Got a ticket because the cop ASSUMED I was speeding

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 05:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

lol yeah pigs on hogs r the worst. somewhere in that whole equation a **** ton of attitude and ego gets thrown in. i don't get it.

my last speeding ticket was from a guy on a bike.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't you ask to see their speed trap on you from their gun (obviously too late now but..)? I mean if they can't prove it then it shouldn't stick right?
Old 05-11-2010, 10:02 PM
TECH Regular

cop admitted he didnt clock him and only clocked his "buddies" **** him. get you a shiesty lawyer and get yourself out of that bs. trust me highly worth it.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

no "clock" no evidence!

Fight it!
Old 05-11-2010, 10:08 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by buddyleex
Can't you ask to see their speed trap on you from their gun (obviously too late now but..)? I mean if they can't prove it then it shouldn't stick right?
you can ASK, but that does not mean they must/will show it, I would bet if you are stopped 10 times and ask to see radar that you do not see any, you are only going to wee-wee him off and he/she MAY check your car for any thing more they may write ( cats,tint,smog/air,tires, -----)I think the more you stir it on the side of the road the worse things get , best to discuss problem in court with a judge/lawyer
just my 0.02' Johnny
Old 05-11-2010, 10:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

f that **** fight it
Old 05-11-2010, 10:12 PM
On The Tree

I've tried to fight a "speeding" ticket before in colorado. It doesn't work. It's their discression. All they have to do is say that they watch traffic on that road all day and can tell the diff between the limit and over the limit. Sucks! But if you get a lawyer they might drop it or get it reduced to a nonmoving so it doesn't effect your points.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

If he says he clocked you at 60,he should have proof to back up his allegations. have him show proof in court. He can not tell how fast you where going with a naked eye.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah, good luck fighting a cop, they will make **** up and make you look like a fool. And who is a jury going to believe ?? An officer who knows exactly what to say and how to act or some guy who claims he wasn't speeding in his muscle car ?? Been there done that.

BTW just some advice from someone who has been there. If you see two guys driving like a-holes or trying to show off, keep your distance. Otherwise, you'll be presumed to be with them or "racing" and that is one expensive, lenghty process these days.
Old 05-12-2010, 07:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

fight that bullshit tooth and nail JUST FOR THE PRINCIPAL. when you dont fight it, the cop will know he got away with it, and hell just do it again and again and again. it happens all over, so put an end to his crooked cop ways and get in his ***, even if you lose- ive done it, costed me yeah, but i fought for the principal.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:30 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by rayosequis
Yeah, good luck fighting a cop, they will make **** up and make you look like a fool. And who is a jury going to believe ?? An officer who knows exactly what to say and how to act or some guy who claims he wasn't speeding in his muscle car ?? Been there done that.

BTW just some advice from someone who has been there. If you see two guys driving like a-holes or trying to show off, keep your distance. Otherwise, you'll be presumed to be with them or "racing" and that is one expensive, lenghty process these days.
Dash cams can be some pretty good evidence, especially if it shows one of the trucks taking of and you stopping. Not to mention he is going to have a helluva time proving that they were actually 'your friends.'
Old 05-12-2010, 09:56 AM
12 Second Club

if there is no video or no radar.. fight it.. I had both for the last ticket... so i ate it LOL.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He is a moron, he admitted to not having you on clock? I dont even think you would need a lawyer just plead innocent at the court, and I bet he doesnt even show up.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:44 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by CamaroSS27
He is a moron, he admitted to not having you on clock? I dont even think you would need a lawyer just plead innocent at the court, and I bet he doesnt even show up.
If this is the case and the dash cam was on (most are activated when the lights kick on), odds are the cam picked up that tidbit of audio.

Fight it.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:13 PM
On The Tree

Fight it, next time ask to see the radar. In court ask to see the video.
Old 05-14-2010, 08:29 AM
9 Second Club

UPDATE!

Talk about corrupt cops... So this morning, I see that cop that got me at the gas station where he pulled me over (go figure). I went up to him and I mentioned how what he did was wrong, and I was going to fight it. He remembered me when I told him about the two trucks. His exact words were... "Go ahead and fight it kid. I have the trucks clocked at 60, and that's all I need. Who's to say that wasn't YOU I clocked? Besides, who's the judge going to believe? An officer that's been on the force for 8 years, or some punk kid with a hot wheels car?"

This is some bs...
Old 05-14-2010, 08:41 AM
Wearin' da big hat

Originally Posted by Slash8915
UPDATE!

Talk about corrupt cops... So this morning, I see that cop that got me at the gas station where he pulled me over (go figure). I went up to him and I mentioned how what he did was wrong, and I was going to fight it. He remembered me when I told him about the two trucks. His exact words were... "Go ahead and fight it kid. I have the trucks clocked at 60, and that's all I need. Who's to say that wasn't YOU I clocked? Besides, who's the judge going to believe? An officer that's been on the force for 8 years, or some punk kid with a hot wheels car?"

This is some bs...
Sounds like some phone calls need to be made to that cities chief of police
Old 05-14-2010, 08:57 AM
12 Second Club

UPDATE!

This is some bs...
If you do something like this again turn the recorder on your phone on, then go talk to them.
Old 05-14-2010, 09:05 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sluggish
If you do something like this again turn the recorder on your phone on, then go talk to them.
I should have done that, I just didn't think about it.
Old 05-14-2010, 09:27 AM
Teching In

UPDATE!

This is some bs...
That is bullshit and very unprofessional on the cops part. I travel that road often, haven't seen the cop but I will keep my eye out now that I know they lurk there.