make the same power without having to spend too much money(bolt-ons,H/C,nitrous,etc), but eventually SOMETHING is gonna break. Whether it's the torque arm, tranny, rear end, and/or the motor. Ask me how I know.

That's the reason why they make stronger and better replacement parts for these cars. If you've never broken anything on your car, then you're probably not driving it how it's supposed to be driven, or your **** is probably SLOW.

Quick Reply: Camaro vs 03 Cobra