so i got arrested yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 07:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GarrettM
One thing you can do that we have done before is to call and ask to be connected to the cop that pulled you over. Tell him that the ticket is bogus and so were his actions, and that you have spoken with an attorney and he should consider dropping the ticket or you will be filing a formal complaint of his actions with the police commisioner. Because if a formal complaint is filed he is suspended with pay till it is figured out im pretty sure.
it actually depends on the department, some places only give a slap on the wrist for a complaint. now if the severity of the situation is bad enough then yes they can be suspended. i believe in most places complaints are just filed away in the officers record and the next time he/she is due for a raise/promotion those complaints pop up and may stop them. but it's worth a shot. especially since it sounds like the cop in question tryed to back pedal and apologized when he realized he was being to rough. so if you throw the threat of a formal complaint in his face he may back down and drop the ticket. OR he could get offended, say **** you and show up on your court date and try to bend you over.
Old 05-30-2010, 08:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by brian_rs/ss
it actually depends on the department, some places only give a slap on the wrist for a complaint. now if the severity of the situation is bad enough then yes they can be suspended. i believe in most places complaints are just filed away in the officers record and the next time he/she is due for a raise/promotion those complaints pop up and may stop them. but it's worth a shot. especially since it sounds like the cop in question tryed to back pedal and apologized when he realized he was being to rough. so if you throw the threat of a formal complaint in his face he may back down and drop the ticket. OR he could get offended, say **** you and show up on your court date and try to bend you over.
True....
Old 05-30-2010, 09:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by bambaboy
so i was maybe going 30 in the baybrook mall parking lot, the part where it looks like a 4 lane road.. anyway, a houston cop pulls behind me after i leave the parking lot, gets on his bullhorn and says "pull the **** over" so i did, and he came up and yanked me out of my car, slammed me up against my car and cuffed me.. he then walked me over and slammed me against his car, took my wallet and got my drivers license and insurance and then put me in the back of his car. 2 wreckers show up, and in the mean time my gf is in my car flipping the **** out. about 10 minutes later he takes me out of his car, un cuffs me, apologizes for being a complete dick, and has me sign a ticket for speeding 40 in a 10 mph zone, but the location he gives is glenwest st, which runs behind the mall where i was pulled over, he didn't note anywhere where the 10 mph zone was. can he even give a ticket for this?
Do you live in Alvin? That car looks familiar.
Old 05-30-2010, 11:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bambaboy
ha yeah, he was saying what if somones little girl walked out in front of you.. i was thinking, thats the outer edge of a huge parking lot away from buildings... wheres this little girl going to come from? he was cussing me out all the way back to his car, i'm telling you this **** was bad. i went back over there this morning and its 15 mph around that loop, and glenwest where he had me pulled over is 45 mph
So if ur ticket says glenwest st, why don't you just tell the judge that was the street u where on and prove to the judge that the street is 45mph and he thought it was 10...

Sounds easy enough
Old 05-30-2010, 11:27 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

or u could stop being a bitch cause u WERE in the wrong pay the ticket and be happy he didnt take ur *** to lock up and charge u with wanton endangerment and or reckless driving
Old 05-30-2010, 11:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SexyTransAm
or u could stop being a bitch cause u WERE in the wrong pay the ticket and be happy he didnt take ur *** to lock up and charge u with wanton endangerment and or reckless driving
yea but the dam guy
put the wrong adress... for one..
and he didnt need to slam the dam guy on his car and cuff him
and freak the **** out of his girlfriend...
cops go thruw training to avoid these type of situations
but agian thats just my .02....
Old 05-30-2010, 11:34 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TROLLIN
pussssy u didnt get arrested
Didn't you get banned? New name or what?
Old 05-30-2010, 11:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by redws618
Didn't you get banned? New name or what?
lmaoo...
i remember that
Old 05-31-2010, 09:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Holy **** bro, that is a no go.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:01 AM
Teching In

i never got banned....
Old 05-31-2010, 11:15 AM
On The Tree

was it this guy?

or one of these guys?

