Soo I got my wisdom teeth taken out this morning

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 12:55 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Soo I got my wisdom teeth taken out this morning

And im getting tired of eating Pudding and mashed potatoes, I figure im not the only one who has been in this predicament. What did everyone else eat?
Old 05-07-2010, 01:01 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i was in boot camp when i had mine pulled. i had two peices of gause in my mouth and open wounds. so i had to eat chow hall crap like jello, pudding, macaroni salad, potato salad, oh and blood, probably swallowed more blood than food. i also didn't take any pain killers.
Old 05-07-2010, 01:03 AM
Teching In

Yeah mine wont stop bleeding.. and I dont feel like cramming my mouth full of gauss to make it stop.
Old 05-07-2010, 01:04 AM
Teching In

I just got all mine pulled out during christmas break, and you should know this already but in case you dont STAY THE **** AWAY FROM STRAWS
thats probably the best advice ever haha. but now that i think about it...all i ate the entire time was soup, pasta, lots of icecream, pretty much anything that cant get stuck in the sockets. Thats a horrible feeling, knowing that there is food in the sockets but after many attempts and pain you cant remove them =/
Old 05-07-2010, 02:09 AM
Teching In

Had mine pulled in the service also. Only problem was my buddy was kind enough to take me to the store. While still doped up, I managed to buy an electric razor, cookies, and 3 gallons of ice cream. All would be good, if i happened to have a freezer in my dorm room, which i didnt. Woke up to a nice surprise the next day. Soft food works good. Im sure they told you to stay away from smokes, since they can cause a dry socket. I bleed like a stuck pig for days too. My advice, carry around a spitter. Oh and dont eat french fries. They hurt like the dickens. You can tearing some bread into small pieces and rolling it up into little *****. Mash it with your tongue. It at least is something solid.
Old 05-07-2010, 03:07 AM
Teching In

Had mine pulled a couple years ago. Ate soup.....and blood, couldn't get mine to stop bleeding for days and eventually I quit trying with the gauss. And X2 for whoever said carry around something to spit in. Fortunately I only had three pulled because as the orthodontist put it I "got jipped out of a wisdom tooth".
Old 05-07-2010, 07:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have to be hard core bro, I was fucked up after that. If you don't put that stuff in your mouth to stop the bleeding, you're gonna get dry sockets. I hear they suck *** too!
Old 05-07-2010, 07:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Smoothie King in town center, same parking lot as HEB. they new me by name when i had braces and stuff
Old 05-07-2010, 11:11 AM
Launching!

Had my pulled a few years years ago. Same thing everyone else said....mashed taters, soup, jello, pudding, ramen noodles. I was lucky cause mine only bled for a day or two and wasnt that bad, though I did take pain killers for a couple days. They gave me a large plastic syringe to rinse out the sockets after a day or two of healing.
Old 05-07-2010, 11:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Tex7387
Had mine pulled a couple years ago. Ate soup.....and blood, couldn't get mine to stop bleeding for days and eventually I quit trying with the gauss. And X2 for whoever said carry around something to spit in. Fortunately I only had three pulled because as the orthodontist put it I "got jipped out of a wisdom tooth".
I have 3 only too. But i havent had them pulled out, they've never hurteded.

Btw, OP, how are you tired of eating pudding and mashed potatoes if you just got them pulled out this morning? How much have you eaten? lol
Old 05-07-2010, 11:31 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i got mine pulled like 3 years ago and they had to extract them so i was dopped up pretty good the first few days. Just dont use straws because you will pull out the scabs forming in the sockets. As far as food i ate whatever i wanted after the first day.

Did they give you a syringe to clean out the holes from the teeth? When i had mine pulled they gave me one to clean after every meal and let me tell you there was a lot of food in there, if you dont clean it you'll get infected/dry sockets.
Old 05-07-2010, 11:46 AM
Teching In

I think since I cant smoke for a few days im just going to go ahead and take this time and to try and quit. But eating all that soft stuff just doesnt fill me up so I was wondering if there was any secrets im missing out on lol. But they did a something where they filled the wholes with my own blood plasma so no cleaning.
Old 05-07-2010, 01:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Old 05-07-2010, 01:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

eat vicodin
Old 05-07-2010, 03:20 PM
On The Tree

had mine pulled the week before christmas, which sucked. not to mention they didnt knock me out when they did it, BUT that laughing gas was awesome. maybe i'll have to start inhaling cool whip cans or somethin lol. anyways yeah carry a pan around with you, it makes life alot easier. i remember it didnt stop bleeding for like 4 days. just be sure to keep the gauze, dont smoke or use straws. as far as food all i had were pudding cups, mashed potatoes, ramen noodles, and sometimes ice cream. i remember trying to sell my soul for a cheeseburger.....but it never came !
Old 05-07-2010, 03:34 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by whatsa347
eat vicodin
/thread.... that is about all I ate for several days afterwords...food getting packed into the wound hurts like a ************!!!
Old 05-07-2010, 03:48 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Jpmilan
I just got all mine pulled out during christmas break, and you should know this already but in case you dont STAY THE **** AWAY FROM STRAWS
thats probably the best advice ever haha. but now that i think about it...all i ate the entire time was soup, pasta, lots of icecream, pretty much anything that cant get stuck in the sockets. Thats a horrible feeling, knowing that there is food in the sockets but after many attempts and pain you cant remove them =/
lol i carried around a spitter too. it was pretty knarly.

Originally Posted by CarsandWomen
Smoothie King in town center, same parking lot as HEB. they new me by name when i had braces and stuff
oh god don't remind me about braces. i still have nightmares.

Last edited by brian_rs/ss; 05-07-2010 at 04:28 PM.
Old 05-07-2010, 03:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by brian_rs/ss
i was in boot camp when i had mine pulled. i had two peices of gause in my mouth and open wounds. so i had to eat chow hall crap like jello, pudding, macaroni salad, potato salad, oh and blood, probably swallowed more blood than food. i also didn't take any pain killers.

We have a winner!
Old 05-07-2010, 04:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Over the last 10 years a few different dentists have told me I need mine pulled, but I tell each one, "the last dentist told me that". X-Rays show the bottom ones are completely sideways pointed straight at my molars. My wisdom teeth have not moved in 10+ years and I have yet to feel an ounce of pain from them or any of my other teeth for that matter. Knock on wood.
Old 05-07-2010, 04:07 PM
On The Tree

i just got mine pulled about 3-4 weeks ago, and my jaw still hurts everynow and then, i still can't open my mouth up very well to eat a burger or anything like that. I actually lost probably about 15lbs the first 2 weeks because i was so doped up on lortab that i didn't even feel like eating very much. The easiest thing i found to eat that was solid was a grilled cheese sandwich and dip it in some tomato or chicken noodle soup to help soften it up alittle bit.

Just wait till you go back and he gives you the syringe to clean out the holes, you wouldn't believe some of the stuff that will come out of there..

Last edited by Tx98Formula; 05-07-2010 at 04:13 PM.