Soo I got my wisdom teeth taken out this morning

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 04:38 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by -Ross-
Over the last 10 years a few different dentists have told me I need mine pulled, but I tell each one, "the last dentist told me that". X-Rays show the bottom ones are completely sideways pointed straight at my molars. My wisdom teeth have not moved in 10+ years and I have yet to feel an ounce of pain from them or any of my other teeth for that matter. Knock on wood.
I was in the same boat with the bottom ones being completely horizontal. However; the eventually shifted over the years and impacted the molars. I ended getting root canals of the molars and having my wisdom teeth removed. Trust me, this is not the route you want to go bud...Get it done before you are fucked 7 different ways from sunday...I waited about 15 years, lol...
Old 05-07-2010, 04:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by -Ross-
Over the last 10 years a few different dentists have told me I need mine pulled, but I tell each one, "the last dentist told me that". X-Rays show the bottom ones are completely sideways pointed straight at my molars. My wisdom teeth have not moved in 10+ years and I have yet to feel an ounce of pain from them or any of my other teeth for that matter. Knock on wood.
+1, I'm 28 years old. I hope I never have to pull them. Was told to go see a Malxiofacial'something surgeon.
Old 05-07-2010, 04:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yeah srsly^ don't sweat wisdom teeth being pulled. it sux but not near as much as the alternative. also if you've ever had braces then getting a tooth pulled pails in comparisson.
Old 05-07-2010, 04:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 03Sssnake
I was in the same boat with the bottom ones being completely horizontal. However; the eventually shifted over the years and impacted the molars. I ended getting root canals of the molars and having my wisdom teeth removed. Trust me, this is not the route you want to go bud...Get it done before you are fucked 7 different ways from sunday...I waited about 15 years, lol...
I hope not.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:23 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was fortunate to be able to have mine pulled rather than surgicaly removed, but.

I took my 14 year old sister to have hers removed with some cutting in the Orthadonists office in town. Poor kid, afterwards when we were leaving her face was all puffy, tears in her eyes, and a mouthfull of gauve and blood. As we stopped on the stoop of the office before reaching the sidewalk she was crying and suffering total discomfort even with the pain killers.

I was telling her to wait while I got the car and saw her looking past me up the street as I was talking. Suddenly she started to laugh and soon was laughing so hard that gauve and blood were flying everywhere that I turned to look behind me. Coming down the street was a well know local gay guy outlandishly dressed and strutting his stuff while walking his two dyed purple tea cup breed poodles. We laughed all the way home and she was a bloody mess..
Old 05-07-2010, 07:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

well this has all been inspirational lol. Got an appointment to get mine out monday :[
Old 05-07-2010, 07:32 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by jbridwelltransam
well this has all been inspirational lol. Got an appointment to get mine out monday :[
you'll be glad to get it out of the way. even though all 4 of mine had to be surgically removed, and i had to be knocked out, im just glad its over with lol.
Old 05-07-2010, 08:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I guess i should have them pulled too. Speaking of that, I got my 6 month check up this month. I should inquire about it.
Old 05-07-2010, 08:19 PM
Staging Lane

I had all 4 of mine pulled out in one day plus had 3 fillings done. no laughing gas no knock out, just numbed me up real good and went to town. went home and slept all day. then went to work the next day.(housekeeping in a hotel) plus the dentist didnt give me drugs for the pain. but as for the food 2 days later got tired of all the soft stuff and started eating regular food again. just make sure to gargle with salt water...
Old 05-07-2010, 08:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

When i got mine pulled out i looked like a chipmunk for a week. lol I had to ride to flordia in a car and the only thing i could eat was meatball subs cause they would get soggy. Good luck with it man. That was the worst pain i have ever been in
Old 05-07-2010, 09:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by jbridwelltransam
I'm a huge wimp when it comes to doctors/dentists/needles. I had all four wisdom teeth pulled a few years ago (one was impacted and hurt like a ****), and it was no big deal. First day, I slept, changed gauze, and took my meds. Second day, I was able to eat soft foods. By day three, I was eating sandwiches again...CAREFULLY.

I went back a week later and the oral surgeon looked in my mouth, looked at the chart, then back at my mouth. The gums healed so quickly he had to make sure he actually pulled them all.

The biggest problem was just keeping up with the meds. Painkiller every four hours, antibiotic every six, and steroid every eight. I had a little chart on the fridge for everything.

Remember: It's always easier to prevent pain, rather than stop it. If you stay ahead of the pain by taking your meds, you should be fine.

-Mike
Old 05-07-2010, 09:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah 3/4 of mine are already erupted and im sure they will just be pulled as for the 4th im kinda thinking i dont have it because i cant feel it at all and all of the others are out of the gums
Old 05-07-2010, 09:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 03Sssnake
My mom's are the same. She has never had any problems with them. She just turned 62.

Last edited by -Ross-; 05-07-2010 at 09:59 PM.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:27 PM
On The Tree

with a beer and a couple of codine i was eating pizza very slowly with my front teeth lol
Old 05-07-2010, 10:59 PM
12 Second Club

Did you start singing about JC being in your house?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oS3Olh9DnaE
Old 05-08-2010, 12:21 AM
Teching In

I was acctually Walking around giving all the nurses kisses and my number but when I got in the car apparently I snapped and started just yelling and cussing because my mom said I was loopy and she wouldnt let me get taco bell and I kicked a hole in my wall. I think I was just scared because I couldnt feel my mouth and it was uncomfortable.
Old 05-08-2010, 09:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

OMG if i was the chick in that vid i would be soooo pissed lol
Old 05-10-2010, 09:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah mine are out now. bleeding all the freaking time. and they biopsied my uvula so it hurts like **** when i drink anything. :[
Old 05-10-2010, 09:59 AM
TECH Regular

I had mine out and on the 2nd day I went with my folks to Fridays and ate a steak :shrug:

I never took any of the meds they gave me and never felt any pain from the whole situation. I kept getting meat and other various foods stuck in the holes back there and always carried around a bunch of toothpicks to fish it out, lol. There was definitely a lot of blood though. I would be eating, spit out blood, and just keep on going

Give it a couple days and see how you feel...then eat whatever you can tolerate.

I suppose I was pretty lucky with mine though, because I didn't think it was a big deal getting them out. They cracked em, pulled em, and then I went shopping with my mom for a few hours since I couldn't drive home myself.
Old 05-10-2010, 02:18 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by FloydSummerOf68
I had mine out and on the 2nd day I went with my folks to Fridays and ate a steak :shrug:

I never took any of the meds they gave me and never felt any pain from the whole situation. I kept getting meat and other various foods stuck in the holes back there and always carried around a bunch of toothpicks to fish it out, lol. There was definitely a lot of blood though. I would be eating, spit out blood, and just keep on going

Give it a couple days and see how you feel...then eat whatever you can tolerate.

I suppose I was pretty lucky with mine though, because I didn't think it was a big deal getting them out. They cracked em, pulled em, and then I went shopping with my mom for a few hours since I couldn't drive home myself.
Really depends on whether or not they are impacted. My top ones were simply pulled, the bottoms were impacted...they really worked over the bottom wisdom teeth...