Old 06-01-2010, 10:22 AM
Wearin' da big hat

That's the worst advice ever.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:01 AM
6600 rpm clutch dump of death Administrator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'd get an attorney to make sure its all taken care of. There are probably mistakes on the ticket, but unless you know the law, in many cases they will just try to push it through.

I'd recommend you call Byron Kirkpatrick @ Harry "Red"Loftus & Associates

Harry "Red"Loftus & Associates
401 Studewood St # 200
713-862-3131 - 24 Hours
Houston, TX 77007

Byron lives down in that area.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:09 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by GarrettM
One thing you can do that we have done before is to call and ask to be connected to the cop that pulled you over. Tell him that the ticket is bogus and so were his actions, and that you have spoken with an attorney and he should consider dropping the ticket or you will be filing a formal complaint of his actions with the police commisioner. Because if a formal complaint is filed he is suspended with pay till it is figured out im pretty sure.
Filing a formal complaint against an HPD officer is moot. HPD has one of the largest brotherhoods you could ever imagine. They all cover for one another and on up the chain. The only time hard love is shown is when the media/politics are involved. If a formal complaint is filed, he will not get suspended because the level of importantance in your claim is next to none.

In this situation, what you should have done was ask for his supv to come to the scene. But IMO, I believe there is more to your story than what you are leading us to believe. For going 30 over, I can't see an officer just yelling obscenities over the loud com, snatching you out the car or slamming you against the car unless you either A, were doing burnouts or donuts in the parking lots, B, was accelerating pretty aggressively between parking rows, or C, acting a complete fool. Was the officers gun drawn when he approached your vehicle?

Last edited by 427LS7HCI; 06-01-2010 at 01:19 PM.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ive had a cop flash the spotlight at me from the opposing lane at intersection during the day.
and bust a u turn just to chase me down and told me to
"pull the **** over now" over the pa
oulled me over because i had the bird cover on my t/a and licnse plate on the dash
said he could "haul me if he wanted to and could legally search my car for narcotics and or weapons"
it was really just a waste of my time since nothing really happened. i guess he was trying to intimidate me the whole time.
cussing and asking me stupid questions. i was just grinning tryin not to laugh the whole time. even verified to see if my insurance card was legit. eventually the other cop with him brought me back my papers and let me go. the ************ didnt even hand them to me. just threw on my pass seat.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:23 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Ws6kid.
yea but the dam guy
put the wrong adress... for one..
and he didnt need to slam the dam guy on his car and cuff him
and freak the **** out of his girlfriend...
cops go thruw training to avoid these type of situations
but agian thats just my .02....

is that a haiku?
Old 06-01-2010, 09:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Its usually people like you who **** and moan the loudest when **** happens to them. Your advice sucks almost as bad as your opinion. WTF are you doing in the Texas section anyway?

OP,

Sounds like he thought he had a shoplifter or something. Or someone with a similar car was racing around the parking lot. Or he has a fat wife, who is divorcing and taking him to the cleaners.

Couple ways to handle this. An easy way, take it to a lawyer. A ticket with bad information is easily dismissed.

Another way is to plea "not guilty, trial by jury". Take pictures of the area with posted speed signs. You have a witness. With solid evidence, the A.D.A. will work with you. They don't want to blow money on a jury trial.

At the very least, plea "no contest" and try to get deferred adjudication. Thats if you just want to it to be over with.

I think the whole complaint thing is a wasted effort. These guys can get away with w/e they want.

Good luck man
Old 06-02-2010, 07:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

If you go the jury route, they will wonder why you did not file a complaint... Be a Team player and start the paper work trail. It could help someone else down the road.
Old 06-02-2010, 02:41 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Shoulda ninja chopped hm and ran away.

your prolly effed.
Old 09-13-2014, 01:05 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I found this by accident. I am wondering what came of it....if the OP is still on here.

Quick Reply: so i got arrested yesterday